Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal

Quote from: Terry Coyle on September 14, 2010, 04:12:34 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on September 14, 2010, 03:33:28 PM
Quote from: Dougal on September 14, 2010, 03:30:25 PM
"no doubt they'd win inter",is a massive exageration,in my opinion.i said they'd beat the majority of teams,and in div2,they've been in or around the top half,this year,and the two years before that?i think a decent inter team would be a more accurate description.

Aye I'd agree... They hold their own just about in the last couple of years

Dont really want to start a debate on this but our seconds have beaten two of the intermediate semi finalists this year and only for 2 goals in injury time would have beaten Knockbride as well so I think they more than hold their own at intermediate.

I presume Enda Reilly from Mullahoran will be in with the U21s as well. Saw Barry Reilly in the semi on Saturday evening and he is very good player - lovely dummy on him! I would expect him to make an impact with the senior set up next year.

havent seen him have a good game other than with mullahoran seniors.seen him in club minors,where he did very well for 5-10 minutes and after that was absolutely roasted by a 16 year old.seen him for the county minors 4 or 5 times,and didnt deserve a starting place the next day based on his performances.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

CC1

"no doubt they'd win inter",is a massive exageration,in my opinion.i said they'd beat the majority of teams,and in div2,they've been in or around the top half,this year,and the two years before that?i think a decent inter team would be a more accurate description.

Dont really want to start a debate on this but our seconds have beaten two of the intermediate semi finalists this year and only for 2 goals in injury time would have beaten Knockbride as well so I think they more than hold their own at intermediate.
I'm sorry, I know you're not wanting to get into a debate about this but judging by your post. Shercock would have been well able to compete at intermediate and should have won the JFC this year... It doesn't always work out that way when it comes to championship football. Being a Shercock man, I should know all about it.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Terry Coyle

Quote from: CC1 on September 14, 2010, 10:04:51 PM

I'm sorry, I know you're not wanting to get into a debate about this but judging by your post. Shercock would have been well able to compete at intermediate and should have won the JFC this year... It doesn't always work out that way when it comes to championship football. Being a Shercock man, I should know all about it.

You're right - its well and good doing it in the league but championship is different. Sure Denn nearly got relegated from league but yet got to a champ final last year. Its irrelevant really because we didnt win the junior so I suppose the topic should have been, we could have won the junior or given it a good go!

As for Enda Reilly - yeh I had my doubts about him. On Sunday he was good from frees and that but from open play he didnt really offer a lot. Phillip Brady was the biggest threat in that regard.

Jimmy Galligan from Lacken referee for the senior final - well there wont be many soft frees anyway unlike whistle happy Raymond!

boojangles

Quote from: Terry Coyle on September 15, 2010, 12:04:10 PM

You're right - its well and good doing it in the league but championship is different. Sure Denn nearly got relegated from league but yet got to a champ final last year. Its irrelevant really because we didnt win the junior so I suppose the topic should have been, we could have won the junior or given it a good go!

As for Enda Reilly - yeh I had my doubts about him. On Sunday he was good from frees and that but from open play he didnt really offer a lot. Phillip Brady was the biggest threat in that regard.

Jimmy Galligan from Lacken referee for the senior final - well there wont be many soft frees anyway unlike whistle happy Raymond!

Is that decided?

Fair play to him,played the game and uses common sense when refereeing. Some Gaels supporters may not be happy but TBH I seen him referee Cavan Gaels in the Semi final last year and there couldn't have been many complaining that day.

Terry Coyle

Quote from: boojangles on September 15, 2010, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: Terry Coyle on September 15, 2010, 12:04:10 PM

Is that decided?

Fair play to him,played the game and uses common sense when refereeing. Some Gaels supporters may not be happy but TBH I seen him referee Cavan Gaels in the Semi final last year and there couldn't have been many complaining that day.

I think it is - no problems with him from my side. At least he will let the game flow a bit.

PhilsJemmysField

Normally Jimmy is good enough and refs a game well enough.

The only issue with Jimmy Galligan is how at the Killygarry semi final last year. Two well known experts on refereeing Mr Forde and Mr Reilly chatted Jimmy for at least 5 minutes on the field at Half Time. Then in the second half Killygarry could'nt buy a free. Seem a bit too much like a ladies who lunch in the meadow view thing. In fairness to Raymond even though I hate his picky style he did keep control on Mullahoran, Gaels game and took absolutely no shite from any player who questioned or tried to referee the game. Jimmy should be good enough for the Final and will let the game flow

put-it-up-again

As funny as that is, take it down you eegit. Bit harsh on our Raymond!

whats my name

yea take it down or boojangles will report you he is the gaa board police after all

Celt_Man

Good to see the Hoganstand element creeping in over here.... ::)
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: whats my name on September 16, 2010, 12:43:35 PM
yea take it down or boojangles will report you he is the gaa board police after all

Damn right I am.

Good to see ya had to sense to do what I told ya to do though. Datta boy.

Celt_Man

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 16, 2010, 05:20:52 PM
hey im new on here,change from the shite on hoganstand.. ::)
any thoughts for next years cavan panel?

Careful now or the Grammar Patrol or worse the Apostrophe Police will get you on your opening post....

Welcome anyway - what club are you from? So I will know to avoiding abusing them or abuse at will as the situation warants
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

twotwocharlie

if anyone has a spare ticket for sunday will you please contact me by pm

put-it-up-again

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 16, 2010, 06:27:34 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on September 16, 2010, 05:20:52 PM
hey im new on here,change from the shite on hoganstand.. ::)
any thoughts for next years cavan panel?

Careful now or the Grammar Patrol or worse the Apostrophe Police will get you on your opening post....

Welcome anyway - what club are you from? So I will know to avoiding abusing them or abuse at will as the situation warants

You forgot capital letters also  ;D Although it would be considered part of the general Grammar Patrol, I think it is worth a mention by itself.

Cavan for Sam rodney trotter. Welcome aboard.

Denn Forever

Whats the protocol for the Senior Final?

Are the reigning champions the home team?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...