Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 12, 2010, 09:35:51 PM
surely belturbet would have been good enough to go their own for the u21s.. I think its basically the same team as last year bar 3 i think enda henry damian reilly and peter shannon.. they have quality players like bud fitz,teevan,klushe,niall reilly,connor vaughan,daryl dolan  so dont see why they joined with two other clubs.. they are playin corglass gaels next in the championshp and that shoudl be a interesting game,thats lacken-crosserlough..

I'd imagine that's because they have fielded a team on their own for the past few years and had no results, they probably got sick of losing out to amalgamated teams..

Dougal

Quote from: Westside on October 12, 2010, 11:47:19 PM
surely belturbet would have been good enough to go their own for the u21s.. I think its basically the same team as last year bar 3 i think enda henry damian reilly and peter shannon.. they have quality players like bud fitz,teevan,klushe,niall reilly,connor vaughan,daryl dolan  so dont see why they joined with two other clubs.. they are playin corglass gaels next in the championshp and that shoudl be a interesting game,thats lacken-crosserlough..

I'd imagine that's because they have fielded a team on their own for the past few years and had no results, they probably got sick of losing out to amalgamated teams..

if you cant beat them join them.

morris was asked if he was interested in the minors,and he's not,he looks to be managing a new club next year,although not confirmed 100%.tony brady is the only name ive heard linked to the minor job so far.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

rodney trotter

westside belturbet beat erne gaels last year in the simiis which was redhills bridge so they did beat a amalgamated team..and they could have beaten ramor in the final aswell if they took there chances

Westside

I wasn't saying they have been unable to beat amalgamated teams but as said above they have lost out in a final (Minor league and championships and 1 or possibly 2 U21 Championship) to amalgamated teams. A fair feat to reach those finals on their own. But after those losses in the final perhaps they felt they were fighting a losing battle taking on U21 on their own. I know a few of the Belturbet lads and I'd like to see them getting their hands on a some silverware..

cavanforever

dougal what game were you at if you say peter morris was good and flanagan wasnt?? i was at it aswell and flanagan won the majority of the balls that were played to morris. the only thing morris seemed to be good at was moaning at the ref

Dougal

i thought he had a good enough game,was scoring points when nobody else was doing much.flanagan wasnt bad,just wasnt as good as i was expecting him to be.who was the FF?

whats my name

think paul lukie was the full forward for castlerahan/mountnugent he was on the county minors this year had a good game great work rate. i thought flanagan had a solid game to be honest interesting to see how he will do against the gaels full forward line

UGAAWA

Ulster Gaels' big night out!

Tickets are now on sale for the 23rd Ulster GAA Writers' Association Banquet which will be held this year in the Slieve Russell Hotel, Co Cavan.

The Quinn Insurance Ulster GAA Writers Banquet is the only awards ceremony that honours players from all codes as well as grass-roots Gaels.

There is plenty to celebrate this year with Down's run to the All-Ireland SFC final, Tyrone lifting the minor title, Antrim's hurlers regaining their place amongst the sport's big guns, Armagh's rise up the hurling ranks, St Galls' march to All Ireland glory, the ladies of Tyrone and Donegal on the All Ireland stage, Paul Brady continuing to set the world handball benchmark and the Saffron camógs' All Ireland among the Ulster success stories.

As usual a star-studded guest list from all codes will celebrate all that is good in Gaelic games in the province in 2010. Tickets are priced £50 or €60 and are available by contacting Tony McGee at tony.mcgee@btinternet.com or visit www.ulstergaawriters.com for full details.

Accommodation in the Slieve Russell Hotel can be booked here: www.slieverussell.ie. Click here for a list of alternative accommodation in the area:  http://www.irishtourist.com/directory/accommodation/north/cavan/

rodney trotter

Has there been any more trials with the county panel,and what players are they looking at?

boojangles

Quote from: Dougal on October 13, 2010, 07:56:12 AM

morris was asked if he was interested in the minors,and he's not,he looks to be managing a new club next year,although not confirmed 100%.tony brady is the only name ive heard linked to the minor job so far.

This is probably the most important job in Cavan football at d moment and if ya heard what was going on as regards the Cavan Minor job you'd be shocked. Some things never change in this county.
There are 4 names in for the job. Closing date was last week so I believe.

The Under 21s should have a good set-up though.

Dougal

Quote from: boojangles on October 14, 2010, 06:38:24 PM
Quote from: Dougal on October 13, 2010, 07:56:12 AM

This is probably the most important job in Cavan football at d moment and if ya heard what was going on as regards the Cavan Minor job you'd be shocked. Some things never change in this county.
There are 4 names in for the job. Closing date was last week so I believe.

The Under 21s should have a good set-up though.

any chance of ya firing a PM my way.

rodney,trails last nite and the wed nite before that aswel,was possibly some over the weekend aswel.also heard that their was a meeting between the new management and last years panel and only 17 showed up.that could of been during the week when people were at colege etc etc.

Lawrence of Knockbride

pm my way too boojangles if you don't mind.

mylestheslasher

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 14, 2010, 08:39:59 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on October 14, 2010, 08:28:09 PM
pm my way too boojangles if you don't mind.

Copy and paste me a pm too pls

Don;t want to be the only one left out... if anyone wants to let me know, I'd appreciate it
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

anglocelt39

Leave me out of the PM's Booj like a good man, I'm too feckin old for all this and I'm sure it's the same old story anyway, with only the names changed. Congratulations on what looked like a fairly convincing win by the way
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds