Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breffni_Yank

It's just my opinion but i dont think King is up to it. Speaking of King's I saw Stephen and our new managers in Breffni today.

I doubt they were too impressed with the Intermediate game. Jesus i thought it was desperate.

I honestly don't know who you would pick from Mullahoran. Dermot Sheridan was desperate in the attackign department. I think county-wise he has to be tried WB. Gunner was pretty quiet. I thought 6 done a good job, not sure who he was and can't remember the name. The programme is in the car but i really don't care that much  ;D

I was at the other semi-final last night too. (Been great to come home and cathc the business end of the championships!)

I honestly wouldn't say one lad from Ramor is good enough for IC football and from Kingscourt Barry Reilly caught the eye and i thought the FB looked decent. 11 for them done a lot of work too - again forgive the lack of names.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 12, 2010, 09:32:38 PM
King would probably be hard to play with as he never shuts his mouth but in saying that Meehan was only on. It gave the crowd something to cheer about.

You'r very very harsh on Enda King there Lawrence. Definitely not a mouth and would be one of the fairest and hardest players playing for Cavan Gaels. I'm sure Terry Coyle or Thastheball(when he sobers up) would vouch for that. We could do worse than have a lad like Enda King about the county panel. IMO was the best midfielder on show today.

Lawrence of Knockbride

No insult intended Boojangles although I can see from my post why you'd think that. He is very definitely a whole-hearted honest player but he's forever clapping and encouraging lads which I'd say would get on players' nerves (sounds silly but I think he just over does it).
As far as the county is concerned, he's been in and IMO hasn't done enough. But bring him in and look at him by all means.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 13, 2010, 08:44:25 AM
No insult intended Boojangles although I can see from my post why you'd think that. He is very definitely a whole-hearted honest player but he's forever clapping and encouraging lads which I'd say would get on players' nerves (sounds silly but I think he just over does it).
As far as the county is concerned, he's been in and IMO hasn't done enough. But bring him in and look at him by all means.

No problem Lawrence, I picked it up the wrong way. I agree with you about the county team but how many lads have been on the Cavan panel for numerous seasons and still haven't done enough. Enda was on the panel in 2003 and maybe 1 other year. Judging him yesterday against other IC players he doesn't look below the standard and a spot at WF may suit him.

It has to be said though that going on both games yesterday it would be hard for Val and Terry to get excited about anything especially considering they were watching the favourites for the Senior Championship and also the favourites for the Intermediate championship.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Well I won't mention any names  ::) but the more midfielders and full-backs the boys look at the better so I'll do a 180 and insist that King be brought in ;D.
You must have been out celebrating with your town-mates given the time of that post last night. :D

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 13, 2010, 12:01:59 PM
Well I won't mention any names  ::) but the more midfielders and full-backs the boys look at the better so I'll do a 180 and insist that King be brought in ;D.
You must have been out celebrating with your town-mates given the time of that post last night. :D

Celebrating what? sure they've won nothing yet. No, no celebrating for me, I'm on a strict diet of Water and DVDs the past week.

cavan4sam

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on September 12, 2010, 10:15:14 PM
It's just my opinion but i dont think King is up to it. Speaking of King's I saw Stephen and our new managers in Breffni today.

I doubt they were too impressed with the Intermediate game. Jesus i thought it was desperate.

I honestly don't know who you would pick from Mullahoran. Dermot Sheridan was desperate in the attackign department. I think county-wise he has to be tried WB. Gunner was pretty quiet. I thought 6 done a good job, not sure who he was and can't remember the name. The programme is in the car but i really don't care that much  ;D

I was at the other semi-final last night too. (Been great to come home and cathc the business end of the championships!)

I honestly wouldn't say one lad from Ramor is good enough for IC football and from Kingscourt Barry Reilly caught the eye and i thought the FB looked decent. 11 for them done a lot of work too - again forgive the lack of names.

Was Killian Brady the CHB for Mullahoran yesterday? Can't say that I know much about the lad but I seen him playing against us twice this year and was very impressed by him. Apparently he is still only 19 so would like to see him brought in to the U21 set up and hopefully the lad can continue to develop.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I'm pretty sure that was him alright. He spent a lot of the first half holding on to Niall Smith's shirt. After the third time (at least) he informed the referee who spoke to him but did nothing else. Still he stuck to an tough task so some plaudits.
Would I be right in thinking that Niall Smith and Daragh Tighe are U-21 next year. Add to that this Brady lad and McKiernan from Lacken. Who else from last year is underage again? Oh, and Barry Reilly of course.

Dougal

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 13, 2010, 07:51:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that was him alright. He spent a lot of the first half holding on to Niall Smith's shirt. After the third time (at least) he informed the referee who spoke to him but did nothing else. Still he stuck to an tough task so some plaudits.
Would I be right in thinking that Niall Smith and Daragh Tighe are U-21 next year. Add to that this Brady lad and McKiernan from Lacken. Who else from last year is underage again? Oh, and Barry Reilly of course.

gearoid and niall mckiernan,niall smith,murray? and mcdermot,tighe,mcclarey,maloney-derham,minagh,leddy.

plenty of talent in the u21s again this year.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on September 13, 2010, 10:16:32 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on September 13, 2010, 07:51:49 PM

Don't start that carry on.....
gearoid and niall mckiernan,niall smith,murray? and mcdermot,tighe,mcclarey,maloney-derham,minagh,leddy.

plenty of talent in the u21s again this year.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on September 12, 2010, 09:13:46 PM
I made the trip down to Breffni today and expected an action packed game. To be honest I thought it was pretty poor.

Here is the Gaels team today. I'm just not convinced that a few of them coming in will save us.

Elliot - Better than what was there this year I admit but didnt inspire today
Dallan McCormack - Nope
Collins - Didn't impress today
Marc Leddy - Nope
Pauric Smith - Decent but I would pick McCutcheon or someone like that ahead of him
Chesty - Can certainly contribute
Gavin Duffy - He is solid. Would he greatly improve us - I'm not sure
Dominic Reily - Worth a look but is he better than Givney or Gearoid McKiernan?
Enda King - Doesn't have the physique for midfield at IC level
Forde - Has done his fair share for the county already
Lyng - Has been hot and cold for the last few years
Niall Smith - Lightning pace and no doubt he will eventually make it.
Johnston - His point in the second half was class
Niall Murray - Same as Smith. Both will be big players for the u21's next year but I'm not sure about throwing them into the senior set-up where there are no real leaders to look after them and urge them on.
Martin Dunne - Barely got a touch today
My opinion on the Gaels men.
Niall Smith and Niall Murray should be on the senior panel aswell as the under 21 panel next year.
Marc Leddy and McClarey and Maloney Derham on the under 21's.
Im not sure about Martin Dunne to be honest.

Eoin Elliot,Dominic Reily,Eamon Reily,Gavin Duffy,Pauric Smith and Enda King are all better than what was on the 30 man Cavan panel this year.

I havent been at a club match since we exited the championship,as ive just  turned off football completely so i havent seen them since they demolished Lavey in Breffini.
Iid like to see the Gaels subs bench if anyone has it.One things for sure ,the Gaels have a ridiculous amount of talent at their disposal.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Here you are BH Man:
O'Riordan, Quinn, Nelligan, McClarey, Rabbitte, Meehan, Collins, Gurhy, Crotty, Meehan, Murphy, Gurhy, Heslin and O'Donnell. They'd give the first 15 a good game. Walshe missing from that too.

Breffni_Yank

The Gaels bench would no doubt win the intermediate championship anyway and would beat a right few senior teams...

With regards to u21's, going by the programme I have in my drawer here:

Tighe, Gearoid McKiernan, Niall Smith, Bary Reilly, Niall McDermottt Conor McClarey, Alan O'Meara, Minnagh, Maloney Dernham, Shane Tierney.

I think they are the only ones that are listed on the programme that are underage again - but I wouldn't be overly sure on a few others.

Add in Niall Murray who was travelling and Kevin Tierney and the likes of Colm Smith who is playing MF with Kingscourt it looks decent. Who is managing them?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Forgot to add that Sean Reilly was injured from that list of Gaels subs too.

Dougal

smith from kingscourt is u21?he caught my eye alright,a decent enough player.mcclarey is one of my favourite young players in the county,very lively and has a great eye for a short pass.i cant understand how he isnt starting for the gaels.

is daniel graham not still u21?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!