Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

johnny mc bride from derry dougal

put-it-up-again

Quote from: Dougal on January 10, 2011, 01:48:02 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 10, 2011, 12:19:27 PM
Is johnny mcbride over killeshandra this year,somebody mentioned it on hoganstand, how did they pull that off :o

i saw that on hoganstand as well,i had been told it was tom downs and junior mckiernan though,so im not sure.who is he,the name doesnt ring a bell,but you sound impressed.

I was told by one of the players it was Tom and Junior alright, so might just be HS shite. Not too much is true on that forum!

rodney trotter

ha yeah your right about that PIU

Dougal

jesus,mcbride has some history as a player.doesnt seem to have any experience as a manger though.maybe myles can shine some light on whether this is true or not?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

put-it-up-again

By the way, who is actually training the seniors this year?

Breffni_Yank

I think someone said it was your man Pat Flanagan..is that true?

Did the u21's play at the weekend? Are they any good this year? Is Gearoid McKiernan still underage does anyone know?

BigMac

I dont think Cullivan is still in DCU. Well he graduated last year anyway unless he's gonna do a Lyng on it and go back and start a new degree so he can play there for another 4 years.
Anyone got any idea of what the team would have been at the weekend? I a small bit more optimistic this year than the last few. Was talking to a panel member over the christmas and he told me that this set up is much more professional than under the Tommy Carr regime. Also glad to see that some players are back like Podge and Pierson. It is also a bit refreshing to have Terry come out and say the reasons why players aren't on the panel, and not afraid to name names and their excuses. I did really doubt Terry's ability as a manager, and still do, but have a positive attitude so far. (Taking into account its only the 10th of january and there isn't a ball kicked in anger yet.)

Dougal

from what ive been hearing it's pat flanagan that's training them alright.

ye,gearoids still underage,i would be hoping to see as much of the u21s this year as possible,so if anyone hears of challenge games or the like woulds yis let me know,thanks.

so who do we have in the mckenna cup this weekend,or is the next round a mid-week fixture?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Dougal on January 10, 2011, 03:13:24 PM
from what ive been hearing it's pat flanagan that's training them alright.

ye,gearoids still underage,i would be hoping to see as much of the u21s this year as possible,so if anyone hears of challenge games or the like woulds yis let me know,thanks.

so who do we have in the mckenna cup this weekend,or is the next round a mid-week fixture?

Jaysus I thought McKiernan was gone from this age-group. He will be some player for them this year. I'm presuming he will be the main man? If we get him and Givney back again at senior level they will become a serious force at MF.

rodney trotter

Why lyng starting the the first year of another degree fckn hell..he will be in college as long as jim mcguinness :D

BigMac

I dont think Lyng is starting another degree, but he has been college for 8 years already as far as I know. Maybe hes in his final year now of the 8, but i'm nearly sure he did 2x4 year degrees.

rodney trotter

Yeah you be right, he was in DIT for a few years doing business.. Not sure what he is studying in Dcu

Ollie

Quote from: BigMac on January 10, 2011, 05:31:46 PM
I dont think Lyng is starting another degree, but he has been college for 8 years already as far as I know. Maybe hes in his final year now of the 8, but i'm nearly sure he did 2x4 year degrees.

Lyng is in his third year of a degree course in DCU now. He was injured this time last year and didnt play with them for the majority of the Sigerson cup. Cullivan graduated last year and is no longer in college.

mylestheslasher

Johnny McBride training Killeshandra?? Jaysus they have enough disciplinary problems without letting that dirty tr**p manage them. I'll never forget what he was doing to Anthony Gaynor up in Celtic park in a qualifier a few years ago. A dirtier f**ker you'd never see. Anyway, like Dougal my undertanding was it was Tom Downes and Junior McKiernan that was managing them

Celt_Man

All my dreams have come through a Cootehill man stops a Monaghan man getting his first win with the stonethrowers....

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=140464
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010