Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMac

Hard luck to Swad, still a very good year and can be very proud of themselves for getting to the Ulster Final.
On another note I see we are the first county to be caught having an organised training during the "closed season". Its a ridiculous rule and needs to be amended, but still very stupid/naiive of the management to be caught doing it. Im sure most counties are doing it, but to get caught is very foolish.
http://www.irishexaminer.ie/sport/gaa/cavan-break-gaas-winter-training-ban-139300.html

Lawrence of Knockbride

Separate thread set up on the main board Big Mac.

mylestheslasher

What do you think of the new Cavan Jersey? I'm not impressed myself, its moved too far away from our traditional colours imo.

put-it-up-again

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 19, 2010, 09:01:51 PM
What do you think of the new Cavan Jersey? I'm not impressed myself, its moved too far away from our traditional colours imo.

Myles to tell the truth I couldn't care less if our jerseys were pink with yellow stripes this year once the players who wear them show hunger, desire, honesty and a great work-rate while wearing it!

I see Donegal have freshened up their squad signiificantly this year. What are we expecting our McKenna Cup Panel to be like? We must be the only Ulster county not to have named it yet are we?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: put-it-up-again on December 20, 2010, 01:10:42 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 19, 2010, 09:01:51 PM

Myles to tell the truth I couldn't care less if our jerseys were pink with yellow stripes this year once the players who wear them show hunger, desire, honesty and a great work-rate while wearing it!

I see Donegal have freshened up their squad signiificantly this year. What are we expecting our McKenna Cup Panel to be like? We must be the only Ulster county not to have named it yet are we?

Heh its the silly season, there is no football to talk about so we might as well take a leaf from Paul Galvins book and talk about fashion! Anyway, I couldn't care less about the players heart and work rate as long as they bloody well look good :D

tierworker blue

Bought it yesterday...it's actually quite nice!

Denn Forever

Where can we look at it?

But as Put it up again said, I don't c are how the team looks as long as we can say/believe the players gave it their all.

Have a good peaceful and safe holiday ya'll.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tierworker blue

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 21, 2010, 03:36:50 PM
Where can we look at it?

But as Put it up again said, I don't c are how the team looks as long as we can say/believe the players gave it their all.

Have a good peaceful and safe holiday ya'll.

http://www.oneills.com/productdetails/340/cavan-2011-home-jersey.aspx

Dougal

From Hogan Stand.

New Cavan managers Val Andrews and Terry Hyland have revealed their panel for the upcoming Dr McKenna Cup.

The panel contains a large number of the 2010 squad with a number of newcomers also included.

Cavan panel for Barrett Sports Lighting Dr McKenna Cup: James Reilly, Fintan Reilly, Anton O'Reilly, Alan Clarke, Pauric Cahill, Damien O'Reilly, John McCutcheon, Sean McCormack, Ciaran Galligan, Eoin McGuigan, Ronan O'Flanagan, Mark McKeever, Michael Brennan, Sean Johnston, Thomas Corr, Dane O'Dowd, Stephen Jordan, Ray Cullivan, Lorcan Mulvey, Keith Fannin, Paddy Gumley, Padraig O'Reilly, Ronan Reilly, Gerard Pierson, Brendan Fitzpatrick, Niall O'Reilly.

is pauric cahill the lad from killygarry who was on the cavan juniors last year?damien reilly from belturbet i presume.who's sean mccormack?ronan reilly from killdallan?niall reilly from ballinagh? (by the way im not questioning these selections,im just wondering is that who im thinking of)

good to see fannin back,had a good year last year and seemed to be treated harshly by TC.was it 2 years ago paddy gumley was on the panel?who can we expect to be brought in for the league?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

mylestheslasher

rodney trotter

yeah why no duffy or eammon reily\? maybe they werent good enough in trails

rodney trotter

is nesty smith being rested? its a decent panel, interesting to see how anton reilly gets on, talented player but has a short fuse,hopefully hyland and andrews can get the best out of him,as he has loads of ability.. Good to see pierson back and paddy gumley. Gumley was on the mckenna cup panel 2 years ago but was dropped before the league when he has been playing well. Damian reilly of belturbet is a good player ,he could do a job at full back

Dougal

ye looks like it,by my counting thats only 3 representitives from the 5 teams that made up the winners of senior, inter, junior, div1, div2 and div3 this year,and another 1 from the team that won the last 3 u21 titles.

mackey isnt in college,is he?or has he been left out because he's "injured"?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

mylestheslasher

I thought gaynor was supposed to be back too.

tommysmith

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 22, 2010, 02:32:08 PM
is nesty smith being rested? its a decent panel, interesting to see how anton reilly gets on, talented player but has a short fuse,hopefully hyland and andrews can get the best out of him,as he has loads of ability.. Good to see pierson back and paddy gumley. Gumley was on the mckenna cup panel 2 years ago but was dropped before the league when he has been playing well. Damian reilly of belturbet is a good player ,he could do a job at full back

Had you your head in the sand that year, he collasped at training and is doing well to be back playing football.

Gaynor was part of the 100 or so players that was looked at but must not of made it.  Sean Mccormick is from Ballyhasie.

Its early yet but if that is the best players we have in the county we are in trouble.