Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on March 20, 2011, 03:58:39 PM
Are we heading for Division Four?

Last minute goal,puts some sort of respectable look on it. 1-14 to 2-09
3 missed goal chances for Cavan according to the wexford commentary.
Wexford dominated though.
We may very well be bottom  of division 3 tonight.

club_man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on March 20, 2011, 03:58:39 PM
Are we heading for Division Four?
Its looking that way alright. Sounded like terrible stuff from us again. According to commentators Wexford should have won by 10 points only for they took the foot of the throttle. Things really are bad..

mylestheslasher

lost by 2 but it seems that score seriously flatters Cavan. According to the Wexford commentators they should have won by 10 points. Div 4 seems to be where we are going. Seems to be a huge amount of early subs being made in every game too.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 20, 2011, 04:03:18 PM
lost by 2 but it seems that score seriously flatters Cavan. According to the Wexford commentators they should have won by 10 points. Div 4 seems to be where we are going. Seems to be a huge amount of early subs being made in every game too.

Thats not a good sign with regards to the managements competency,if they have to change things around so early.They obviously havent a clue what their strongest starting team is.
I always took a positibe view with regards the talent in the panel,i believed their was talent here,but thats been proven wrong.
A cull of this panel needs to take place.
A number of players  need to be shown the door.
Might aswell bring in,last years and this years under 21's and let them learn in division 4 next year.

Westside

Cavan missed 2 good goal chances in the closing stages, got one at the death to make the scoreboard look a little better so lost by 2 in the end but were never really in the game. Flanagan was our best player from what I could gather.

Other results went against us (or were the last I heard) so Division 4 here we come barring two wins from our last 2 games. Personally I wouldn't be very upset if we got relegated.. The reality is we're a Divison 4 team.

Hopefully the U-21s can keep going and give us something to cheer for.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 20, 2011, 04:08:00 PM

Thats not a good sign with regards to the managements competency,if they have to change things around so early.They obviously havent a clue what their strongest starting team is.
I always took a positibe view with regards the talent in the panel,i believed their was talent here,but thats been proven wrong.
Might aswell bring in,last years and this years under 21's and let them learn in division 4 next year.

I have heard plenty argue that our u21's should be learning their trade right now in Division Three. Should some of the 21's be playing? Donegal had two or three out last night, so did Monaghan. It's a hard argument and I don't think there is a right answer to it.

I still don't think talent is the fundamental problem with this bunch. For me it's mental attitude.

The only place I can get any inspiration from is Roscommon right now. Post Tommy Carr, they have shown what you can do if you get one decent bunch to come through together and stick together.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 20, 2011, 04:08:00 PM

I think the last few years have shown the rot goes deeper than management no?

Dougal

were heading for division 4 by the looks of things,which i think is better than just about staying in div3,at least in division 4 we should be fit to bring in some young players and show them how to win a few games.we've managed 1 away win in 2 seasons,thats terrible.cant see myself traveling to support the seniors for the rest of the season.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Dougal

tipp and limerick both win so we are now bottom of div3.tipp and louth left to play at home?

put-it-up-again

Quote from: Dougal on March 20, 2011, 04:19:20 PM
were heading for division 4 by the looks of things,which i think is better than just about staying in div3,at least in division 4 we should be fit to bring in some young players and show them how to win a few games.we've managed 1 away win in 2 seasons,thats terrible.cant see myself traveling to support the seniors for the rest of the season.

So you only go when things are going well? That's the spirit  ;D

Had a quick look at the league table and I think it currently stands like this. Be warned - Not pretty reading.

Tipp and Louth the play at home.

1   WEXFORD      5   8
2   LOUTH      5   6
3   OFFALY      5   6
4   WESTMEATH   5   5
5   LIMERICK           5   5           
6   WATERFORD   5   4
7   TIPPERARY      5   4
8   CAVAN      5   3

BallyhaiseMan

Definetely BY
This goes way deeper than Management.
There are certain players in this panel,whom may have performed for us in the past but at the moment just cant cut it.
That team that lined out today is not up to it.

James Reilly,
Alan Clarke,(Not a corner back and never will be)
Dermot Sheridan(Not an IC Full back)
Dane O'Dowd(Not county standard)
Mark McKeever,(hasnt played well for the county for years)
John McCutcheon,
Damien O'Reilly(Not county standard)
Ray Cullivan,(Not tall enough for IC midfield But worth his place in the team as a forward)
Podge Reilly(height disadvantage means hes probably better suited to a place at wing or centre back.
Ronan Flangan(hasnt played really well for the county in a long time)
Gareth Smith,
Cian Mackey,(form is far too inconsistent at IC level)
B Fitzpatrick,
M Brennan,
S Johnston.

No size or physique whatsoever,Wexford must have been salivating watching our team of midgets take the field.
Not one man over 6'1 outside Miller.

cogito

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 20, 2011, 04:30:44 PM
Definetely BY
There are certain players in this panel,whom may have performed for us in the past but at the moment just cant cut it.

James Reilly,
Dermot Sheridan
John McCutcheon,
Ray Cullivan,(Not tall enough for IC midfield But worth his place in the team as a forward)
Podge Reilly
Gareth Smith,
B Fitzpatrick,
M Brennan,
S Johnston.

No size or physique whatsoever,Wexford must have been salivating watching our team of midgets take the field.

I was at the game today and my brother, who god love him made the trip down last night hoping for a win, told me two of the Cavan backs would get playing in the u21 defence. I didn't see them play at all this year because I'm based down here most of time and he is abit of a dramatiser but is that true?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cogito on March 20, 2011, 04:41:06 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 20, 2011, 04:30:44 PM
Definetely BY

James Reilly,
Dermot Sheridan
John McCutcheon,
Podge Reilly
Gareth Smith,
B Fitzpatrick,
M Brennan,
S Johnston.

I was at the game today and my brother, who god love him made the trip down last night hoping for a win, told me two of the Cavan backs would get playing in the u21 defence. I didn't see them play at all this year because I'm based down here most of time and he is abit of a dramatiser but is that true?

The under 21 backs
M Leddy, O Moynagh, D Tighe; K Meehan, D Barkey, M Brady

Oisin Minagh
Darragh Tighe
Damien Barkey

are much better than some of those Cavan backs whom started today
Id certainly have all 3 starting in front of Dane O Dowd,McKeever and Damien Reily.
Its also a case of not playing them in their correct positions.
Alan Clarke is a wing back or centre back,NOT a corner back.

Dougal

Quote from: put-it-up-again on March 20, 2011, 04:26:48 PM
Quote from: Dougal on March 20, 2011, 04:19:20 PM

So you only go when things are going well? That's the spirit  ;D

Had a quick look at the league table and I think it currently stands like this. Be warned - Not pretty reading.

Tipp and Louth the play at home.

1   WEXFORD      5   8
2   LOUTH      5   6
3   OFFALY      5   6
4   WESTMEATH   5   5
5   LIMERICK           5   5           
6   WATERFORD   5   4
7   TIPPERARY      5   4
8   CAVAN      5   3

not really,il still go to the home games,just cant see myself going to the likes of cork again this year.things aint been going well in my short time of supporting cavan anyway  ;)

cogito - i wouldnt go as far as to say that,but there are a few backs there today that i would rate as being just about as good as some of the u21s.the full back line from the u21s would be as good as damien reilly and o dowd

tommysmith

Johnston is the only one from that full-forward line up to IC level aswell BHman.