Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up-again

Quote from: club_man on January 15, 2011, 10:52:32 PM
Sorry forgot, Stephen Jordan from Lavey.

Anton was poor and as you say has had a number of chances at this level, I don't think he is up to the required level.

The goalie was Davy Ward (never heard of him myself) and was poor. Fannin picked up a lot of ball and generally I thought he did ok, very hard working.
?
Ah stephen is a decent player, what ever happened to Finbar does anyone know? Yeah i have never heard of that keeper now to be honest...Still disappointed with the lack of Gaels representation on the team. How did Patrick Carroll do clubman? I think he is the only man to come through from last years u21's.

club_man

Butsy (Patrick Carroll) did fairly well I have to say, scored a nice point also. He could definitely be an option at corner back or even a stint at full back (where he has played for Ballinagh for a number of years). Jelly limped off but didn't seem serious. Remarkable that there's only 2 representatives from the 2 senior finalists and Alan Clarke would not be the best of the Kingscourt crop.

Actually I take that back there are 2 from Kingscourt. Barry Reilly came on as a blood sub which I think is wrong considering he is still u-21 and a fresher at College but he was only on for about 15 minutes.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: club_man on January 15, 2011, 11:15:41 PM
Butsy (Patrick Carroll) did fairly well I have to say, scored a nice point also. He could definitely be an option at corner back or even a stint at full back (where he has played for Ballinagh for a number of years). Jelly limped off but didn't seem serious. Remarkable that there's only 2 representatives from the 2 senior finalists and Alan Clarke would not be the best of the Kingscourt crop.

Actually I take that back there are 2 from Kingscourt. Barry Reilly came on as a blood sub which I think is wrong considering he is still u-21 and a fresher at College but he was only on for about 15 minutes.

Are you sure on Barry? One on my mates said he played a full game with the u21's earlier today. Are the seniors that stuck for players at this time of year?

club_man

100% sure on Barry, even announced over the pa system. Crazy considering he had already played today.

rodney trotter

Yeah barry Reilly did come on,sure he even got a point at the end. Pierson got two great points,he looked very lively when he came on,class act when he is on form. Gumley showed well for the ball and brennan was decent in spells. Ciaran galligan was poor at midfield,good to see they tried mossy corr at midfield i think he is suits that position better. Paddy bradley destroyed eoin smith at fb, dont think smith is up to it at county level. James mcenroe came on near the end,i think he will make it onto the team by the league. what club was davy ward from,his kickouts were terrible...

Denn Forever

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 15, 2011, 11:54:15 PM
Yeah barry Reilly did come on,sure he even got a point at the end. Pierson got two great points,he looked very lively when he came on,class act when he is on form. Gumley showed well for the ball and brennan was decent in spells. Ciaran galligan was poor at midfield,good to see they tried mossy corr at midfield i think he is suits that position better. Paddy bradley destroyed eoin smith at fb, dont think smith is up to it at county level. James mcenroe came on near the end,i think he will make it onto the team by the league. what club was davy ward from,his kickouts were terrible...

Thanks to all for the reports.

At least players are being played close to their club positions.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

club_man

As far as I know Davy is from Cootehill but I had always though Clegg was their keeper. Mc Enroe will be there or there abouts but needs to keep his cool. You could see him getting involved straight away as he came on tonight. Was very disappointed with Flanagan who saw little or none of the play. Might take him a while to get back into the swing of things considering it's his first year not playing ball in college.

Pierson on form will be a serious asset

boojangles

Western Blue

Traveled over for the game which  was played in driving rain and a gale blowing down towards the town end. It was a delight watching Paddy Bradley playing..with his runs and distribution.I don't think he wasted a ball all night and he and Conleth Gilligan got some great points in the first half.James  Reilly made a great save from a point blank shot and went off shortly afterwards....got the ball hard into his manhood ..sore thing! Replacement keeper couldn't cope kicking into the wind which helped Derry's to build up the 8 pt lead. Mossy Corr made big contribution when he came on into midfield and Keith Fannin looks the part at No 10.for the rest of the season..great engine.I thought Jelly looked unfit and didn't like the conditions and wanted to be somewhere warmer.Michael Brennan is a busy player but his first touch is cat.ie fumbling and spills ( over anxious when he sees the ball coming). Paddy Gumley and Alan Clarke deserve another run out against Monaghan on Wed.night. Great to see Gerry Pierson in a blue shirt again..still has the class. but still has some way to go to get up to the pace of today's game after been out for a number of years..hope he sticks at it and stays fit for the full season because he is needed. I thought Ronan Flanagan did ok last night. Would have been nice to have got a draw out of last night's game on the bases of a good fighting 2nd half performance.

tommysmith

I was also at the game and was happy enough with the performance especially in the second half. 

beer baron

Quote from: Western Blue on January 16, 2011, 07:23:41 PM
Traveled over for the game which  was played in driving rain and a gale blowing down towards the town end. It was a delight watching Paddy Bradley playing..with his runs and distribution.I don't think he wasted a ball all night and he and Conleth Gilligan got some great points in the first half.James  Reilly made a great save from a point blank shot and went off shortly afterwards....got the ball hard into his manhood ..sore thing! Replacement keeper couldn't cope kicking into the wind which helped Derry's to build up the 8 pt lead. Mossy Corr made big contribution when he came on into midfield and Keith Fannin looks the part at No 10.for the rest of the season..great engine.I thought Jelly looked unfit and didn't like the conditions and wanted to be somewhere warmer.Michael Brennan is a busy player but his first touch is cat.ie fumbling and spills ( over anxious when he sees the ball coming). Paddy Gumley and Alan Clarke deserve another run out against Monaghan on Wed.night. Great to see Gerry Pierson in a blue shirt again..still has the class. but still has some way to go to get up to the pace of today's game after been out for a number of years..hope he sticks at it and stays fit for the full season because he is needed. I thought Ronan Flanagan did ok last night. Would have been nice to have got a draw out of last night's game on the bases of a good fighting 2nd half performance.

Agree with most of what you say except for 2 things, Flanagan- i felt for a player  of his calibre and experience he was poor last night and Mickey Brennan i think should definitely be kept in,shows well for the ball is strong and a very good place kicker!

beer baron

Just looking at odds for tomorrow night and we're 8/11 favourites against Monaghan,what's the story there?

rodney trotter

Monaghan are missing a lot of lads for tomorrow so im not surprised cavan are at them odds. Though i think johnston is out so cavan will have to rely on a few others,hopefully pierson plays like he did when he cam on against derry. Fannin can claim a place on the team for the league with another decent performance.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

PhilsJemmysField

Any word on McKenna cup game for Saturday is it going ahead