Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Forgot about Graham at the Gaels too. Their depth is ridiculous. Not sure if he's U-21 but I was also surprised that your man from Kingscourt is that young.

put-it-up-again

Smith is definitely u21. Graham is not.

Bit early to be talking about it though in my opinion.

Is Hyland taking it wit the same management team?

Breffni_Yank

God I have too much time on my hands this morning...

Here is the minor team from 08  -http://www.hoganstand.com/Tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=97408

Even found a link to the game against Tyrone

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7480919.stm

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: put-it-up-again on September 14, 2010, 11:11:28 AM

Not a bit. Sure doesn't optimism keep the spirits up even if it's unfounded.

Terry Coyle

I have to agree with Dougal about McClarey! A brilliant footballer, is strong, very quick, can win his own ball and kick a score and more importantly is a team player. He always in front of his man as well. Would love to see him start the final.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 14, 2010, 11:35:27 AM

Maybe the focus should be on the senior set-up at the minute considering our new management team.

But i think the u21's is our only real hope of success. There is a very strong spine there.

Dougal

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on September 14, 2010, 12:17:25 PM

Maybe the focus should be on the senior set-up at the minute considering our new management team.

But i think the u21's is our only real hope of success. There is a very strong spine there.

id disagree with that,who will replace dunne givney and mckiernan,and to a lesser extent mcenroe?mcdermot and mckiernan are all thats left from the spine of the u21 team last year.do we have any big FFs?dunne is one of the best full backs in the county and givney is the best midfielder.

i heard val andrews was at 8 matches at the weekend,was tommy at 8 matches in the two years he was manager?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Dougal on September 14, 2010, 01:29:38 PM
Quote from: Breffni_Yank on September 14, 2010, 12:17:25 PM

id disagree with that,who will replace dunne givney and mckiernan,and to a lesser extent mcenroe?mcdermot and mckiernan are all thats left from the spine of the u21 team last year.do we have any big FFs?dunne is one of the best full backs in the county and givney is the best midfielder.

i heard val andrews was at 8 matches at the weekend,was tommy at 8 matches in the two years he was manager?

Well I think O'Meara, Minnagh and Maloney all would have been starting if fit last year. So they slot in straight away.

Barry Reilly will play at CF of FF. McClarey will be in one corner and someone like Kevin Tierney could be in the other - I am sure Boojangles will vouch for him as I remember reading on here ages ago that he scored 5-something ;D McDermott will be floating around somewhere too.

I would be happy enough with them kind of lads playing and if that number 6 from Mullahoran at the weekend is underage he will be in the mix aswell..

Dougal

thats kinda my point,we have some serious players outside of the spine,but the spine isnt there just yet,but maybe it will be.ill have to take a look at the u21s this year and see what i can see.hopefully andrews will bring in a few from last year and give them a bit of game time and see how they cope.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on September 14, 2010, 09:39:46 AM
The Gaels bench would no doubt win the intermediate championship anyway and would beat a right few senior teams...

They couldn't win the Junior last year so.....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 14, 2010, 03:03:17 PM
The Gaels bench would no doubt win the intermediate championship anyway and would beat a right few senior teams...

how many of the gaels 1st 30 were elegible for junior by the time the swad game came around?probably only about 5.take the strongest 15,forget about them and take the next 15.id say they would beat the majority of intermediate sides.
the gaels probably use 25 different players in the senior champ,so that automatically means that 10 players out of thier 2nd 15 wouldnt be elegible.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on September 14, 2010, 03:13:25 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on September 14, 2010, 03:03:17 PM

how many of the gaels 1st 30 were elegible for junior by the time the swad game came around?probably only about 5.take the strongest 15,forget about them and take the next 15.id say they would beat the majority of intermediate sides.
the gaels probably use 25 different players in the senior champ,so that automatically means that 10 players out of thier 2nd 15 wouldnt be elegible.

ok say all that is true and in fairness there are a fair few probablys in that... how come do don't do better in the Division 2 league then?

I'm not disputing that the fact that the Gaels have unbelievable talent and amount of players at their disposal but just to say that they would no doubt win the Intermediate as simply as that is a bit annoying

Dougal

"no doubt they'd win inter",is a massive exageration,in my opinion.i said they'd beat the majority of teams,and in div2,they've been in or around the top half,this year,and the two years before that?i think a decent inter team would be a more accurate description.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on September 14, 2010, 03:30:25 PM
"no doubt they'd win inter",is a massive exageration,in my opinion.i said they'd beat the majority of teams,and in div2,they've been in or around the top half,this year,and the two years before that?i think a decent inter team would be a more accurate description.

Aye I'd agree... They hold their own just about in the last couple of years

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Celt_Man on September 14, 2010, 03:33:28 PM
Quote from: Dougal on September 14, 2010, 03:30:25 PM

Aye I'd agree... They hold their own just about in the last couple of years

Dont really want to start a debate on this but our seconds have beaten two of the intermediate semi finalists this year and only for 2 goals in injury time would have beaten Knockbride as well so I think they more than hold their own at intermediate.

I presume Enda Reilly from Mullahoran will be in with the U21s as well. Saw Barry Reilly in the semi on Saturday evening and he is very good player - lovely dummy on him! I would expect him to make an impact with the senior set up next year.