Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up-again

No posts for over a week. Has nobody anything to moan about  ;D

Celt_Man

Some shock Gaels beating Ballyhaise 2-9 to 0-9 throws that whole group open - could be a 3 way tie for the 2 top spots or 3 way tie for second place.

Crosserlough really struggled against Kill this evenign in Stadone.  Got a goal in the last 2 minutes to win by two points
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

club_man

Big win for Ballinagh against the Gaels, leaves a very interesting final game between Ramor and Gaels, I think Ramor could get a draw/win against them. Very poor game with Ramor and Lacken. Lacken were extremely disappointing with Ramor looking to be flying.

rodney trotter

I think Ramor are more than capable of beating Cavan Gaels next week which would more than likely knock the gaels out..  :oThey were very good today against lacken, although lacken didn't play at all, suspensions injuries and players abroad have not helped lackens cause. Anton Reilly was very good again today, himself and James McEnroe are a stong combination in the middle of the park. Ado Cole was very lively but a bit wasteful at times, Ronan Fitzimons is a good player at centre forward with great pace and can score. Ballinagh looked very fired up yesterday against the gaels.. Carrol was very good at full back, david finnegan gave eammon reilly a hard time and kicked 2 or 3 good pts.. Gaynor was his usual self, involved in numerous off the ball stuff, could have been put off, kicked a brillant point in the first half and done a good job on niall murray before switching to Lyng. Colin Gumley and Niall Mcdermott were very good in the ff line..

Ollie

The Gaels have it all to do. They were awful against ballinagh. They were second to every ball and didnt play to there strengths. Strange why Jelly and lyng didnt start the game. They be the  first names I would have on the team-sheet. There capable of beating Ramor but will have to up there performance big time. A week my not be enough time to change things round.. I wouldnt go backing ballinagh for the championship after that performance either. McDermott is there only threat in the full forward line and there defence is vulnerable aswell. Gaynors footballing ability has diminished in my opinion. He's too occupied with off the ball incidents. I think a strong performance from the likes of Mullahoran or Kingscourt would beat either the Gaels or Ballinagh.

rodney trotter

Gumley kicked 1-4 i think it was a- few frees.. it wasn't just mcdermott who done the damage.

rodney trotter

Cavan Gaels looked a lot more shaky than the ballinagh defence, duffy is not a corner back, he got frustrated at the end at stupidly hit mcdermott right in front of the ref.. Eammon Reilly doesn't look as good when he has to mark somebody rather than looking good doing a few runs up the field and getting the odd pint..

Swadman

Quote from: Ollie on August 02, 2011, 12:58:21 AM
The Gaels have it all to do. They were awful against ballinagh. .. Strange why Jelly and lyng didnt start the game. They be the  first names I would have on the team-sheet.

They must be saving them for the Intermediate Championship !!! ;D

Ollie

Quote from: Swadman on August 03, 2011, 02:25:48 PM
The Gaels have it all to do. They were awful against ballinagh. .. Strange why Jelly and lyng didnt start the game. They be the  first names I would have on the team-sheet.

Well in fairness Lyng was out injured up until last week and had very little training done of late. I suppose that showed against Ballinagh. Can't understand why jelly didnt start. I doubt it was for that reason. Intermediate team played well against Ballyhaise. Impressive displays from Paul Graham and Daragh Sexton. Wouldn't be surprised if Sexton starts against Ramor at the weekend in place of Duffy.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Ollie on August 03, 2011, 07:56:08 PM

Well in fairness Lyng was out injured up until last week and had very little training done of late. I suppose that showed against Ballinagh. Can't understand why jelly didnt start. I doubt it was for that reason. Intermediate team played well against Ballyhaise. Impressive displays from Paul Graham and Daragh Sexton. Wouldn't be surprised if Sexton starts against Ramor at the weekend in place of Duffy.

Maybe he doesn't want to play? He was a sub in a league game a few weeks ago against killeshandra and his body language on the pitch when he came on said he didn't want to be there. Saying that he scored 2 goals but there is something up there imo.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 03, 2011, 11:32:34 PM

Maybe he doesn't want to play? He was a sub in a league game a few weeks ago against killeshandra and his body language on the pitch when he came on said he didn't want to be there. Saying that he scored 2 goals but there is something up there imo.

I hear he prefers to play golf now and isnt training, sounds like the lad needs a break from football.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on August 04, 2011, 11:22:17 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 03, 2011, 11:32:34 PM

I hear he prefers to play golf now and isnt training, sounds like the lad needs a break from football.

Its not what people will want to hear but I think you are right, maybe he should head off now to the US or Australia for 12 months and get his mojo back because he doesn't look like a happy man on the football field.

sams the aim

would love to see what  a happy footballer can do, ;D has he not got sumit like 4-3 in less than an hrs play, happy enough id say.

Ollie

Was surprised at the hammering Castlerahen dished out to Gowna last night.. surely Gowna aren't that bad?? Ramor never really threatened the Gaels last night. It wasn't a great performance from the Gaels but it was an improvement from the ballinagh match. Still think they'll struggle to make it to the county final. Drumalee and Denn match was brutal. Can't get over how poor Drumalee were. They will probably find themselves back in the intermediate by the end of the year.

rodney trotter

I think drumalee will find it hard to stay up now, Lavey Gowna and Lacken are the other teams in the relagation play offs. I couldn't see drumalee beating any of those teams.. Lacken have trevor crowe back and Niall Mckiernan will be back soon, Gowna wont be as bad again they were last sunday. Lavey should have beaten kingscort and went out on score difference