Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Colm Smith from Kingscourt was it?

Denn Forever

And now for Galway.  Where is the final?

Well done Lads.  It was looking dodgy for a while but as they say, Goals win games.

Big smile on my face!

Copperface Jacks won't know what hit it.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Westside

Tg4 show the whole Galway Cork game and not even the highlights of our Semi??? Joke.

tierworker blue

Yessss! There'll be no cows milked in Dublin 2 tonight!

trim blue

Brilliant result tonight, great to see a Cavan team with self belief and a winning habit...
ah sure tog out anyway

club_man

Anyone know if there are any highlights of last nights game available? Can't seem to find any on the net.

BallyhaiseMan

It wasnt pretty last night, Wexford got through for 3/4 good goal chances, O Mara made some terrific saves as did Fergal Flanagan with his brilliant double save on the line.
Packie Leddy must be the fittest footballer in Cavan,the amount of work he got through last night was amazing.
Kevin Meehan was absolutely terrific for me,Damien Barkey and Darragh Tighe were very good, as were Niall Murray and Niall McDermott and the brilliant Jack Brady.
Gearoid was obviously struggling from Wednesday nights exertions,and was shifted in to Centre Half and Full Forward for periods to recuperate.
The guts,determination and workrate shown last night was a joy to watch.

mylestheslasher

Well done to Paul Brady who won a record 8th ai title in a row today. Great weekend for Cavan gaa!

Denn Forever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 17, 2011, 10:52:41 PM
Well done to Paul Brady who won a record 8th ai title in a row today. Great weekend for Cavan gaa!

So the story that he had a broken finger that was in the Celt was just mind games?  Serve me right for believing the Celt.

Well done Paul.  Any thing to Michael Brady on the U21s?
means what he says...

Breffni_Yank

Well done to all involved with Cavan. Its funny how much things can change in a week. The seniors finished their league strong and the 21's got some much needed silverware.

I was at the Ulster final and the lads deserve huge praise for the work, effort and spirit they showed. Its all we ever wanted to see from people in the Cavan jersey and the whole lift these boys have given to the county is fantastic. McKiernan's performance was amazing and just epitomized the team.

I couldn't make it on Saturday but it can't have been easy for them to have to play again so quick. Anyway they got the win I suppose  and we all have an All-Ireland final to look forward too. God, I never thought i would be saying that again.

Three of the boy's talk after the game here. Young Meehan doesn't get too excited anyway from the looks of things ;D If I won an Alll-Ireland semi-final I'd be a hyper lunatic!

http://www.youtube.com/user/GAACavan#p/u/0/6dwD3A3iOHw

PhilsJemmysField

Latest word on fixtures

Any club with county under 21 players will have their fixture postponed unless they agree to play the fixture without their county under 21 panelist.

If your club agrees to play please let me know by the tomorrow evening at 8pm before the CCC.

The re fixture for these games will be on Wednesday 25th May 2011.

Denn Forever

So, all around to Myles' gaff for a cup of tea and ham sandwiches before the final.
means what he says...

tommysmith

I cant see any confirmation off where the final is to be played.

PhilsJemmysField

Under 21 final v Galway will take place in Croke Park on Sunday 1st May at 2 p.m.