Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Quote from: BigMac on June 09, 2011, 07:37:49 PM
Cheers for that Westside. You must have had a good bit of time on your hands today. Will try and count up how many different players we've used now!

Ah I just jotted that down from memory.. I'm actually a very busy career orientated person.. I swear...

PhilsJemmysField

Anybody know what is the story with these 3 boys Injured / Dropped ?

Martin Cahill,  Dermot Sheridan &  Mark McKeever

boojangles

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on June 10, 2011, 09:19:51 AM
Anybody know what is the story with these 3 boys Injured / Dropped ?

Martin Cahill,  Dermot Sheridan &  Mark McKeever

I believe that they picked the team on current form. Dermot Sheridan and Mc Keever both had injuries recently and may not be fully right. I know Martin Cahill has been around a while but if playing well I would definitely have him either corner back or half back. Very determined boy with great cutting. Hopefully they boys we have there on Sunday will display the same.

anglocelt39

Team named on Tuesday night which must be an all time record in Cavan, many's the morning of a match you'd be wondering what the line out is. Any views on whether we are trying a bit of the oul smoke and mirrors stuff and the starting 15 might difffer slightly from that which was announced. Personally I think there's only so far counties like ourselves can get with that sort of crack, it's not as if we are going to unsettle Donegal by springing Gooch Cooper and Paul Galvin on them.

Having said all that, if, for example, Mckeever and Dermot Sheridan lined out in the back line it would take a fair bit of the "totallly inexperienced" tag off the defence at any rate, you'd also have a lad who has played a fair bit with Murphy at college and might have a bit of an angle on him.

Anyway, very best of luck to all involved.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Hyland seemed to stick with the named team in the u21s so I reckon that team will start. Mcguinness on the other hand fancies himself as a tactician and I reckon donegal will make some changes.

rodney trotter

Mckeever must be carrying a injury as he is usually one of the first players that would be starting for Cavan in a championship game. Its a pity Pierson, Ronan Flanagan and Pauric Reilly are ruled out. Three players who would have made a difference so hopefuly the young lads can do the business now. Hope lyng has a big game tomorrow as a lot of cavans play will be going through him, he is the best passer of a ball in Cavan serious vison, hopefully he will get some good ball into johnston and mcdermott. Donegal will be at more or less full strenght so we are going to be u against it.

Breffni_Yank

Cavan will be completely different to Antrim. And as a consequence, we will also play a different style and will employ a completely different game plan than we did the last day against Antrim," McGuiness told this week's Donegal Democrat.

I really hope he is just playing mind-games and they come and play their usual crap!

boojangles

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on June 11, 2011, 12:37:52 PM
Cavan will be completely different to Antrim. And as a consequence, we will also play a different style and will employ a completely different game plan than we did the last day against Antrim," McGuiness told this week's Donegal Democrat.

I really hope he is just playing mind-games and they come and play their usual crap!

Lets be honest, if Jim Mc Guinness doesn't tell his team to bomb balls into the Full forward line at every oppurtunity in the first 20 minutes then he is stupid. Val and Terry should know to expect that so I really hope they have a plan to counteract it.
I agree about Lyng being vital to Cavan 2mrw. He is the one player we have who can dictate a game with his passing and also his ability to take that extra second if needed to pick out a pass.

Westside

Someone on HS saying that McKeever will start in place of Damien O'Reilly with McCutcheon going to fullback and McEnroe out to half back and Flanagan and Murray swapping with Flanagan who will be picking up McHugh. Does seem likely but I think Damien Reilly would be hard done by..

beer baron

Quote from: Westside on June 11, 2011, 03:05:05 PM
Someone on HS saying that McKeever will start in place of Damien O'Reilly with McCutcheon going to fullback and McEnroe out to half back and Flanagan and Murray swapping with Flanagan who will be picking up McHugh. Does seem likely but I think Damien Reilly would be hard done by..

Damien picked up a knock at training the other night,they didn't know how bad it was last i heard......

mylestheslasher

Best of luck to the lads today. I hope they can go out and all play to the best of their ability and you never know that could be good enough for a win. Come on Cavan!!!!

Celt_Man

Todays the day and still doesn't feel like a big championship day in Breffni....

Hopefully the low key build up will be of benefit - An Cabhan AbĂș!!

Can't wait!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Breffni_Yank

Have a sneaky positive feeling about this one and I don't know why.....Once the teams gives 100% i'll be happy and we'll see how it goes from there.

full moon

Utterly embarrassing performance. Poor Donegal side without their best player still destroy us.

Donegal came and done what they always do, blanket defense. Clueless "tactics" from us, or lack of. Dont know why Val Andrews was running around the field, seemed to be saying well done and other pointless stuff througout the game.

Going nowhere fast.