Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on February 23, 2011, 07:54:02 PM
When does Ulster U21 start ?

Think its 16th March or something like that.

Celt_Man

Quote from: tommysmith on February 23, 2011, 07:44:07 PM
I heard that a bit of the old furniture has been let go of the panel.

Start the gossiping... do tell
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Mr. Pain

No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Mr. Pain on February 24, 2011, 12:17:39 PM
Coming soon.......

you posted the same thing about 4 months ago ya flute.

cavan4sam

I know of 4 whos have been let go from the panel who have been on it for a while. NW, MH, LM, CG

Dougal

only one out of them four would come as a surprise to me,if true.id actually have one of them as a def starter this year.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

tommysmith

Quote from: Dougal on February 24, 2011, 09:19:57 PM
only one out of them four would come as a surprise to me,if true.id actually have one of them as a def starter this year.

I wouldnt have any of them starting on form the last few years.

Dougal

one of them kept a 2009 all-star forward scoreless from play,and did a good job on a player that played for ireland in the IR series.which is more than a lot of last years players did.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

tommysmith

Quote from: Dougal on February 24, 2011, 09:42:12 PM
one of them kept a 2009 all-star forward scoreless from play,and did a good job on a player that played for ireland in the IR series.which is more than a lot of last years players did.

Maybe we expect to much from him but i think he was  below par the last few years apart from one game that slips my mind.

Anyway any news on sundays team?

whats my name

Cavan (SF v Waterford): J Reilly; A Clarke, P Carroll, S Jordan; M McKeever, J McCutcheon, D O'Reilly; R Cullivan, P O'Reilly; R Flanagan, K Fannin, G McKiernan; C Mackey, G Pearson, S Johnston.

tommysmith

Quote from: Thastheball on February 25, 2011, 11:40:52 AM
Is that the smallest intercounty midfild pairing ever? I know you can only cut the cloth your given, but it puts us on the back foot before the games starts.

Yeah and the last time Waterford beat us alot of the problem was that they were bigger and  physically stronger.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: tommysmith on February 25, 2011, 11:48:09 AM
Is that the smallest intercounty midfild pairing ever? I know you can only cut the cloth your given, but it puts us on the back foot before the games starts.

Yeah and the last time Waterford beat us alot of the problem was that they were bigger and  physically stronger.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about that if Gearoid McKiernan is at wing-forward and Givney is on the bench. I heard them two had a major impact when they came on last weekend against Westmeath. Was out of the country so never got to see either of our two opening games.

Would it not make more sense to have McKiernan at midfield with Cullivan on the half-forward line?

tommysmith

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on February 25, 2011, 11:53:52 AM
Quote from: tommysmith on February 25, 2011, 11:48:09 AM

I wouldn't be overly concerned about that if Gearoid McKiernan is at wing-forward and Givney is on the bench. I heard them two had a major impact when they came on last weekend against Westmeath. Was out of the country so never got to see either of our two opening games.

Would it not make more sense to have McKiernan at midfield with Cullivan on the half-forward line?
I would think thats what will happen.

rodney trotter

Who is the other 2 let go from the panel after walsh and hannon? I'm surprised its taken this long for cullivan to be tried at midfield for a few games, he is a great fielder and good engine,he might not be the tallest but he has a great leap.. I think him and givney could be a good midfield duo with mckiernan playing as a third midfield player, mckiernan always get a few points from midfield and could score more as a half forward.

Breffni_Yank

Nah I think McKiernan is a natural midfielder. I would rather see him there and let Cullivan play further forward.

I presume LM is Lorcan Mulvey - can't sat that is a massive loss.
CG must be Ciaran Galligan - Same as above. How many chances have them two boys and NW got over the years at midfield?

They can't have any complaints in my opinion. Looking forward to getting to Breffni this weekend and seeing the boys play. I imagine there will be feck all at it.