Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

footy15

We dont want to blow this team up, keep them down to earth and keep the pressure off them, and they will beat Galway

Denn Forever

From another thread.#

Quarter finals

Saturday July 30th
Roscommon v Armagh* Pearse park Longford TBC
Cavan v Galway Pearse park Longford 3pm

Monday August 1st
Tipperary v Meath Portlaoise 2pm
Dublin v Cork Portlaoise 4pm

Semi finals

Sunday August 21st
Roscommon or Armagh v Tipperary or Meath, Croke Park, 1.30pm

Sunday 28 August
Dublin or Cork v Cavan or Galway, Croke Park, 1.30pm

* Venue will be changed if Roscommon meet Armagh in round 4 senior championship

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

anglocelt39

too much trouble pasting in the link but good highlights on TG4 player section
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Babe Ruth 47

PhilsJemmysField

Where s Conor Smith from, Is he the Killeshandra lad on the panel / team

BigMac

Obviously I am delighted with another provincial title at under age level and it would give hope for the future of football in the county, but with regards the race to a minor All Ireland, there is actually no benefit to winning a provincial title. Both the provincial winners and losers are drawn in the quarter finals, so really were not further on except we're playing a losing provincial finalist.

Westside

Armagh are still second favorites for the All Ireland, presumably because they are on the opposite side of the Draw to Dublin and are therefore more likely to get to the Final.. I think Cavan can get past Galway provided they can keep their feet on the ground, improve the decision making in attack and most importantly; not take them for granted.

Denn Forever

My glass is half full but I'll take another if you're offering.
means what he says...

anglocelt39

Quote from: BigMac on July 19, 2011, 01:42:14 PM
Obviously I am delighted with another provincial title at under age level and it would give hope for the future of football in the county, but with regards the race to a minor All Ireland, there is actually no benefit to winning a provincial title. Both the provincial winners and losers are drawn in the quarter finals, so really were not further on except we're playing a losing provincial finalist.

Very good point and all the more so given how unpredictable this code is, not too many years ago that none of the Provincial champions made the AISF at minor level so we will have a few surprises before all this plays out. Where beating Armagh was important and it's only my opinion, is that we are starting to see a few footballers that are getting used to the idea of beating Armagh, Tyrone etc. You'd like to think this might pay off at senior level sometime soon. Anyway great year so far hope it continues a bit longer.

it even looks like we have a bit of management talent inside the county as well.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Swadman

Quote...starting to see a few footballers that are getting used to the idea of beating Armagh, Tyrone etc. You'd like to think this might pay off at senior level sometime soon. Anyway great year so far hope it continues a bit longer.

Whats the odds on a third Cavan team playing in an All Ireland final in Croke Park in the one year????? (I had to get that in)

I wasn't at the Denn v Swad game but I heard Martin Sludden was the referee (What did you see Denn Forever?)

Denn Forever

Like Arsene, I didn't see it but I have a good reason in that I wasn't there.
means what he says...

Stevie g 8

i was at the ulster final last sunday and was very impressed with the cavan minor team.there seems to be a strong underage structure with the u 21s also winning ulster.why are the senior team so poor

tommysmith

I think that alot of it is down to the managers that the county board have appointed.  Things have gone down hill since Eamon Coleman was in charge.  Player attitude is a big problem also with lads drinking and acting the clown.

McElkennon was appointed as manger where he should have been training the team and cassidy manager.

Keoghan came then and had no experience at this level and apparently some players would not play for him (Cavan Gaels but not many have bothered since anyway)  and some off his antics would not have shown disipline to the players who were there.

Tom Carr arrived then via a recruitment agency and nothing improved.

Current management wont improve things either and i hope that Hyland wont get the job on his own after Andrews goes.

tommysmith

Quote from: Thastheball on July 22, 2011, 12:48:35 PM
Tommy our players over the past 6 years have been rubbish, and mostly too small. \thats our lot. Things are going to change in the next few years

Yeah i agree 100% with that but i also think that wrong people have been in charge but in saying that not many would have wanted to take them over either.

boojangles

Tipping bit of a game in Crosskeys between Ballinagh and Ramor. Draw.
Ballyhaise put down a marker easily disposing of a very disappointing but depleted Drumlane in Breifni earlier.