Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breffni_Yank

Heard that about King myself alright. Sounds like a great addition considering his playing achievments. Hasn't he has success with Killeshandra as well?

Any word on a trainer for the team yet? I'm liking the sound of the new set-up so far and am feeling quietly comfident. I just hope they plan to build a new team and strip away the deadwood. I would honestly say I would keep about ten of this year's panel .

Got to see my first championship match of the summer tonight with Kingscourt beating Gowna. I was expecting big things given there league position but was disappointed.. Can't see them matching a Gaels team that is as strong as it is.

Barry Reilly got some 'one on one' treatment from a Gowna man throughout.

Of the two games on tonight I didn't see to many lads that you would say are county standard...

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 28, 2010, 11:24:16 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 28, 2010, 10:39:42 PM
Did I hear right?  On Northern sound I thought I heard that Stephen King is going to be a selector with V&T. 

Myles will be happy. :o

that bollox on hoganstand predicted as much... wonder if he is going in with them too!!

I was reading that earlier alright. Surely he shouldn't be making things public knowledge that he hears while cutting the grass? Who is he? He seems to know alot about the Cavan scene..

Celt_Man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on August 28, 2010, 11:31:44 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on August 28, 2010, 11:24:16 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on August 28, 2010, 10:39:42 PM
Did I hear right?  On Northern sound I thought I heard that Stephen King is going to be a selector with V&T. 

Myles will be happy. :o

that bollox on hoganstand predicted as much... wonder if he is going in with them too!!

I was reading that earlier alright. Surely he shouldn't be making things public knowledge that he hears while cutting the grass? Who is he? He seems to know alot about the Cavan scene..

He is the groundskeeper for Breffni Park and he should stick to it.... also puts his name to the Cavan GAA website which is nothing to be proud of
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Breffni_Yank

Groundskeeper? Feck sake I thought he was on a committe or somerthing the way he was going on? Seems very passionate in fairness to him..

So that is Andrews, Hyland and King now. Sounds stronger than the last regime already but would any of those three actually take trainings?

As I said I have seen little or no games in Cavan this year but has there been anyone standing out in club games?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on August 28, 2010, 11:44:57 PM
Groundskeeper? Feck sake I thought he was on a committe or somerthing the way he was going on? Seems very passionate in fairness to him..

So that is Andrews, Hyland and King now. Sounds stronger than the last regime already but would any of those three actually take trainings?

As I said I have seen little or no games in Cavan this year but has there been anyone standing out in club games?

Passionate but not sure if he is wise at all...

Now I'll qualify this statement by saying I wouldn't know as I've never had any dealings with him but from what I hear from second hand sources - King is meant to be a joke...

Breffni_Yank

Then why is he getting asked in? In fairness, you would hope he could make a good selector. I mean technically he should be just helping to pick the team and share his experiences with players. I mean the organising of training and actual management of individuals wouldn't be part of his job description would it?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on August 28, 2010, 11:57:59 PM
Then why is he getting asked in? In fairness, you would hope he could make a good selector. I mean technically he should be just helping to pick the team and share his experiences with players. I mean the organising of training and actual management of individuals wouldn't be part of his job description would it?

ahh sure who knows...

Denn Forever

Lets wait for Myles to tell us all about Kings dealings with teams.  He seems to have a set against him but maybe Myles is being a bit harsh.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 29, 2010, 12:10:06 AM
Lets wait for Myles to tell us all about Kings dealings with teams.  He seems to have a set against him but maybe Myles is being a bit harsh.

What's that saying about a preacher never been appreciated in his own land or something~?

Dougal

king as a manager...absolute no-no.king as a selector?might be alright at that.football tonight was pretty poor,would i be right in saying that you were at it lawrence??
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

I wasn't but I'd love to know why you think I was ??? ??? ???

Dougal

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 29, 2010, 09:14:31 AM

odd notions when im drunk i suppose.you said you go to the odd killeshandra game,and theres one lad that goes to a few of them,and i dont know who he is.so last night i added two and two,and got 5.  :-[

what time is the mullahoran game at today??
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on August 29, 2010, 01:07:58 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on August 29, 2010, 09:14:31 AM

odd notions when im drunk i suppose.you said you go to the odd killeshandra game,and theres one lad that goes to a few of them,and i dont know who he is.so last night i added two and two,and got 5.  :-[

what time is the mullahoran game at today??

7.30 boss

mylestheslasher

Look lads, accuse me of being against king all you want. He never did me a bad turn and I have nothing personal against him but he is absolutley clueless on the line. Don't believe me go and ask ballymchugh who tried ti get rid of him a few weeks ago and instead cut his "expenses" by half. Anyone who wants this guy involved with our intercounty team is an ill informed idiot. I was willing to give this new  management team the benefit of the doubt but if this is their 1st decision then I think we are in for a bad time. Breffni yank - king had nothing to do with success at killeshandra and it is a crime that people in far distant clubs think he did.

boojangles

Ballinagh 0-17 Redhills 0-7
Lavey 0-8 Denn 0-7
Belturbet beat Crosserlough also.

Leaving Denn V Crosserlough which should be pretty :o, and Redhills V Killygarry in relegation battle.

Heard the same about King at Ballymachugh. They can't even field a second team this year for Gods sake.