Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Anybody any idea about the two minor teams for Sunday? I'm looking at Myles, Dougal and Terry here for some hope for the future.

Dougal

im expecting a big match from kevin bouchier,dont think hes one for the future though.hasnt improved much in the last 2 years and is more dedicated to soccer,but is a great footballer.
cian sweeneys a big man and very good at minor level,but doesnt have a footballing brain on him.should win lots of ball in midfield.
finbar rudden has been playing well for the seniors apart from one poor game,and should have been on the county minor panel this year.im expecting him to start full back,but if we need some help at midfield he'll be brought out.he never stops working,and will cover every inch of the pitch if brought out to midfield.
gary tubman is a great player at this level and if he gets the right ball into him will turn his man inside-out.
theres a good few U16s on this team,all of them very good players.conor smith has been solid all year,marked some of the best forwards in the county at this age group and done quite well,(this is the lad i was on about roasting enda reilly)ciaran brady and johnny mccabe from arva are playing very well at the minute,and conor higgins has been putting up massive scores in U16s and scoring a good bit in minors aswell.

im probably missing another one or two decent footballers,but thats most of the main ones.hopefully we can win tomorrow,we've been close for the last 3 years but still havent won anything at this level.

best of luck tomorrow TC hopefully it'll be a good game.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Terry Coyle

I'm not 100% on a lot of our lads names but will give it a go. Darragh Sexton has been playing well at centre half all year. Our main strength is in attack, with Paul O'Connor and Cian Byrne in particular the stand outs. O'Connor in particular has a great attitude towards the game which is great to see. Young Andrew Graham is handful as well in the corner (brother of Mickey), also has another brother Paul playing midfield Great engine on him. I reckon midfield will be crucial battle tomorrow - our lads probably more footballers, rather than pure ball winners. Not great with all the other names but a few other lads in defence who caught my eye as well.

Anyway best of luck to the Joes lads here - lets hope its a great game!

put-it-up-again

Minor Final is at 1.45. Senior is at 4pm according to the fixtures.

Is that a mistake or what? Some people just won't bother going to the minor game now because the gap is too long. Can anyone shed any light?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 25, 2010, 04:04:19 PM
Anybody any idea about the two minor teams for Sunday? I'm looking at Myles, Dougal and Terry here for some hope for the future.

Have to hold my hand up and say I know nothing about them, being in exile I've not even seen them play before. I believe it is the 1st time Killeshandra have been involved in a Roinn I final in 30 odd years and gaels are there every 2nd year so maybe they might give us this one. ;)

Celt_Man

Any updates on either game would be apprecriated.... Can't make it due to a combination of not being able to go and not sure if I'm ready to look at football just yet
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up-again

I just flicked through the old Keoghan threads..Who could have though that Tommy Truck would actually have made us worse  ???

mylestheslasher

Minor a draw, kingscourt win senior by 4pts :o

Celt_Man

Kingscourt won by 4 points....  Great for Cavan football - but hard luck to Gaels who have led the line in Senior football for the past number of years causing a few other clubs to get moving...

Northern Sound are impossible to listen to...

boojangles

We may not see any Cavan Gaels men donning the county jersey next year. I hear they are not happy.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on September 26, 2010, 06:32:54 PM
We may not see any Cavan Gaels men donning the county jersey next year. I hear they are not happy.

Jaysus the soapopera continues... Why? Whats wrong now?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Spit it out Boojangles. Not like you to be putting controversial statements up ;)
Unbelievable result today. Kingscourt definitely deserved it though. 4 down at half time and to come back and beat the Gaels by 4 is serious stuff. Wakely had a savage game first on Murray and then on Johnston, apart from the goal when I don't know what he was at. He's 29 and we're struggling in the county at FB. Was this  one off performance. Clarke was very good in front of him and got MOTM. I liked his speech too, not just the usual crap. I've always thought Ryan McCormack was overrated but his free-taking today was excellent and he calmly put the penalty away too. Barry Reilly caused lots of problems for the Gaels and was dealing with a lot of abuse from Chesty and Crotty too. I was surprised to see McKeown on the bench and what an impact he made when introduced.
For the Gaels I thought King fielded some very good ball and Lyng and Johnston were prominent in the first half. There must have been an element of complacency though and it'd be hard not to be in fairness to them.
Good minor game although the Gaels keeper will be disappointed. Made some good saves during the game but then let St. Joseph's back in it for the first goal and punched when he should have caught for the second.

Celt_Man

What was the craic at full time?  Did the Gaels kick up a fuss?  Not like them to give bad manners.

McCormack is a funny one, he was a McKenna Cup panel a couple of years ago and maybe a bit of the league too but whether he was dropped or left - he wasn't there by championship anyway... But to my mind he was doing rightly, was decent enough from open play and very accurate from frees thought it would have been worth keeping around

Often thought that it was strange that if a newcomer nearly set the whole county scene alight, he would get gate... rather than allowing time to settle in and find their feet inside a 30 man set up or whatever...

Dougal

anyone know what the penalty was for?i didnt see what it was for,and either did anyone else beside me.well done to kingscourt though,they were the better team and never gave up.why wasnt mckeown starting,anytime ive seen him this year he was quite good.im actually a bit of a gaels fan,but i cant stand some of their attitudes,dont want to name names,but one lad on the bench was a disgrace,giving abuse to tom reilly, the crowd, some of the minor match officials and went straight over to jimmy once the game finished.

didnt think we had a hope in hell of coming back in the minors,but a few bad mistakes from the gaels kept us in it.looks like graham and sexton will be out for the replay so it'll be a tight game again.gaels have won either the minor or senior every year from 98 onwards,can us and kingscourt put a stop to a very impressive record?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

I don't think McCormack is that good generally but he used it well today. The penalty was a tug on a jersey. Definite penalty and none of the Gaels complained. The state of Elliott coming out to McCormack and then throwing the hat in the net in a rage. Agree with everything Rodney says. When was this abuse being thrown at Tom Reilly Dougal?