Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal

i think it was early enough in the second half,the lad on the bench wasnt too happy about a decision the ref made,Tom was coming from the pitch into the stand,and yer man starts shouting at him giving out about the ref and how its his fault because he should have it sorted out.dont think tom took much notice of it though.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Westside

I wonder will Kingscourt be bothered to make a decent attempt in Ulster? Their sights would have been fixed on the County Title I wonder if they'll just think "Job done" now. The Gaels would have higher expectations and probably had one eye on Ulster already.

Are the Gaels really that petulant that they would refuse as a team to play for the County because of what they perceive to be a poor refereeing display!? And if they are you'd have to wonder, do we really want want people with that attitude representing us? Perhaps that's being unfair as we don't know if that is true yet..

Denn Forever

Well done Kingscourt.  Though wouldn't want to get CG next year.

When/Where is the first round of Ulster and against who?

Any new potential talent for the County scene?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 26, 2010, 08:31:52 PM
Well done Kingscourt.  Though wouldn't want to get CG next year.

When/Where is the first round of Ulster and against who?

Any new potential talent for the County scene?

Think it's the Donegal Champs in Breffni...

Why won't they want to get CG next year?  Sure they could end up meeting again this year - Kingscourt are top in Div 1 and Gaels are second behind them so they could meet in another final!

Was there much of a crowd at the game today?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

sun 17th in breffni against naomh connaill or or killybegs

Blue06

Quote from: Dougal on September 26, 2010, 08:57:09 PM
sun 17th in breffni against naomh connaill or or killybegs

Doesn't have to be Breffni.  As Kingscourts ground is a designated 'county ground' they will be entitled to play it on their home patch.

anglocelt39

Delighted for the Stars, commiserations to Terry Coyle mind. If there are Gaels lads whining about not turning out for the county next year on account of a few decisions going against them today its going beyond pathetic. Not the ideal time to be threathening to withdraw your services having just lost your crown after a prolonged period of dominance.

Looking forward to an update from our other sometimes Gaels poster when he gets in from the boozer, Thatstheball aka Iwasinvolvedinthecountypanel. Wonder if he was one of the lads unsuccessfully tasked with putting some manners on Barry Reilly today, you'd need your full wits abnout you for that task, Pipe and slipppers time for a few Gaels defenders perhaps.

On a bright note, the likes of Cuchulains, Castlerahan, Mullahoran, Belturbet etc, have to look at a result like this and have hope for next year.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

put-it-up-again

Quote from: boojangles on September 26, 2010, 06:32:54 PM
We may not see any Cavan Gaels men donning the county jersey next year. I hear they are not happy.

If that is true then it is just pathetic. Yeah one or two rough decisions went against time and i did think Jimmy Galligan was completely out of his depth but that's football. They got beaten by a hungier team on the day and they should learn from it and come back a better outfit next year. CG were definitely playing withing themselves this year and I would say that defeat is the perfect reminder for them that they don't have the natural right to beat other teams in Cavan.

Wakely was immense today and should be tried with the county if he is interested despite his age. Toasty was brilliant as well and just everywhere on the park Kingscourt worked their arses off and it just shows you if you, commit to something, row in behind each other and just work that things can be achieved. County team please take note.

Work work work should be the new Cavan mantra going forward. We all know we have decent footballers. But when was the last time we saw a Cavan player go down with cramp during a game from sheer hard work? Work work work.

If Andrews and Hyland get that going for a start, I'll be a happy man.

Well done Kingscourt.

CC1

Quote from: put-it-up-again on September 27, 2010, 12:29:11 AM
Quote from: boojangles on September 26, 2010, 06:32:54 PM
We may not see any Cavan Gaels men donning the county jersey next year. I hear they are not happy.

If that is true then it is just pathetic. Yeah one or two rough decisions went against time and i did think Jimmy Galligan was completely out of his depth but that's football. They got beaten by a hungier team on the day and they should learn from it and come back a better outfit next year. CG were definitely playing withing themselves this year and I would say that defeat is the perfect reminder for them that they don't have the natural right to beat other teams in Cavan.

Wakely was immense today and should be tried with the county if he is interested despite his age. Toasty was brilliant as well and just everywhere on the park Kingscourt worked their arses off and it just shows you if you, commit to something, row in behind each other and just work that things can be achieved. County team please take note.

Work work work should be the new Cavan mantra going forward. We all know we have decent footballers. But when was the last time we saw a Cavan player go down with cramp during a game from sheer hard work? Work work work.

If Andrews and Hyland get that going for a start, I'll be a happy man.

