Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Yip be could we trust a Meathman?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

any team named yet?wouldnt mind seeing the longford one if its named either.

not very confident about this match,a lot of people saying if we cant beat longford at home then theres no hope for us.longford are a very good team.won div 4 against a good ros side who are in the connacht final,were very close to beating laois (who did well in div2 this year) after kicking close to 15 wides,beat mayo last year,only lost to down by 4 points in newry (how much did we lose to the other AI finalists by?),lost to louth by a point,and i think that was after louth beat kildare,so louth had plenty of momentum going into that game.longford are on the up and no one seems to notice.

that might sound negative,but its realistic.it'll take an enormus effort from all the players to win this.id be a lot happier with a win tomorrow than i would be with a win over a lot of div 3 teams.

Denn,who is his uncle?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Longford - D Sheridan; D Brady, B Gilleran, D Reilly; S Mulligan, K Diffley, N Farrell; B McElvanney, M Brady; D Barden, D Masterson, P Barden (captain); D McElligott, B Kavanagh, S McCormack.

Cavan team hasn't been announced yet

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Taken over from the Division 3 thread... probably better suited to here anyway

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 19, 2011, 05:44:13 PM
Quote from: Westside on June 18, 2011, 12:32:53 AM
Corlough's best player Martin Cassidy quit a few weeks ago and they were missing their fullback Joe Prior, they work with the bare minimum of players most well past retiring but don't want to quit as they won't be able to field a team, they won this game after sacking their manager and losing every single game before this and they STILL managed to get the bit between their teeth and get back a 6 point deficit to the top team in the group. It's a testament to the lads involved that they can even field a team never mind win up in Mountnugent no matter how many players Mountnugent were missing.

Its a terror,my own club is exactly the opposite,over 45 players have played League football between the 3 teams so far this year,and lads whom would be decent enough but became disillusioned over being told not even to bother togging out for the seniors by the previous management team.
We lost 1 to Emigration this year and 3/4 whom couldnt be bothered anymore.
Corlough and Maghera are a credit to their communities,battling away with such a small pick.

Jaysus that's mental.  I've always marvelled at Ballyhaise being able to field 3 league teams.  In fairness you wouldn't automatically come to mind as having a huge pick so that's a far achievement.  Having successful Minor and U21 teams would have helped but you must have some retention of players.  When you look at a team like the Gaels, won 10/11 out of 12 Minor Championships, you would think if they even kept 40% of those teams playing they would easily have a third team operating.

I beginning to feel that alamagamtions can be a dangerous thing in some ways.  When, like ourselves last year at Minor level, a club only has a handful of players an amalgamation is a very useful thing but when you look at the likes of Kingscourt winning a MFL title and then amalgamating for the Championship - surely that isn't encouraging boys to stick at it and keep playing.

Imagine being a 17 year old playing on a MFL winning team then maybe not getting a look-in at championship time, how willing or dedicated would you be when your club came calling next January for a Minor League back on your own??

Celt_Man

boojangles

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 24, 2011, 12:15:11 PM

Bart?? didnt know of that connection.
Mickey Harte spoke highly of him.
He wouldn't be everybodys cup of tea.

Dougal

Quote from: boojangles on June 24, 2011, 01:06:13 PM

who,mickey or bart?  ;)
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on June 24, 2011, 01:07:37 PM
Quote from: boojangles on June 24, 2011, 01:06:13 PM

who,mickey or bart?  ;)

Ha ha. We'l not get into it!
Tony Brady first brought Bart about nearly 10 years ago. He was probably ahead of his time with his thinking. He was trying to get through to some lads back then and if he was still there today he wouldn't have got through to them.

boojangles

JO'Reilly.MCahill.TCorr.DO'Dowd.MMcKeever.JMcCutcheon.DO'Reilly.DGivney.GMcKiernan.FFlanagan.MLyng.NMurray.NMcDermott.EKeating.SJohnston. Cn V Ld Sat 5pm

Westside

The groundsman on HS is making noises that this won't be the team to start, he says Flanagan will go to Corner back instead of O'Dowd and Damian O'Reilly will not play. I hope that's not the case.. The team named has just the right balance of changes without ruining players confidence.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Westside on June 24, 2011, 11:03:00 PM
The groundsman on HS is making noises that this won't be the team to start, he says Flanagan will go to Corner back instead of O'Dowd and Damian O'Reilly will not play. I hope that's not the case.. The team named has just the right balance of changes without ruining players confidence.

That groundsman would sicken a body's arse

boojangles

Not the right team. New backline.

BallyhaiseMan

Didnt even stay for the Louth/Meath game
That was a f**king disgrace.

1. Starting a clearly unfit Niall Murray,whose man Shane Mulligan done a sight of harm.

2. Giving Michael Brady his debut marking one of the best players in the country,Paul Barden who done a sight of harm.

Yet you leave one of the most in-form players players in the county,Keith Fannin on the bench.
McKiernan and Johnson's (2) bad missed in the first half from very scoreable positions were crucial with that gale force breeze,whereby Sean McCormack was kicking the frees over from 50 Metres plus.
Its was the difference between 0-10 0-06 up and 0-7 0-06 up at half time.
No Breaks again were won,until Longford scored their goal,then amazingly we managed to win some.
McKiernan and Givney won far more primary posession than Martin Brady and Bernard McElhinny,yet Cavan still lost.  ???
Mark McKeever was very good bar a few mistakes,as was James McEnroe who battled hard.
The biggest dissapointments on show were Lyng and Johnson whom were both non existant.
Eugene Keating was outstanding,kicking 0-4,but he got no ball in,in the second half.
Niall McDermott was very quiet.
Nesty's sending off was a joke of a decision.
I thought Tommy Corr done well on Brian Kavanagh overall,bar a few slips and fouls.
Martin Cahill and John McCutcheon didnt look anywhere approaching 100% fitness,so its hard to put too much blame on them.

There is obvious footballing ability within that squad,But Hyland and Andrews are NOT the management to bring out the best in that squad+Under 21's.
f**k sake, even Donal Keoghan and Tommy Carr managed to win at least one championship game,with a less talented group of players.
I hope Andrews and Hyland get the boot,because they havent a f**kin clue.