Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Huge game on Sunday - a win and we're in the top half of the table with an eye on promotion.  A defeat and even a draw and we right down in a tight relegation battle.  Waterford will be riding high after a great win over Limerick last weekend and have came to Breffni in recent years and won too (Will we ever forget that game?)

As for the boys being let go - looks like it down to a combo of injury and loss of form, I'll let ye match the names with either of those reasons.

Hopefully we can get a win on Sunday and kick start the season....

By the by, any word on the Under 21s and Minors??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 25, 2011, 04:00:44 PM
Huge game on Sunday - a win and we're in the top half of the table with an eye on promotion.  A defeat and even a draw and we right down in a tight relegation battle.  Waterford will be riding high after a great win over Limerick last weekend and have came to Breffni in recent years and won too (Will we ever forget that game?)

As for the boys being let go - looks like it down to a combo of injury and loss of form, I'll let ye match the names with either of those reasons.

I've heard very little which can only be a good thing surely? This years u21 team were decent when Minor I remember, have many of them bar McKiernan kicked on since then?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 25, 2011, 04:13:31 PM

I've heard very little which can only be a good thing surely? This years u21 team were decent when Minor I remember, have many of them bar McKiernan kicked on since then?

Have we ever had a Minor team who wasn't decent or destined for big things....  :-\

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 25, 2011, 04:16:30 PM
Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 25, 2011, 04:13:31 PM

Have we ever had a Minor team who wasn't decent or destined for big things....  :-\

Haha very good point point. In fairness I do remember going to see this bunch in Clones and there was no 'star'. Previous years the likes of Martin Dunne, Conor Smith, Cullivan and Keating etc were hyped up to the last and never really delivered. I think McKiernan might get hyped up this year and hope he pays no attention to it. Potentially him and Givney can give us a midfield as good as anyone.

Anyone have any idea about this year's minors at all? Was the management team even finalised?

Dougal

this was one of the slightly better minor teams,probably the best since 05.lost to tyrone by a point after tyrone got a late goal (i think thats what happened).i still dont think its as strong as last years U21s but il be glad if im wrong.

as for the minors,big dermot was at our match against the gaels and he had only heard of 1 arva player and knew 1 killeshandra player.id expect more from a joint manager or whatever he is.  >:(
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

I think McCabe and Gary Donohoe(?) are over the Minors.. I'd imagine it will be the usual hard luck lost to the eventual winners story that we've had for the past few years. I just don't think the County Board put in enough effort for the Minors for them to push on and actually win a few games.. As evidenced by the farcical Management selection process..

rodney trotter

Niall lynch should of gotten the minor job.. He has great succes with virginia school and would have a better knowledge of the under players than Mc cabe i think. Is keating involed with the county squad this year, or Micheal lyng, lyng played well in the last sigerson match for Dcu. Galliagan,walsh and mulvey are all midfield players so they must be looking at givney,cullivan,mckiernan for this season. Mulvey got load if chances but wasnt good enough same as walsh. Galligan was a good tryer but wasnt a county player either

put-it-up-again

I don't even want to start about the farce of the minor job again. More importantly since they got the job, what have they been doing?

anglocelt39

Sunday, god knows what to expect, Waterford are a big physical team, awkward to play against and know right well that some of our lads are grand if you stand back and admire them, which they won't. Depends on which Waterford turn up, if it's the lot against Wexford we've got two in the bag, the crowd that showed up against Limerick and we're in doo doo. One consolation is that they have a number of injuries so I'm taking us for a much needed win, anything else and we're in trouble staying up.

Assume Dermot Sheridan is DCU tied? Apart from himself, Nesty and, maybe, Lyng I can't think of much else to come back into the panel?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Celt_Man

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 25, 2011, 07:37:27 PM
Sunday, god knows what to expect, Waterford are a big physical team, awkward to play against and know right well that some of our lads are grand if you stand back and admire them, which they won't. Depends on which Waterford turn up, if it's the lot against Wexford we've got two in the bag, the crowd that showed up against Limerick and we're in doo doo. One consolation is that they have a number of injuries so I'm taking us for a much needed win, anything else and we're in trouble staying up.

Assume Dermot Sheridan is DCU tied? Apart from himself, Nesty and, maybe, Lyng I can't think of much else to come back into the panel?

Sheridan isn't in DCU anymore, teaching in Virginia College but was injured since the start of the year.  Any word on Martin Reilly??  I know he was involved with DIT but they got dumped out last week so he should be about

rodney trotter

I wonder if any of the cavan gaels players like duffy,chesty or pauric smith will be added by the end of the league.. Smith and duffy were carrying injuries so they werent inlvolved in the mckenna cup but i think they would be great players to add onto the panel and tighten the defence. Not sure what the story is with Eamonn Reilly, think he is tied with work so cant play county. Cavan needs every good player available if they are to go anywhere, at least Pierson is back this year as he didnt play at all really for cavan in the last two years bar mckenna cup in carrs first year, When nesty returns from injurt there will be lots of options in the forwards which is a good thing..

club_man

Any word lads on who won the Cor na Nog final this morning?

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 25, 2011, 10:44:25 PM
I wonder if any of the cavan gaels players like duffy,chesty or pauric smith will be added by the end of the league.. Smith and duffy were carrying injuries so they werent inlvolved in the mckenna cup but i think they would be great players to add onto the panel and tighten the defence. Not sure what the story is with Eamonn Reilly, think he is tied with work so cant play county. Cavan needs every good player available if they are to go anywhere, at least Pierson is back this year as he didnt play at all really for cavan in the last two years bar mckenna cup in carrs first year, When nesty returns from injurt there will be lots of options in the forwards which is a good thing..

Should we really wonder about the Gaels lads anymore? All I have ever heard from them is excuse after excuse in January or so. They are not there so sod them.

Any word on when Nesty is back?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 26, 2011, 02:39:52 PM
Should we really wonder about the Gaels lads anymore? All I have ever heard from them is excuse after excuse in January or so. They are not there so sod them.

Without knowing the ins and outs of it, I'd be inclined to agree with ya

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Celt_Man on February 26, 2011, 02:41:30 PM
Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 26, 2011, 02:39:52 PM

Without knowing the ins and outs of it, I'd be inclined to agree with ya

I didn't mean to be disrespectful but ever since I start following this board the Gaels conundrum has been brought up again and again. Really what is he point anymore?

Does anyone know if Lyng is on the panel?