Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

beer baron

'referee started second half and cuchullains had only 14 men on the field, johnsons marker wasnt there. he had a goal scored within 10 seconds of the restart. they may hav beat them only for that.' This is what was said to me by  a reliable friend of mine.

Celt_Man

Quote from: beer baron on August 27, 2010, 10:49:19 PM
'referee started second half and cuchullains had only 14 men on the field, johnsons marker wasnt there. he had a goal scored within 10 seconds of the restart. they may hav beat them only for that.' This is what was said to me by  a reliable friend of mine.

As Miley from glenroe would say "well holy god!"
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Dougal

was at the game and couldnt understand what they were complaining about.thats a kick in the balls.ref was woeful for both teams.the goal really changed the game,johnston woke up after it and scored a few points which seen them through.never realised how big keating was,conor smith was good when he was getting decent ball.krotty came on to fight,dont think he was bothered with playing at all.gaels wont go much further if they play another game as bad as that.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on August 27, 2010, 11:29:58 PM
was at the game and couldnt understand what they were complaining about.thats a kick in the balls.ref was woeful for both teams.the goal really changed the game,johnston woke up after it and scored a few points which seen them through.never realised how big keating was,conor smith was good when he was getting decent ball.krotty came on to fight,dont think he was bothered with playing at all.gaels wont go much further if they play another game as bad as that.

And who was the ref so??

Dougal

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 27, 2010, 11:41:59 PM

And who was the ref so??

Padraig Kelleher

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on August 27, 2010, 11:43:37 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on August 27, 2010, 11:41:59 PM

And who was the ref so??

Padraig Kelleher

Excellent.... and who is down to ref our game next week....

Denn Forever

Could this be the year for new Senior champs?  Reports on CG have been that they've been luck to survive.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dougal

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 28, 2010, 12:06:49 PM
Could this be the year for new Senior champs?  Reports on CG have been that they've been luck to survive.

it's certainly more likely than previous years,but it looks like they arent playing anywhere near aswell as they're capable.saw them last night and against ballinagh and were very good at times in both,but looked to be siiting back for the rest of the game.

boojangles

If they revert back to playing the excellent attacking football they are capable of and relax on the cynical stuff nobody will beat them. Can't understand why a team full of fine footballers had to turn to some of the negative stuff that was on show last night. Cavan Gaels should have been beating that Cuchulainns team comfortably last night.
First time I ever seen a lad getting applauded for being sent off.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on August 28, 2010, 03:49:00 PM

If they revert back to playing the excellent attacking football they are capable of and relax on the cynical stuff nobody will beat them. Can't understand why a team full of fine footballers had to turn to some of the negative stuff that was on show last night. Cavan Gaels should have been beating that Cuchulainns team comfortably last night.
Dunno about that Boojangles. I warmed my hands early in the second half against Wicklow. ;)

cogito

Just noticed this on Hoganstand.

At last night's county board meeting in the Hotel Kilmore, the duo were proposed by Lacken's Jimmy Galligan and seconded by Johnny O'Hanlon of Cavan Gaels. The clubs were unanimous in their support for the appointment of the new co-managers, neither of whom were present at the meeting.

Does that mean the Gaels lads will behind the new management team. You boys need all the help you can get but I think the new appointment is a good one for Cavan.  At least the I think they will bring passion to it and that should spread to the players. I think if Cavan get that back they will make progress. Talent is not the problem, I have seen plenty of talented Cavan men playing Sigerson in recent years

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on August 28, 2010, 03:49:00 PM

Who got the line Boojangles - Gaels fella I take it?

Denn Forever

Did I hear right?  On Northern sound I thought I heard that Stephen King is going to be a selector with V&T. 

Myles will be happy. :o
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 28, 2010, 10:39:42 PM
Did I hear right?  On Northern sound I thought I heard that Stephen King is going to be a selector with V&T. 

Myles will be happy. :o

that bollox on hoganstand predicted as much... wonder if he is going in with them too!!