Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Westmeath in Mullingar will be a tough prospect and there is a few very handy players in that side with Conor Lynam and Dennis Glennon and John Heslin who is just out of minor capable of destroying a relatively small Cavan midfield. Another big performance is required from Cullivan. I'd also worry about Murray centre forward on Kieran Gavin in his second game at this level.. But i'd have good faith in our full forward line doing damage if they get good service.

Hopefully they can push on from the Tyrone performance but we've seen enough false starts in the past to know how unpredictable Cavan can be. But a loss on Saturday night will leave us in a relagation battle.

Can anyone say why we still haven't seen Givney or Nesty? I see Givney in the Celt with Cullivan Clarke and Flanagan at what I presume is a training session??

tommysmith

Did Givney not hurt his back lifting weights?

Cromagh

Just a question - how many cavan gaels players are on the 2011 county panel

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Cromagh on February 17, 2011, 12:43:27 PM
Just a question - how many cavan gaels players are on the 2011 county panel

2 I think. Sean Johnson and Niall Murray.

anglocelt39

Quote from: tommysmith on February 16, 2011, 06:29:13 PM
Did Givney not hurt his back lifting weights?
[/quotas e]

mustn't have hurt it too bad he lined out at midfield for Sligo in the Sigerson today and was supposed to have done well. Sligo gone so expect to see him in Cavan shake up soon. Keating was doing well for Sligo as well apparently until he got gate. Leddy from the Gaels lined out also. Huge shock with DIT going out so that's McKiernan and Martin Reilly finished with the colleges comp. Poor aul Tommy used to like to moan about colleges depriving him of players no such problem for the current team, except for our few DCU cases.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

whats my name

yeah he hurt his back alright at christmas he had a slipped disc from what i hear that was his first game back from it as far as i know

Celt_Man

Draw in Mullingar... Anyone at the game?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Was listening on northern sound (god help me) but it was close throughout. Mckiernan scored the equalizer 1 min into injury time. Givney came on too.

Western Blue

As a fan of Nesty Smith I am getting a wee bit concerned as to his whereabouts . (A) Is he part of the Cavan set up this year. ( B) Is he injured and if so how soon will he be back playing. What about Michael Lyng , is he in or out . Playing last week on the 40 for D.CU. - had a good game I am told.

whats my name

western blue (A) je is a part of the cavan set up (B) he is injured he will be back in march as far as i know

Ollie

Lyng played for the Gaels at the weekend in the Ulster Senior League. Played well too.

tommysmith

Have many been to the first two games, support seem to be at a low this year.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: tommysmith on February 22, 2011, 10:42:46 AM
Have many been to the first two games, support seem to be at a low this year.

None,it doesnt help that the Ulster Club League so far has been scheduled for the same time as all our league games  ::)

tommysmith

I heard that a bit of the old furniture has been let go of the panel.

PhilsJemmysField