Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Longford

Jeepers. I left at 2-09 to 1-05 with less than 10 minutes to go, happy in the knowledge of another great victory over our near neighbours. I must have missed the only bit of excitement there was!!!

Dougal

Quote from: rodney trotter on May 02, 2011, 08:41:02 PM
Niall Mc kiernan missed a few trainings at the start of the season around the hastings cup, and never really got much of a look in since. He can be lazy at times towards training and that probaly cost him a place on the team. He was excellecnt with lacken last year and is a much better footballer than Mark Leddy. He is eligble again next year along with barry reilly, turloch mooney, jack brady, fergal flanagan,mickey brady,packie leddy, alan o meara. How come Maloney derham wasnt involved this year? he was very good with the u21s last year..

o meara said in the program that by the time niall was strapped up training was nearly over,so it would seem he is struggling with injuries.

i was fairly sure mickey brady and o meara were over age next year?but i think mickey might have been on that good mullahoran team of 09.i cant remember who was in goals for the county minors in 09 but i didnt think it was o meara.you can add in paddy king,kevin and shane tierney and a couple of others.
i had kind of forgotten about Maloney derham,a very good all round player,surprised he wasnt in the 24 man panel.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Denn Forever

Last night was a lovely evening for a game.  So I dandered along.  Everything you would want a picture postcard GAA match to be.  Sunny weather, shirtsleeves, children playing not caring about the game.  The game was exciting too.  A Carlsberg moment really.

Ballinagh /Cornafean   0-13   1-10   Denn    Stradone   Division 2 League Final

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Ollie

Quote from: Dougal on May 03, 2011, 01:56:12 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on May 02, 2011, 08:41:02 PM
Niall Mc kiernan missed a few trainings at the start of the season around the hastings cup, and never really got much of a look in since. He can be lazy at times towards training and that probaly cost him a place on the team. He was excellecnt with lacken last year and is a much better footballer than Mark Leddy. He is eligble again next year along with barry reilly, turloch mooney, jack brady, fergal flanagan,mickey brady,packie leddy, alan o meara. How come Maloney derham wasnt involved this year? he was very good with the u21s last year..

o meara said in the program that by the time niall was strapped up training was nearly over,so it would seem he is struggling with injuries.

i was fairly sure mickey brady and o meara were over age next year?but i think mickey might have been on that good mullahoran team of 09.i cant remember who was in goals for the county minors in 09 but i didnt think it was o meara.you can add in paddy king,kevin and shane tierney and a couple of others.
i had kind of forgotten about Maloney derham,a very good all round player,surprised he wasnt in the 24 man panel.

Maloney Derham left the panel early on in the year due to an increase in college work. I don't think O'Mara is underage next year. their profiles are here. http://cavangaa.ie/Meet-the-U-21-s.html

Swadman

Owen Roe McGovern the last surviving member of the 1947 All Ireland team passed away peacefully in New York, Monday 2/5/2011

Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam dílis

See  www.swanlinbar-gfc.com   or Hogan stand

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Swadman on May 03, 2011, 07:15:10 PM
Owen Roe McGovern the last surviving member of the 1947 All Ireland team passed away peacefully in New York, Monday 2/5/2011

Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam dílis

See  www.swanlinbar-gfc.com   or Hogan stand

Another sad passing and another link lost with a golden age. RIP.

cavan4sam

Does anyone have the full list of fixtures for this weekend?

PhilsJemmysField

http://cavangaa.ie/Fixtures-&-Results.html

Also the Arva website as well is good for fixtures

Sad to see Owen Roe pass away 

cavan4sam

Cheers for that, didn't realise we actually had a website that was regularly updated now!! The old 1 was some pice of crap!

Westside

Went to Bawn this evening for the Templeport Mountnugent game. Cracker of a match would you believe! You sometimes forget just how good Givney is, I know it's junior football but by God the lad has some pair of hands on him, caught everything that came his way including more than a few that he had no right to be winning. And not a bad boot either, won the game for Mountnugent. When you compare his impact at Junior to our previous midfielder from the Bridge at the same level, well...

McManus scored an absolute cracker of a goal at the end for TP, he was fouled running through in the last few minutes, got up quickly and just rifled it from 20 odd yards into the top corner, fantastic shot. An unorthodox looking player but extremely effective.

Denn Forever

Minor League Division 2
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Ballinagh /Cornafean 1-10 0-16 Denn  Lavey Division 2 League Final Replay 

A good win but the wind spoilled it as we won because we used the wind better and took our scores.

Well done to both sides for making it an exciting contest.
means what he says...

Breffni_Yank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfZF7xzoyuM

Came across this on youtube if anyone wants to watch and weep!

Westside

boojangles

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 07, 2011, 07:07:30 PM
Minor League Division 2
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Ballinagh /Cornafean 1-10 0-16 Denn  Lavey Division 2 League Final Replay 

A good win but the wind spoilled it as we won because we used the wind better and took our scores.

Well done to both sides for making it an exciting contest.

Well done to Denn. I seen both teams this year and TBH I expected Ballinagh/Cornafean to win it. I heard that Dean Hyland made a big difference.

Denn Forever

It was a good performance by all the forwards and midfield.  Young McGivney played well and Ben Conaty was brilliant in the drawn game and looked very comfortable on the ball on Saturday.

means what he says...