Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Thanks for the review Myles.  Northern Sound doesn't really tell it how it is. 

Come on Cavan!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 10, 2011, 09:13:22 PM
Thanks for the review Myles.  Northern Sound doesn't really tell it how it is. 

Come on Cavan!

They are the biggest recruiter for the match, sure you'd have to be totally stuck to sit at home and listen to that imbecile Tynan (i know it has happened to me a lot this year), he doesn't describe the game for the listener at all just waffles on for 5 minutes about irrelevant stuff.

Westside

Great win today, good performances all round but Johnston, Damien Reilly, Givney for his time on the field for the 2nd half all stood out.

I was just looking at the U-21 Championship facebook page, lots of comments from Wexford fans saying things like "Bring on Tyrone".. We're being looked past completely. Lets hope Tyrone are as complacent.. I have a sneaky feeling they'll do the business.

BallyhaiseMan

Good win yesterday,i wouldnt worry too much about the comeback in the last 10 minutes, as
We lost both starting midfielders and our next midfield option(Podge).
Eugene Keating kicked two outrageous points,Givney kicked a great one,as did Flanagan,Fannin and Nesty's outside of the left from 45 was a thing of beauty.
Ciaran McDonald is a good defender,but he just couldnt handle Jelly yesterday.
It was a great performance from the captain,0-9/0-10 points.
John McCutcheon must have brought some sort of injury problem into the game because he wasnt moving well to be begin with.
Damien O Reily had a very good game,and id have to disagree with Myles,i thought Dane O Dowd done a very good job overall on Barry Grogan,and that James McEnroe competed well for what was his first IC appearance.
Theres going to be some competition for places,when you add in the under 21's

Niall Murray
Gearoid McKiernan
Niall McDermott
Oisin Minagh
Barry Reily???

alongside the subs who came on
Dermot Sheridan
Anthony Gaynor
Nesty

Adding in
Michael Brennan
Martin Cahill
Alan Clarke
Gerard Pierson
Michael Lyng

mylestheslasher

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 11, 2011, 03:19:04 PM
Good win yesterday,i wouldnt worry too much about the comeback in the last 10 minutes, as
Eugene Keating kicked two outrageous points,Givney kicked a great one,as did Flanagan,Fannin and Nesty's outside of the left from 45 was a thing of beauty.
John McCutcheon must have brought some sort of injury problem into the game because he wasnt moving well to be begin with.
Damien O Reily had a very good game,and id have to disagree with Myles,i thought Dane O Dowd done a very good job overall on Barry Grogan,and that James McEnroe competed well for what was his first IC appearance.

Niall Murray
Gearoid McKiernan
Niall McDermott
Oisin Minagh
Barry Reily???

Dermot Sheridan
Anthony Gaynor
Nesty

Adding in
Michael Brennan
Martin Cahill
Alan Clarke
Gerard Pierson
Michael Lyng

Its not that I think they were poor or anything BHM, they just don't strike me as corner backs as they tended to let their man win the ball and then do the defending. But I suppose for 2 new lads not too bad.

Whats the story with Pierson, hes playing with Gowna but not with Cavan. Has he left the panel?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 11, 2011, 03:40:08 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 11, 2011, 03:19:04 PM

Niall Murray
Gearoid McKiernan
Niall McDermott
Oisin Minagh
Barry Reily???

Dermot Sheridan
Anthony Gaynor
Nesty

Adding in
Michael Brennan
Martin Cahill
Alan Clarke
Gerard Pierson
Michael Lyng

Its not that I think they were poor or anything BHM, they just don't strike me as corner backs as they tended to let their man win the ball and then do the defending. But I suppose for 2 new lads not too bad.

Whats the story with Pierson, hes playing with Gowna but not with Cavan. Has he left the panel?

Injured as far as i know. O Dowd and McEnroe wouldnt be natural Cornerbacks,so you have a point,i am not sure if either will start come June.

tommysmith

Would you guys think things are better than they were this time last year guys?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: tommysmith on April 11, 2011, 03:46:24 PM
Would you guys think things are better than they were this time last year guys?

Yep.
The panel is far stronger overall in my opinion.

whats my name

yea we are in a far better position then last year all the u-21s to come in there will be great competition for places thats what cavan need strong squad with stiff competition for each position

tommysmith

Yeah it may not have been a good league but i think that there are lads in there now who want to be there to play football for Cavan.

BallyhaiseMan

The only place we are lacking seriously is depth at Midfield,If Gearoid McK or David G get injured,we are in a bit of trouble.
Givneys injury hurt big time last year,we certainly wouldnt have lost by anything close to the amount we did against Cork,if he had been playing.

tommysmith

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 11, 2011, 04:12:59 PM
The only place we are lacking seriously is depth at Midfield,If Gearoid McK or David G get injured,we are in a bit of trouble.
Givneys injury hurt big time last year,we certainly wouldnt have lost by anything close to the amount we did against Cork,if he had been playing.

Full back line ?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: tommysmith on April 11, 2011, 04:17:29 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 11, 2011, 04:12:59 PM

Full back line ?

i dont think so, Tommy.
Whilst our full back line hasnt been anything approaching great over the past number of years.
The problems in the most part all stemmed from Cavan losing the midfield battles,sometimes being destroyed in virtually every game.
You could have put, Marc O Se, Michael Shiels and Ryan McMenamin in there in certain games,and they would have gotten destroyed.

Givney and McKiernan are a gigantic improvement over our midfield options over the last number of years,certainly the best since McCabe and McKenna circa 2005,and in time id expect them to be much better.

I think our full back line will be alright.

PhilsJemmysField

Assume everybody ok for tomorrow night. Is McKiernan alright

boojangles

Best of luck to all involved tonight. Believe!