Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

In fairness to Val the last time he was around he brought in a fair few faces the year we got to an Ulster Final-Prior, Rory Donohoe, Jackson, Doonan, McRudden so maybe there are a few he can bring in this time out. To prove what a sad life I lead is went to my rain soaked programme from that terrible day down in Cork and I see that the panel of 29 that day ilnclude a total of 6 from our four senior county semi finalists. Nothing scientific there but you would hope that there might be one or two to come through from that source. I won't start on the Cavan Gaels issue again.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

put-it-up-again

Initially, I would keep 10 or 12 of last year's panel as a core group and I would strip the rest of it back. If them lads prove their worth through form then I would gladly accept them back in. You would have to agree Lawrence that a fair few of the boys I am talking about  are there on some kind of reputation when the fact is their form has been quite poor domestically. I think Val and Terry need to go looking for the right attitude between talent and work-rate. And as stupid as the HOPE thing sounds it makes sense.

One thing I will say AC39 is, there are not too many lads from Kingscourt or Ramor that jump out. Colm and Philly Smith played well, as did Alan Clarke who is already in with Cavan, when I saw Kingscourt but after them too I wasn't impressed with Kingscourt at all.

Nobody caught my eye for Ramor. That is what I mean about having no stars. It's up to the new management to identify key attributes in players that might not have gotten a chance before and to try and bring them on.

Agree with you Lawrence on Fannin though, I think he is brilliant at WF. We still need a dirty old fashioned corner back, a reasurring FB (most county's do). I think Gearoid McKiernan and Givney are the only way to go midfield. If you could coax Crowe to come in and be a father figure all the better.

With regards to that McKiernan lad from Lacken, I think he is only 19. I would let him settle in with the u21's first and see how he fares there.

BigMac

Would Terry's Lacken pull be able to coax Crowe to come in? Agree we need to find a full back, but i genuinely think most players have been tried in the county at this stage. Does anyone honestly think were going to up root a full back (or any other position) that hasnt been in before or talked about a hundred times. I dont think there is a really good player worth of getting a place on the team that hasnt been in about development panels or underage teams before that previous managment didnt know about.
Sorry about the negative attitude, but its only negative on the player recruiting side of things. Still hope that terry and val can throw a few shapes, and should be given a fair shot, without being critisized before a ball has been kicked. Although I did say Terry wasnt the right man for the job, he has it now so everything possible should be done to support himself and Val.

anglocelt39

PIU, would you take that cyaavan yoke away from your name.

While we're on the nit picking topic Lawrence maybe you'd like to refrain from your occasional "comedy routine" at the expense of Lorcan Mulvey.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: whats my name on September 03, 2010, 09:20:19 AM
comedy routine at the expense of lorcan mulvey check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU0czh5v4AE

Please tell me that is not the same Mulvey that plays wit Cavan? Please Please Please.

And Yes PIU take that Cyyyavan thing down you big eegit, us Cavan folk get enough stick as it is!

Homer

I'd agree with boojangles, very unfair on the lad.

mylestheslasher

Yeh, a bit out of order there putting up that link. In fairness, I'd say there are not too many of us that would like to be followed on a night out on the beer by pricks with video cameras. Best to remove that, stick to his comedy on the field.

whats my name

it was on youtube so the whole world can see it not my problem at all. ill take it down from here but its still up on youtube so i cant do anything about it i just thought it was funny thats it.

boojangles

Quote from: whats my name on September 03, 2010, 12:41:42 PM
it was on youtube so the whole world can see it not my problem at all. ill take it down from here but its still up on youtube so i cant do anything about it i just thought it was funny thats it.

You put it up here so it is your problem. If you were an Inter-County footballer would ya like if it was done on you?? Don't think so. Still an amateur sport so everybody is entitled to their privacy believe it or not.
To get rid of the link from the thread Im deleting my original reply- Maybe Breffni Yank and Beer Baron would do the same.

BallyhaiseMan

To be fair to ,whats my name ,lads
Its not a video which shows Mulvey in a bad light,just him having the craic at the fleadh.
It may not be appropriate for here,but its not the worst thing thats ever been posted about a player/club on this thread.
Lorcan being the sound lad,that he is,im sure he wouldnt mind.

put-it-up-again

I dont see the problem with that video at all. Cavan were well out of the championship at that stage he was entitled to be dancing on the streets drunk like the rest of us were. If someone hada got a recording of me dancing and put it on Youtube I would guess Simon Cowell would have been on to me know for Britains got Talent because I was on fire down there  ;D

He was having the crack in the off-season so let him be

Celt_Man

Knockbride beat Drumgoon by 3 points there in Kingscourt this evening. 12 points to 9.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

pity i didnt realise it was on this evening,i had to pass my evening watching muck up in mullahoran.val terry and stephen were all there,ive already seen val at more matches than tommy.denn won by the way.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on September 03, 2010, 10:04:35 PM
pity i didnt realise it was on this evening,i had to pass my evening watching muck up in mullahoran.val terry and stephen were all there,ive already seen val at more matches than tommy.denn won by the way.

Remind me who Denn were playing again?

Knockbride were impressive enough - would take a bit of minding by most in a semi....  Usual suspects still doing it for them
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

crosserlough,was a pretty poor game.crosserlough in relegation final for the second year in a row,and id say they will go down.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!