Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up-again

Haha, I see our county management team have come up with a cunning way to get a look at a few lads! Clever idea if you ask me!

A county selector managing the team and being helped by the one the actual managers!

The Cavan panel will be contacted in the coming days. A planned get-together was canceleld this week due to the adverse weather conditions but the group will train on a number of occasions between now and the match.
"We hope to trawl through the players who have been nominated and any other players and choose a panel in the next few days," said Stephen.

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/gaelicfootball/articles/2010/12/01/4001936-neighbours-to-clash-in-intriguing-charity-tie/

tommysmith

If this weather keeps up that wont be much fun.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: put-it-up-again on December 02, 2010, 05:27:50 PM
Have we finally found a manager with a bit of sense?

Cavan manager Terry Hyland won't be rushing any young players from the minor grade straight into senior football, he revealed this week.
A number of high profile Cavan underage footballers have been thrown in at the deep end at senior level immediately on graduating from minor ranks over the past decade, but Hyland promised to buck that trend, insisting that players of that age "are not physically developed enough for the modern type of game".
"Fellas will stay with the Under 21s. We may look at players in their final year of that grade [for the senior team]," Hyland told The Anglo-Celt.
The Lacken clubman also stated that he would rather see a return to the old league format of playing three matches before Christmas and four matches after.
Asked about the merits of the ban on collective training, which has drawn considerable criticism recently, Hyland stated that, while the idea behind the banning – protecting young players from burn-out – was a good one, it should possibly be implemented in a more even-handed way.
"I would think that it's more dangerous to have guys playing in the McKenna Cup when they haven't been training together for it, I'm not medically qualified to say that but I would think that there is more chance of a player getting injured in that situation," Hyland said.
"The old league system wasn't bad, fellas were playing football and they had longer to get ready. They also had the chance to go back to their clubs when the National League ended for a few weeks."

It seems like a good idea alright therefore I am surprised King had anything to do with it ;)

Swadman

Ulster Final OFF AGAIN. Re-fixed (again) for Sunday 12th, same time, same place.  Amazing displays of willpower shown to stay off the jar till then and I'm just talking about me.!!! 

Swadman

put-it-up-again

Jesus Swadman that is nothing to do with me!!

Humorous all the same  ;D

Swadman

I was joking - The catch phrase reminded me of you.
Looks like we are a go for Clones on Sunday, subject to a pitch inspection on Friday morning.

PhilsJemmysField

We in Killinkere look forward to having Sandwiches and a Lucozade with St Mary's as Ulster and All Ireland Champions, next year.

Westside

So it looks like Swad will get their game on Sunday. They'll be delighted, I think they would be seriously disadvantaged to have is postponed for a few months especially given the form they are in. All of Cavan is backing ye lads, best of luck

Celt_Man

Just saw this on Facebook...

Following issues with frozen water systems at St Tiernachs Park Clones, both the Senior and Junior Finals have been moved to Kingspan Breffni Park at the times of 12.15pm and 2.00pm on Sunday

and Facebook hasn't let me down yet!!  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

saw someone saying that on facebook,and thought they might have gotten it mixed up.i might just have to book monday off work.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

No the game has been moved to Breffni! I'd say Corduff must be having a fit though with the Ulster council handing Swad home advantage. Familiar surroundings, hopefully a good support from all over the county.. You'd have to say they're in with a great shout.

CavanCola

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

CavanCola

Quote from: Celt_Man on December 12, 2010, 07:17:14 PM
Quote from: CavanCola on December 12, 2010, 06:43:57 PM
Did swad win?

That's a pity. Any success at any level would be good for cavan football...

Think they beaten by 4??

That's a pity... Any Cavan success at any level will do me at this stage! Thought they were capable of doing it since I saw them in the junior final.