Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Blue

Just learned about the great Phil Sheridan passing away. Can still see this big man in his best Sunday suit with a crisp white shirt patrolling up along the side lines of St Anne's Park on Sunday afternoon's offering great encouragement be it to the U.14's or the Senior side.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: put-it-up-again on January 03, 2011, 12:35:34 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 31, 2010, 01:40:49 PM
Get some sleep Drici!

Was just having a look a the indo gaa section and came across this mini interview with Tommy Carr (part of a couple of interviews with managers that left their job at the end of the year)

Tommy Carr

(Cavan)

Q What's the best thing you did all season?

A The best achievement of the season would have been beating Wicklow with two men down and seven points behind at the beginning of the second half. Other than that, it would have been biting the bullet with a few uncommitted players who were hanging on to the panel just for the sake of being there.

Q What's the one thing, with the benefit of hindsight, you'd do differently?

A Tackle the colleges issue in a more aggressive manner. We were without 14 of our panellists until mid February from a training perspective.

Q Would you have liked to stay on, and why?

A I opted not to even try and stay on.

Q Do you see yourself managing a county team again?

A Yes, but I would exercise better judgement in my selection of teams.

Obviously, not a happy man with how things went in Cavan!

I think the quicker we forget that man the better. I think we should ban his name from this thread..all he wants is publicity and media chasing after him and for some reason he is still getting it despite his appaling record.

Picked up the Celt today, nice to see Terry being straight up about why certain Gaels and Kingscourt lads didn't come in instead of the secrecy and rumour mill. I would still like to see Enda King and Wakely in particular allowed in after the McKenna Cup, even if they did miss all the winter weights. Enda could really give us something at WF i think and we all know how we are at FB. Wakely was the best there was in the county by a mile last year!
Give me the bones of it PIUA. Didn't get the Celt.

Dougal

wakely and mccormack couldnt commit due to work,barry reilly and barry tully are on the u21's
king and chesty couldnt commit because of work as well.pauric smith and gavin duffy are injured.sean reilly is suspended
nesty,dermot sheridan mackey and cahill are all injured
givney keating martin reilly and lyng are with colleges.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

tommysmith

Quote from: Dougal on January 03, 2011, 07:25:13 PM
wakely and mccormack couldnt commit due to work,barry reilly and barry tully are on the u21's
king and chesty couldnt commit because of work as well.pauric smith and gavin duffy are injured.sean reilly is suspended

Injured my arse, they must have fell over when drunk.

put-it-up-again

Quote from: tommysmith on January 03, 2011, 11:08:56 PM

Because god forbid anyone was drunk over the last few weeks!

tommysmith

Quote from: put-it-up-again on January 04, 2011, 12:19:49 AM

Well i know you would have been anyway seen that you think we want to know when you have had a few.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on January 04, 2011, 01:50:07 PM

Well i know you would have been anyway seen that you think we want to know when you have had a few.

I've read that sentence 3 times and still can't understand what you are saying.

Dougal

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 04, 2011, 03:37:25 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 04, 2011, 01:50:07 PM

I've read that sentence 3 times and still can't understand what you are saying.

glad im not the only one,no matter what combination you put them in it doesnt make sense.  :P

Lawrence of Knockbride

I think it does. Tommy thinks that PIUA wants everyone to know when he's drunk. I'm not sure why he thinks that though. Is there a stand in the 3G pitch more importantly?

Dougal

there is a stand at the 3G pitch,suppose it would hold 300 people.

tommysmith

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on January 04, 2011, 06:23:49 PM
I think it does. Tommy thinks that PIUA wants everyone to know when he's drunk. I'm not sure why he thinks that though. Is there a stand in the 3G pitch more importantly?

Good man LOF good to see someone can read anyway.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: tommysmith on January 04, 2011, 07:16:02 PM

It's not reading you should be worried about. Replace 'seen that' with 'seeing as' and then it makes sense in English.

Knockbride begins with a K.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 04, 2011, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 04, 2011, 07:16:02 PM

It's not reading you should be worried about. Replace 'seen that' with 'seeing as' and then it makes sense in English.

Knockbride begins with a K.

Thanks for the lesson old timer.

mylestheslasher

Western Blue

Haven been to  Cavan since I walked out of  Breffni Park at half-time in the Wicklow match very distraught and promising never to support my native county again!. Whiter it is the appointment of Team Andrews/Hyland ( Clough/Taylor) for 2011 I am feeling good again and so I am prepared to put on my old Kingspan jersey for another year and travel over from the West to watch the Queens match Sat night in the hope of seeing some areas of improvement and a win for moral purposes. I would imagine the team should have some degree of fitness at this time?