Well done Kingscourt.
Great post PIU. Congratulations to Kingscourt is right. Great to see the Senior Championship back down this neck of the woods 15 years after your own club won it. Hopefully it will spark some competition between clubs after the Gaels dominating for so long. To think that Kingscourt were in Division 2 and nearly getting relegated to intermediate not so long ago, it goes to show what alot of teams and players can do once they are hungry for it. This county needs that example to be set and I think that Kingscourt have done that.

Congratulations to Kingscourt again, and commiserations to Cavan Gaels. Hopefully they'll respond in the right way and let their football do the talking for both club and then county. Its important to have good competition in this county.

Also congratulations to Ballyhaise and BallyhaiseMan on their victory over us in the Junior C championship the other night, best team won on the day regardless of all of the craic with the referee.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

PhilsJemmysField

On the far side of pitch to the stand and penalty was a clear pull on the jersey but very stupidly given away. Not sure if he would have gave it the other end. Kingscourt deserve a lot of credit for how they approached the game. A good lively team who worked hard and wanted it more. 

boojangles

Apparentley a few senior Cavan Gaels players collectively decided in the dressing room after the game yesterday that they should not wear the blue of Cavan again until the refereeing in the county is sorted out. Tensions were obviously still high and I think decisions like that should not be made in the heat of the moment.
There would be no Cavan team if all clubs took that attitude. No more than my own club I'm sure there are plenty of clubs who have serious grievances with referees.

Cavan Gaels had their chances to win the game and should have went in winning by more at HT.
Kingscourt came out in the 2nd half and really started to believe in themselves, working like dogs all around the field.
It has to be said that Cathal Collins coming off for the Gaels was a big turning point IMO. He was winning alot of breaks around the middle with his pure power.When he went off, the game really started to turn in the Stars favour despite the best efforts of Enda King who had an outstanding game.
The penalty looked dubious from the stand but if ya pull a mans jersey your taking a risk. Whether it was inside or outside the box, I don't know, but it was a foul.

Congrats to Kingscourt who were the hungrier team. To come back from 4 points down took some effort. Thomas Wakely was my MOTM. No question. Toasty will have better days IMO and gave Lyng a world of room but he was still driving on at the end when it mattered.
People say this result is good for Cavan football. I'd agree on one hand that it will give belief to so many more clubs who feel they are now in with a shout.
I also feel that on the other hand had Cavan Gaels got over that hurdle they may have given Ulster one last shot. An Ulster club win would also be a massive boost to Cavan football. But then again who's to say Kingscourt can't go all the way. They have my support.

The Minor game was a very exciting contest with some brilliant scores from both teams. I think Cavan Gaels have the better forward line and that may be the difference in the replay, if they are at full strength.
My heart bleeds for the poor Drumalee man who probably would have got the Man of the Match award in the Minor final but for the Goalkeepers lapses in concentration.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on September 27, 2010, 03:41:06 PM
Apparentley a few senior Cavan Gaels players collectively decided in the dressing room after the game yesterday that they should not wear the blue of Cavan again until the refereeing in the county is sorted out.

My heart bleeds for the poor Drumalee man who probably would have got the Man of the Match award in the Minor final but for the Goalkeepers lapses in concentration.

Oh jaysus if that first bit is true.... ::) ::) ::)  Really hope it isn't

I'm not following your last sentence there Boojangles - care to elaborate?

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 27, 2010, 05:59:13 PM
Quote from: boojangles on September 27, 2010, 03:41:06 PM
Apparentley a few senior Cavan Gaels players collectively decided in the dressing room after the game yesterday that they should not wear the blue of Cavan again until the refereeing in the county is sorted out.

Oh jaysus if that first bit is true.... ::) ::) ::)  Really hope it isn't

I'm not following your last sentence there Boojangles - care to elaborate?

Arguably Cavan Gaels best player yesterday in the Minor game transferred from Drumalee at the start of the year- lets say in 'controversial' circumstances.

Dougal

bomber was brilliant yesterday,thought he was decent all year,but just not as good at county level as he was for club.he was man of the match imo too.the story i heard,as to why he moved to the gaels is a disgrace.im also hearing that the minors had a meeting last night and are trying to put off the replay for a couple of weeks,because of a wedding next weekend and something else the weekend after.

pathetic stuff from the gaels,if true,and they stick to their word.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on September 27, 2010, 07:00:55 PM
bomber was brilliant yesterday,thought he was decent all year,but just not as good at county level as he was for club.he was man of the match imo too.the story i heard,as to why he moved to the gaels is a disgrace.im also hearing that the minors had a meeting last night and are trying to put off the replay for a couple of weeks,because of a wedding next weekend and something else the weekend after.

pathetic stuff from the gaels,if true,and they stick to their word.

It would be the first time I've ever heard of a Minor match being called off due to a wedding!!