Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Anyone know where we could get updates on the Minor game?

put-it-up-again

Minors are 2-2 to 0-0 up after fifteen minutes

put-it-up-again

Cavan 2-6 Antrim 0-00 at half-time

mylestheslasher

Quote from: put-it-up-again on May 29, 2011, 07:37:57 PM
Cavan 2-6 Antrim 0-00 at half-time

Great stuff. Hopefully can close it out now

put-it-up-again

Cavan 2-11 Antrim 2-2.

Good result for the Minors to get their season up and running. Where are they out next does anyone know? I think it's bad form not to let minors play before the senior games.

Anyone at it that could give a bit more detail on the game?

Westside

Tyrone up next in the Semi Final. I would say it won't be until after the leaving cert now? Donegal and Antrim were the two weakest Minor teams in Ulster, Tyrone hammered Monaghan and will prove tough opposition. Cavan were down to 14 men 13 minutes into the second half when Dillon at midfield got sent off. After this Antrim got their two goals.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Westside on May 29, 2011, 08:26:27 PM
Tyrone up next in the Semi Final. I would say it won't be until after the leaving cert now? Donegal and Antrim were the two weakest Minor teams in Ulster, Tyrone hammered Monaghan and will prove tough opposition. Cavan were down to 14 men 13 minutes into the second half when Dillon at midfield got sent off. After this Antrim got their two goals.

Great result. Tyrone people saying this is a poor enough team they have having done badly in the ulster league, but they would say that.

anglocelt39

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 29, 2011, 08:43:37 PM
Quote from: Westside on May 29, 2011, 08:26:27 PM

Great result. Tyrone people saying this is a poor enough team they have having done badly in the ulster league, but they would say that.

delighted with that. somebody mentioned Antrim and Donegal being the worst minor teams in Ulster. I'm fairly sure Donegal won the Ulster Minor league convincingly and I think they quite fancied themselves this year. Tyrone certainly weren't up to much in the league but won't fear a Cavan jersey, that's for sure. Still, great result for a team we've heard feck all about, up to now anyways.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Breffni_Yank

I honestly didn't even know the minors were playing today but delighted they got a win. I think the u21's run this year has obviously taken the huge amount of pressure/expectation that is normally put on the minors by us supporters each year and that can only be a good thing.

Next game is June 26th according to Ulster Council website.

Tyrone will be a good test as always but its great to get a win and a bit of momentum behind them. Just one game away from another Ulster final appearance so it's great to see. 

Anyone got a team from today?

anglocelt39

Tyrone and Cavan have progressed to a semi-final meeting in the Ulster MFC after securing victories on Sunday.

All-Ireland champions Tyrone booked their place in the last four by beating Monaghan 0-15 to 1-5 at Brewster Park.

The Red Hands led 0-9 to 0-2 at half-time and a second-half goal by Mark McGuirk was not enough for Monaghan.

Cavan defeated Antrim 2-11 to 2-2 at Pairc Esler, Andrew Graham and Kevin Bouchier netting for Cavan and Ryan Murray and Finbar O'Neill for Antrim.

Tyrone scored nine points without reply, including two from blood sub Daniel McNulty, on their way to a seven-point half-time lead.

McGuirk was only on the field for two minutes.

Substitute McGuirk breathed new life into his side with a 1-2 salvo in the opening eight minutes of the second half.

The defending champions regrouped and finished strongly with points from subs Enda McGahan and McNulty.

Cavan led Antrim 2-6 to 0-0 at half-time and the Saffron boys did not register a score until the 11th minute of the second half when Ryan Murray scored a point.

Cavan's goals came in the second and ninth minutes while Antrim found the net in the 23rd and 26th minutes of the second half.

Cavan had Joe Dillon sent-off for a second yellow card offence in the 43rd minute
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Westside

No I think Donegal and Antrim were at the bottom of their groups in the Ulster Minor League.. Armagh and Derry played the final with Derry winning.

Very little word about this minor team and lets hope it stays that way for the Tyrone game. One game away from a final is a great position to be in. Given the farce that was the management appointment it would be a big boost to get to the final.

put-it-up-again

Minor team to start today according to programme was:
1. Billy O'Mara (Bailieborough)
2. Brian Sankey (Shercock)
3. Killian Clarke (Shercock)
4. Francis Moore (Ballyhaise)
5. Gerard Smith (Lavey)
6. Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon)
7. Ciaran Brady (Arva)
8. Paul Graham (Cavan Gaels)
9. Joe Dillon (Kingscourt)
10. Andrew Dewart (Gowna)
11. Darren Monaghan (Lavey)
12. Michael Argue (Bailieborough)
13. Andrew Graham (Cavan Gaels)
14. Kevin Bouchier (Arva)
15. Conor Finnegan (Lacken)

beer baron

Quote from: put-it-up-again on May 29, 2011, 10:02:45 PM
Minor team to start today according to programme was:
1. Billy O'Mara (Bailieborough)
2. Brian Sankey (Shercock)
3. Killian Clarke (Shercock)
4. Francis Moore (Ballyhaise)
5. Gerard Smith (Lavey)
6. Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon)
7. Ciaran Brady (Arva)
8. Paul Graham (Cavan Gaels)
9. Joe Dillon (Kingscourt)
10. Andrew Dewart (Gowna)
11. Darren Monaghan (Lavey)
12. Michael Argue (Bailieborough)
13. Andrew Graham (Cavan Gaels)
14. Kevin Bouchier (Arva)
15. Conor Finnegan (Lacken)

God i'm feeling old when off the top of my head  i only know one lad starting  :(

PhilsJemmysField

Think Cavan must have been playing a challenge at the weekend anybody hear anything

whats my name

yea they played carlow won by a point thats all i heard