Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I knew you didn't rate and I have no experience of him so I was hoping that someone from his club could tell us more.

And it would smack of Newcastle and Alan Shearer i.e. was a good player for the team and no other reason.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Lawrence of Knockbride

C'mon Myles. Ill-informed maybe but a bit harsh to call someone and idiot because they don't know something.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 29, 2010, 04:19:50 PM
C'mon Myles. Ill-informed maybe but a bit harsh to call someone and idiot because they don't know something.
I was referring to our new management team for being idiots. If they know nothing about him they would be even bigger idiots to involve him

full moon

Myles is right, this is an even worse collection  of "managers" and selectors than even the previous regime. How that is possible is really amazing.

Div 4 here we come.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 29, 2010, 04:44:16 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 29, 2010, 04:19:50 PM
I was referring to our new management team for being idiots. If they know nothing about him they would be even bigger idiots to involve him
Oh right........disregard.

Celt_Man

Mullahorn beat Castlerahan 10 points to 5 there in Breffni earlier... It was the first match I've been at other than those which were on in our pitch and it will be the last if they are of that standard.....

Semi finals draw was made
Mullahorn v Gaels
Kingscourt v Ramor
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

when will the semis be?cant wait for the gaels v mullahoran.havent seen mullahoran at all this year,so its hard to know if they can beat the gaels,but i think they should.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on August 29, 2010, 11:54:25 PM
when will the semis be?cant wait for the gaels v mullahoran.havent seen mullahoran at all this year,so its hard to know if they can beat the gaels,but i think they should.

Kingscourt v Ramor Saturday week at 8 pm in Breffni then Gaels Mullahorn the next day at 3.30

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Dougal on August 29, 2010, 11:54:25 PM

Well if we play like we did in the first half on Friday evening then the dreadnoughts will hammer us. We havent played one good championship game this year. Bit worrying but great draw for us all the same, will see where we are at.

Good to see two relatively big teams back in the semis in Ramor and Kingscourt. Reckon the stars will pip that one - I believe Ado Cole went off with a hamstring injury at the weekend so if he is out then he will be a big loss.

Is it definitely true about King being a selector? I have heard the same as what Myles is describing. Are we scraping the bottom of the barrel? I think so. If we have joint managers, do we need a selector? I thought all we would have needed was a trainer if that was the case.

Breffni_Yank

I don't get the critisicm of King at all. Fair enough if he is a shite manager but being a selector is a completely different role to managing. I don't know the man at all but for example if communciation with players is a problem for him, well as a selector he doesn't really have that responsibility. If he is a shite trainer then he doesn't have t hat responsability either.  He can simply stand there, watch the game and whisper in Terry's or Andrews ear. I would be shocked after all the years of playing that he couldn't bring something to the set-up.

Obviously the new managers have some time for him or they wouldn't have asked him. I remember he used to write in one of those free papers and I thought he was quite insightful to be honest.

I'm very curious to see who comes in as a trainer because I dont believe any of the three already mentioned would be up to the standard in the latest methods.

Also read on the Hoganstand that Andrews said last night on the radio that King is involved and they will be sitting down this week to come up with a plan..

PhilsJemmysField

Heard Val Doonican on the RTE radio 1 last night. He was talking Middle Management speak about looking at systems and analysing where Cavan is at right now. He sounded positive anyways. Said they are going to have first meeting with "Backroom" team this week and was glad to say this included Stephen King. Saw Hyland in Breffni Friday night. The best man on the field for the first half was one Terry Farrelly which says it all, the 97 crew are still our best footballers at club games. Conor in at full foward was a handful as was Shane Smith. Cucu's played simple game Midfield got ball gave it to Keating who played to Full Forward line in space. The Gaels indiscipline left a lot to be desired and if they meet a real referee will have big issues. Of course keating had to talk himself off the pitch as well. There must be some form of curse on Cavan Football that says if you are a fairly good footballer that you are Mad as a Hatter. I think Kellegher did as well as he could with a pair of Linesmen who showed no interest in helping him. There was some poor wee young lad doing the line in the second half totally out of his depth. Forde basically reffed the second half while Lyng was poor and only interested in Messing. Johnston was lucky as well as was Terry Farrelly to stay on. Crotty well he needs to be let out in a field somewhere and told here is a ball and see would he actually play with it. I think he still would end up getting sent off.  The Gaels have a lot of work to do but would still say they are favorites showed flashes of combined play that still would blow a lot of teams away. Allegedly the corner back was looking for gloves when the ball was thrown in.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on August 30, 2010, 10:39:47 AM
I don't get the critisicm of King at all. Fair enough if he is a shite manager but being a selector is a completely different role to managing. I don't know the man at all but for example if communciation with players is a problem for him, well as a selector he doesn't really have that responsibility. If he is a shite trainer then he doesn't have t hat responsability either.  He can simply stand there, watch the game and whisper in Terry's or Andrews ear. I would be shocked after all the years of playing that he couldn't bring something to the set-up.

Obviously the new managers have some time for him or they wouldn't have asked him. I remember he used to write in one of those free papers and I thought he was quite insightful to be honest.

I'm very curious to see who comes in as a trainer because I dont believe any of the three already mentioned would be up to the standard in the latest methods.

Also read on the Hoganstand that Andrews said last night on the radio that King is involved and they will be sitting down this week to come up with a plan..

Prepare to be shocked!

With regards to his journalistic abilities, I'll PM you something I wouldn't put up here.

Breffni_Yank

Is Hyland still over u21's?

Also what is happening with the minor position? Is Micky Graham's term up now?

I actually thought King might get that job..

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 30, 2010, 01:02:23 PM
Quote from: Breffni_Yank on August 30, 2010, 10:39:47 AM

Prepare to be shocked!

With regards to his journalistic abilities, I'll PM you something I wouldn't put up here.

You have my interest now too... fire me one as well

Dougal

send one my way aswel myles.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!