Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand.

There should be a big crowd for the other game as well.

The Division 1 Allianz Hurling League Final between Dublin and Kilkenny will take place in Croke Park on Sunday May 1st at 4pm. It will be preceded by the Cadbury All Ireland U21 Football Final between Cavan and Galway which will get underway at 2pm.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 18, 2011, 06:11:26 PM
From Hoganstand.

There should be a big crowd for the other game as well.

The Division 1 Allianz Hurling League Final between Dublin and Kilkenny will take place in Croke Park on Sunday May 1st at 4pm. It will be preceded by the Cadbury All Ireland U21 Football Final between Cavan and Galway which will get underway at 2pm.

FFS Mrs Slasher is after going out and buying a trailor load of biscuits and now ye hoors aren't even coming!

Babe Ruth 47

Highlights of the Wexford game just after being on TG4! Came across it half way though completely by chance. Dunno why they couldn't have shown them the other evening along with the other highlights.

trim blue

>:(Shit missed that too, think that TG4 GAA programme is repeated on Sat mornings though
ah sure tog out anyway

trim blue

Quote from: Westside on Today at 10:37:50 PM
http://youtu.be/Kj0BNu8SAx0

Enjoy lads!

Fair play to ya.

Deadly, here is TG4 link which has good highlights of Tyrone game as well, some great scores in the Wexford match..
http://live.tg4.ie/main.aspx?content=571973079041
ah sure tog out anyway

Swadman

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 19, 2011, 12:35:17 PM
I heard its all ticket for the final in Croke Park
Yep, with the Dubs in the hurling afterwards I'm not taking the chance of getting a ticket at the gate so our club secretary is taking names (& €25) Must have list in before noon on Sunday 24th

mylestheslasher

Re-opening of Packie Devlin Pitch Killeshandra

On Saturday next the 30th of April years of hard work will come to fruition with the grand re-opening of the Killeshandra Club Grounds. To mark this momentous occasion a family friendly day full of spraoi agus craic has been organised for your enjoyment!

Clár an Lá:

3p.m.Curtain raiser Killeshandra Leaguers take on Ballyconnell First Ulsters

5p.m.The field will be officially opened by Mícheál Ó Muircheartaigh

6p.m. The Down senior football team, last year's All Ireland finalists will play Cavan

Throughout the day there will also be music and dancing provided by the Scór participants from our club and Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann. The teams will parade behind the Mountain Road pipe band and the clubs juveniles will show off their skills at half time during the games. Refreshments will be available on the day.

The club has compiled a book to mark the occasion which will be on sale throughout the day.

We look forward to a wonderful day of sport, music and dancing which is not to be missed!

Denn Forever

Who did Killinkere, Crosserlough or Packie Smith p*ss off?

Killinkere  Crosserlough  Mullahoran 01/05/2011 15:30 Packie Smith
means what he says...

beer baron

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 25, 2011, 10:42:10 AM
Who did Killinkere, Crosserlough or Packie Smith p*ss off?

Killinkere  Crosserlough  Mullahoran 01/05/2011 15:30 Packie Smith

Surely it can't go ahead?Well actually it is the Cavan board so............. ::)

anglocelt39

Not a bad few weeks so. As well as the Under 21's was quite happy we kept our place in what was always going to be a tough enough Division 3. In fact a win against Limerick would have had us up to Division 2 I think. You'd like to think the Under 21's will give a bit of a bounce to the senior panel and we can go into the first round with a bit of hope. Would be nice to see a few games won through the qualifiers at least.

Next year I'd like to think we would see about a dozen lads from last years and this years under 21 panels involved and see a few messers pensioned off once and for all. Good to see Terry Hyland having continued success and you'd hope his involvement in the senior panel is cemented for a few years at any rate. Make a change from all the chopping, changing, outside managers etc. etc.

Specific issue I'd be interested in getting the opinion of a few of the lads that are playing ball at the minute. We have any number of lads in their mid-20's (Lyng, Gaynor, Pierson, McKeever, Hannon) who burst on the inter county scene aged 19 or so. Whether through injury, poor management or other matters they haven't all realised their potential, maybe they were thrown in too soon for their own good. If some of those lads could be got to buy into the sort of team/work ethic that the under 21's seem to have they could be a great addition to have around the senior panel over the next two to three years. The question is whether it's gone a bit too late for some of the lads to re-invent themselves. Any opinions?

I still think of some of the championship performances Lyng, Gaynor and Mckeever turned in under Eamon Coleman and feeling that there were all star nominations on the way, at least, if some of them kept to that level.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Denn Forever

Thankfully sense has prevailed.

ACFL Division 2
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Killinkere  Crosserlough  Mullahoran 30/04/2011 19:00 Packie Smith   
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: anglocelt39 on April 26, 2011, 12:16:07 PM
Not a bad few weeks so. As well as the Under 21's was quite happy we kept our place in what was always going to be a tough enough Division 3. In fact a win against Limerick would have had us up to Division 2 I think. You'd like to think the Under 21's will give a bit of a bounce to the senior panel and we can go into the first round with a bit of hope. Would be nice to see a few games won through the qualifiers at least.

Next year I'd like to think we would see about a dozen lads from last years and this years under 21 panels involved and see a few messers pensioned off once and for all. Good to see Terry Hyland having continued success and you'd hope his involvement in the senior panel is cemented for a few years at any rate. Make a change from all the chopping, changing, outside managers etc. etc.

Specific issue I'd be interested in getting the opinion of a few of the lads that are playing ball at the minute. We have any number of lads in their mid-20's (Lyng, Gaynor, Pierson, McKeever, Hannon) who burst on the inter county scene aged 19 or so. Whether through injury, poor management or other matters they haven't all realised their potential, maybe they were thrown in too soon for their own good. If some of those lads could be got to buy into the sort of team/work ethic that the under 21's seem to have they could be a great addition to have around the senior panel over the next two to three years. The question is whether it's gone a bit too late for some of the lads to re-invent themselves. Any opinions?

I still think of some of the championship performances Lyng, Gaynor and Mckeever turned in under Eamon Coleman and feeling that there were all star nominations on the way, at least, if some of them kept to that level.

Good question. The last thing we want to happen is a bunch of this U-21 panel thrown in at Senior level without sufficient support around them from more Senior players. As mentioned earlier, the 1996 crew were probably left a little stranded after 1997 or 98.
These boys will have to be given time to adjust. I have no doubt we have some Senior players who can help bring them through. Its not that hard to buy into an overall team/ work ethic if the Management have it drilled into every single player. If 13 or 14 lads are working their socks off with or without the ball, it is very easy to spot a lad who is standing up.
2005 seems only like yesterday to me but probably an eternity to others. That year we were a block of a ball away from being U-21 Ulster Champions. Ambrose Rodgers and Down went on to be beaten by Galway in the AI final that year and Down with some of that team intact have gone on to bigger and better things at Senior level.
That U-21 Cavan team included Dermot Sheridan, Padraig Reilly, Mark Mc Keever, Sean Johnston, Mickey Lyng, Anthony Gaynor. All lads who are still involved with our Seniors. Work and Tackle were buzzwords with that U-21 team under Coleman and McElkannon and I don't see any reason why they can't become buzzwords again.