Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Just landed back in the west - very proud of them lads today. A new generation of Cavan men are born that won't lie down to any team. More thoughts after I get some sleep!

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 13, 2011, 11:29:46 PM
Dublin  at 1.30am wont ever again look as good as it will tonight.  8)

Coppers??

;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

beer baron

Heard on the way out of the ground the games been changed from this weekend to next?It was from an old man i'd never spoken to before so not paying much heed,anyone hear anything?

rodney trotter

Brillant win for the u21s.. Some top class games from g mckiernan, kevin meehan, jack brady, fergal flanagan, nial murray. Wexford on saturday at 7 in parnell park. I'm confident we can make the final after tonights performance

Dougal

well done to everyone involved,great display from all tonight.im at a loss for words.think there was word of it being changed but its fixed fro this sat now.think i was standing beside you on the pitch,baron,but not sure.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Mr. Pain

Well that was delightful! Well done to all involved! "I like to move it move it....."
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

beer baron

Quote from: Dougal on April 14, 2011, 12:17:18 AM
well done to everyone involved,great display from all tonight.im at a loss for words.think there was word of it being changed but its fixed fro this sat now.think i was standing beside you on the pitch,baron,but not sure.

Couldn't tell ya dougal!Too busy roaring like an eejit  ;D,lost my lift home for an hour or so!

tierworker blue

Brilliant stuff tonight...fair play to every single man in the breffni blue! It was great to finally get the Tyrone monkey off our backs, and psychologically, getting a win over them (at any level!) is a massive hurdle crossed! The work rate in Brewster was fantastic and some excellent football was played. Decent Cavan support also...we were very much in the majority of the 5000 and something crowd. Lets all be seen and heard in Parnell Park on Saturday evening...onwards and upwards!

Celt_Man

Quote from: beer baron on April 14, 2011, 12:57:57 AM

Couldn't tell ya dougal!Too busy roaring like an eejit  ;D,lost my lift home for an hour or so!

Ya f**ker ya - you should have been at training...  >:( >:( >:(
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss we can!!

tommysmith

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 14, 2011, 01:04:42 AM
Quote from: beer baron on April 14, 2011, 12:57:57 AM

Ya f**ker ya - you should have been at training...  >:( >:( >:(

Great night for Cavan football and credit to all involved.

I do hope that you are joking at barron about training though as to have club training on a night the county is in an Ulster final would be a disgrace.

PhilsJemmysField

A CHARA,

The Under 21 All –Ireland Football semi final  Cavan /Tyrone v Wexford has been fixed for  Parnell Park Dublin on Saturday next at 7 p.m.
We have tried to get this changed but to no avail.

Mise le meas,
Liam Mac Cába,
Runaí,
Coiste Breffni Uí Raghallaigh

boojangles

Super team display last night. The workrate was immense. We didnt play to our full potential and still won so that is a good sign.
We can all be quick to blame the management in defeat( as was done last year) but IMO serious credit has to go to the line for getting all the calls right last night.
Dara Tighe was having an off day and was replaced. Niall Smith was having an off day and was replaced. Turloc Mooney steadied things up and looked composed in possession. Paddy King kicked 2 monster scores to seal it. Feargal Flanagan also did an excellent man marking job on Coney.
Wexford on Saturday will be tough considering the circumstances but if the lads can replicate the work rate from last night then we are in with a great shout.
Cabhan Abu.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on April 14, 2011, 12:20:08 PM
Super team display last night. The workrate was immense. We didnt play to our full potential and still won so that is a good sign.
We can all be quick to blame the management in defeat( as was done last year) but IMO serious credit has to go to the line for getting all the calls right last night.
Dara Tighe was having an off day and was replaced. Niall Smith was having an off day and was replaced. Turloc Mooney steadied things up and looked composed in possession. Paddy King kicked 2 monster scores to seal it. Feargal Flanagan also did an excellent man marking job on Coney.
Wexford on Saturday will be tough considering the circumstances but if the lads can replicate the work rate from last night then we are in with a great shout.
Cabhan Abu.

100% right. The changes made were spot on. What also impressed me is that the MOM on the previous two rounds didn't have their best games in Barry Reilly and Niall McDermott but other lads really stepped up. Barkley was a real pain for Tyrone, McKiernan was massive at midfield, Minagh had a great game at FB and Flanagan did an excellent job on keeping Coney quiet. Paddy King was tremendous when he came on and considering he got no game time in the previous rounds he can be delighted with his 2 points and also winning some vital possession at critical times. Mooney did real well too when he went to ctr back. We didn't do everything right but the attitude was 100% and the effort was 100%. No man lay down or hid on the field. If we could get that attitude through all the age groups right up the senior then I think no one would complain in defeat.

McKiernan is some boy. Did ye see him pulling the shorts of the Tyrone player during the match and then his "f**king Hyland" line in the speech!

Westside

I agree that Hyland and the management deserve credit for making the changes required, something they do with the Senior team also and it's refreshing, but someone said Niall Smith had a poor game, I'd have to disagree I thought he added a lot of composure on the ball, did the smart thing all the time and hurt Tyrone with his runs. In fact when he came off everyone around me was shocked saying that it was a huge mistake. I did think McDermott should perhaps have been off earlier as it wasn't his night but who cares as long as we won it...

I saw Gearoid pulling down yourman's shorts, funny allright, and a small payback for the Number 9 who had just kicked him in the stomach as he lay on the ground a minute before..
I think the Ref told Gearoid before he threw in the ball at the second half that Tighe was on his last chance, Gearoid ran down and whispered something to Tighe who dropped his head looking disappointed and then he ran over and told the managers something.

I just hope the lads can recover. Even apart from the physical aspect the Wexford lads have had time to let the win settle mentally and get hungry for the Semi Final, our lads don't have that luxury.