Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Blue

Is 'Nesty' Smith making himself available for Cavan this year.  We could do with him going to Tullamore on Sunday  . Cant see us getting out with any points . At this moment staying in Div 3 for another year might be no harm with the new players on board. When can we expect D Giveny and G McKiernan to wear the No. 8 and 9 shirts for Cavan. I see Mayo have at least 6 students in their line-up against Down on Sat evening and we have none, Why I might ask?

Westside

I'd imagine they are leaving Gearoid out because of his Club commitments and didn't Terry say U-21s would not be involved until after their Championship ended? Givney is injured as far as I know and who else does that leave that will be rejoining the panel from Colleges that aren't U-21?

With a different midfield and full back and perhaps Nesty on the 40 I'd imagine that's close enough to Cavan's strongest side?

rodney trotter

Lyng would be another,must be cup tied with dcu, barry watters is not u21 either..

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Western Blue

Note your comments Westside....but have you any news on Nesty Smith...is he training,injured or gone. M.Lyng cant be cup tied if as I said other counties are playing students this weeknd. e.g. Aidan O'Shea Mayo (D.I.T) Alan Dillion Mayo (U.C.G) and David Kelly Sligo. (Sligo I.T.)

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 04, 2011, 04:27:11 PM
Lyng would be another,must be cup tied with dcu, barry watters is not u21 either..

How can a lad be cup tied for a legue game  :D .

Dont think watters is on panel.

rodney trotter

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on February 04, 2011, 01:41:45 PM
Quote from: goldenyears on February 04, 2011, 01:38:04 PM
what sort of outfit are killeshandra lads? how did they fare in 2010??

Dirty outfit but an up and coming team in Cavan.

Did you ever tell us what your club is tommy?
Tommy forgot to add killeshandra have an extremely young team but they play in the senior league and intermediate championship.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Westside on February 04, 2011, 04:19:12 PM
I'd imagine they are leaving Gearoid out because of his Club commitments and didn't Terry say U-21s would not be involved until after their Championship ended? Givney is injured as far as I know and who else does that leave that will be rejoining the panel from Colleges that aren't U-21?

With a different midfield and full back and perhaps Nesty on the 40 I'd imagine that's close enough to Cavan's strongest side?
Hannon,McPhilips,McGuigan,Mulvey,McKeever,Sheridan,Mackey,Pearson,Brides,Cahill,Keating,Martin Reilly,Lyng,Gunner?????

Dougal

decent enough,been improving year on year for the last few.tend to be quite strong at this time of year.do yous have anyone of note other than murtagh?will he be playing?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on February 04, 2011, 07:57:02 PM
Quote from: Westside on February 04, 2011, 04:19:12 PM

Hannon,McPhilips,McGuigan,Mulvey,McKeever,Sheridan,Mackey,Pearson,Brides,Cahill,Keating,Martin Reilly,Lyng,Gunner?????

From what I was told this afternoon the ones in bold are on the bench this weekend. I dunno what to make of our chances this year at all,,I think im just gonna go with the flow and see how we get on! What time is the game Sunday?

Where is Nesty at this stage? I hope he is coming back in. I know he was injured but I hope he hasn't decided to throw it in with us..

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 04, 2011, 07:16:15 PM

Tommy forgot to add killeshandra have an extremely young team but they play in the senior league and intermediate championship.

I didnt Myles.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on February 04, 2011, 08:44:03 PM

I didnt Myles.

Can you please tell us your club tommy?

anglocelt39

Quote from: tommysmith on February 04, 2011, 08:44:03 PM

I didnt Myles.

Guessing we can rule out the Shamrocks and the Leaguers at this stage, could be more to follow. ::)
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

whats my name

nesty is available was training earlier in the year but got injured wont be back for a few weeks as far as i know