Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: full moon on August 02, 2010, 09:09:17 PM
Heard some results from the Minor Championship today.

Killan Gaels defeated Lavey

Ramor defeated Cavan Gaels by 1 point
Both league finalists knocked out in the QF.

Whats happening there? I heard yesterday that it will be replayed.

Terry Coyle

Heard its going to be replayed as well. Seemingly referee put a score down for Ramor instead of the Gaels. Announced at end of game Ramor won by two, but then later noted he had made a mistake.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 04, 2010, 12:07:39 PM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on August 04, 2010, 10:51:43 AM
Kernan could at least get us competing again and playing to out full potential inside two years.

I'd love to see him but would he get 2 years?
Kernan would be the biggest name appointee since Eamon Coleman(RIP).
He would get as long as was needed.

Breffni_Yank

What news from the East.

I read on the Independent's website that Joe is going but I doubt hes gonna want to take over us to be honest.
Wud be an interesting option but I just cant see him coaching in the same province as all the sons.

County Board released any info yet. Every county seems to be pressing ahead in their seach bar us...Are we gonna miss all the good managers? To me the lack of urgency meant we were getting a local man this time,

Denn Forever

Didn't stop Baker (but I don't think Antrim played Derry).

No word here but Boojangles said that word in the CB is that no appointment until September.  Hope thast wrong.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Kernan cost Galway over 100k between all the travelling and "expenses", taking into account that he is a lot closer to Cavan so less travel I expect Cavan will need to fork out 60-70k for him each year. Do we have that sort of money these days? Also, Kernan is on record as saying he would not like to manage an Ulster team for fear of coming up against his sons in Armagh. I think the chances of him taking over Cavan are very very slight. I'd say some Leinster team might be more likely to go with him.

boojangles

Quote from: boojangles on July 27, 2010, 04:21:37 PM
Quote from: cavan4sam on July 27, 2010, 02:32:06 PM
Lads did ye hear that Cavan Gaels are now entered into the Junior B championship and we (Castlerahan) have to play them as Redhills are unable to field a team. What do the rest of ye think of this?

If your team is as strong as it was last year you's should have no problems. Best B team I'v seen.

Wednesday 04th August 2010

Hotel Kilmore Junior B Special Competition

Cavan Gaels  0-12 0-7 Castlerahan  Cavan Gaels

I'm guessing C4Sam ain't a happy bunny today.

Swadman

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 05, 2010, 10:59:59 AM
Kernan cost Galway over 100k between all the travelling and "expenses", .... I expect Cavan will need to fork out 60-70k for him each year. ..........Kernan is on record as saying he would not like to manage an Ulster team for fear of coming up against his sons in Armagh. ...
He wont go back to Connaught (sooner Hell ;D)Munster very unlikely and if no Leinster county looks for him then I would say he will take an Ulster team, sons or not. Joe will go where the sound of "Ker-ching" is heard. I know we are not as flush as in previous years but when I think of what money was wasted...........Aarghhhh!!!!

BallyhaiseMan

I wonder are the funds available to pay for an top outside manager like Kernan,
The rumour was that Carr was on 40K a year,both years,i dont know how accurate that was.
McElkennon/Cassidy combo before that,were rumoured to be about 60K between them.
With Kingspan's business having taken a hit due to the recession,and the Dublin supporters club's large contribution (they have done an unbelieveable job fundraising over the years) undoubtedly down from what it was a few years ago(recession again),id have my doubts whether the large sums of money we have thrown at managers over the last decade is available for this appointment.

Denn Forever

Its lucky that the GAA is amateur.

Has the taxman ever gone after IC managers?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

It's all done through expenses like mileage. Very hard for the taxman to do anything. Supposedly micko got audited once and they could find nothing

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 05, 2010, 10:48:56 PM
I wonder are the funds available to pay for an top outside manager like Kernan,
The rumour was that Carr was on 40K a year,both years,i dont know how accurate that was.
McElkennon/Cassidy combo before that,were rumoured to be about 60K between them.
With Kingspan's business having taken a hit due to the recession,and the Dublin supporters club's large contribution (they have done an unbelieveable job fundraising over the years) undoubtedly down from what it was a few years ago(recession again),id have my doubts whether the large sums of money we have thrown at managers over the last decade is available for this appointment.

Did we really pay that much? That is sick...Just luck at the return we got.
I dunno maybe its time we stopped handin out that money and got someone in that wants to do the job and give him a few expenses rater dan huge amounts. My gut tells us to go wit either someone young like Canavan or someone or a Cavan man.

Just warning ya's plenty of the bunch that were over here have started to go back home to their clubs. Only a few of us left  ;D

full moon

If Carr was on 40k a year, what on earth are the good managers on?  ???

Myles says Kernan 100k at Galway..... :o

f**king hell what a disgrace those figures are. Do these managers have normal jobs?

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: full moon on August 05, 2010, 11:28:06 PM
If Carr was on 40k a year, what on earth are the good managers on?  ???

Myles says Kernan 100k at Galway..... :o

f**king hell what a disgrace those figures are. Do these managers have normal jobs?

Why bother playing if you can get paid that much for being a manager? Management is the way to go lads ;D The amount of bluffers that get paid at club level is beyond a joke. I mean in haf the cases their own club's wouldnt hav them.....

Carr had his hands in all sorts of stuff. Cleaned up I reckon. Hat's off to him. He has made the most of himself in that regard. I think his IC managemtn days might be up though.

cavan4sam

Quote from: boojangles on August 05, 2010, 01:04:51 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 27, 2010, 04:21:37 PM
Quote from: cavan4sam on July 27, 2010, 02:32:06 PM
Lads did ye hear that Cavan Gaels are now entered into the Junior B championship and we (Castlerahan) have to play them as Redhills are unable to field a team. What do the rest of ye think of this?

If your team is as strong as it was last year you's should have no problems. Best B team I'v seen.

Wednesday 04th August 2010

Hotel Kilmore Junior B Special Competition

Cavan Gaels  0-12 0-7 Castlerahan  Cavan Gaels

I'm guessing C4Sam ain't a happy bunny today.

Ah was a bit pissed pff over how the whole thing was done but at the end of the day the better team won and fair play to them. We were never going to win it this year anyway but if the draw had still been Redhills and Crosserlough I would have been looking at maybe a semi final.