Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breffni_Yank

The Gaels only drew with Ramor? I know plenty of the younger lads are out here but I wudda thought that they would have enough to get by. Are the likes of Forde still plane?

Is Declan McKiernans injury bad?

Watched the Kildare match in a pub yesterday. They really showed what can be done if a man comes on with a proper idea of what he wants to do with a team. Do we try to find someone like him or will it be Terry Hyland?

Could someone tell me if 2 are still going through from the Killinkere/Cootehill/Bailieboro group? I have been told Yes and No from people at home!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on August 02, 2010, 02:25:52 PM
The Gaels only drew with Ramor? I know plenty of the younger lads are out here but I wudda thought that they would have enough to get by. Are the likes of Forde still plane?

Watched the Kildare match in a pub yesterday. They really showed what can be done if a man comes on with a proper idea of what he wants to do with a team. Do we try to find someone like him or will it be Terry Hyland?

Could someone tell me if 2 are still going through from the Killinkere/Cootehill/Bailieboro group? I have been told Yes and No from people at home!

Yea 2 coming out of each group.  We're through now and Killinkere need to beat Bailieboro to get through, anything else and the Shamrocks will go into the quarters
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

McKiernan has Gilmores groin. Quite disgracefully in the 1st group game against Drumgoon he was started even though he could hardly walk. He asked to come off and management refused, so he played the whole game and him crippled. Now he is out for the rest of the championship. Evidence to see an idiotic attitude to young players is alive and well in the county. Similar yesterday Austin Fitz got a bad knock, could hardly run and was left on for 15 minutes before they did the right thing and subbed him - only then to put him on again with 1 minute left!

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 02, 2010, 05:20:22 PM

McKiernan has Gilmores groin. Quite disgracefully in the 1st group game against Drumgoon he was started even though he could hardly walk. He asked to come off and management refused, so he played the whole game and him crippled. Now he is out for the rest of the championship. Evidence to see an idiotic attitude to young players is alive and well in the county. Similar yesterday Austin Fitz got a bad knock, could hardly run and was left on for 15 minutes before they did the right thing and subbed him - only then to put him on again with 1 minute left!
i seen Declan McKiernan was listed and wondered if Killeshandra would maybe chance him for a last 10 minute job at FF,good to see sense prevailed.
I noticed that about Fitzpatrick too myles,he wasnt taken off and shunted into full forward even though it was clear he wasnt fit to walk.Killeshandra were playing with 14 men for about 10-15 minutes.
What did you think about the killeshandra waterboy striking Colm Reily Myles ??  ::)
hopefully Ray isnt too bad after his knock also.

mylestheslasher

I heard McKiernan (who was water boy for the day) struck one of your players and then got a box from cullivan afterwards,it was of the ball so i didn't see it either. I have to say it was a right niggly match and again not for the 1st time it is clear there are serious disciplinary problems with some of our players which management does not seem to be dealing with. You have lads like Colm Duffy, Adie Burns that play honest hard ball but never get involved in that sort of crap and then you have young lads in their early 20's always leaving the boot in when they get a chance. I know rightly where it has come from but this management have to sort it our or it could cost them big one day.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 02, 2010, 07:36:56 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 02, 2010, 07:20:41 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 02, 2010, 05:20:22 PM

i seen Declan McKiernan was listed and wondered if Killeshandra would maybe chance him for a last 10 minute job at FF,good to see sense prevailed.
I noticed that about Fitzpatrick too myles,he wasnt taken off and shunted into full forward even though it was clear he wasnt fit to walk.Killeshandra were playing with 14 men for about 10-15 minutes.
What did you think about the killeshandra waterboy striking Colm Reily Myles ??  ::) ,
hopefully Ray isnt too bad after his knock also.

Not  sure what you are on about there bhm, i didn't see  any of our management team hit anyone and none of the managers/selectors have sons playing (pm me the details if you like). I heard McKiernan (who was water boy for the day) struck one of your players and then got a box from cullivan afterwards,it was of the ball so i didn't see it either. I have to say it was a right niggly match and again not for the 1st time it is clear there are serious disciplinary problems with some of our players which management does not seem to be dealing with. You have lads like Colm Duffy, Adie Burns that play honest hard ball but never get involved in that sort of crap and then you have young lads in their early 20's always leaving the boot in when they get a chance. I know rightly where it has come from but this management have to sort it our or it could cost them big one day.

ah that was the lad i was talking about,i thought he was a part of the management as he was along the line in beside Killeshandra dugouts.
il retract that bit,if ya dont mind,deleting it from your quote,dont want to label the selectors/management for something they didnt do.

mylestheslasher

BHM - All clear except from the bit in the middle of quoted text in your last post. Revising posts is tiresome!

full moon

Again not to drag names into but I believe it was Mcrudden that struck out at McKiernan not Cullivan.

Agree with your other point there Myles, I believe the Kind red card in the second half was completely stupid. No need for it at all and nearly cost ye the championship.

full moon

Heard some results from the Minor Championship today.

Killan Gaels defeated Lavey

Ramor defeated Cavan Gaels by 1 point

Both league finalists knocked out in the QF.

Celt_Man

Only getting back to myself now after a tough few days...

Can't believe Ballyhaise shot themselves in the foot on Sunday, fair play to Killeshandra at the same time though.  Was at the Goonie - Bridge game on Friday, they had an impressive winning margin without being terribly impressive - if that makes any sense.  Bridge missed 2 - 1 just after the break when they were 4 down, they were never gonna get anything from the game

Am I right in saying that Ballyhaise need to beat Drumgoon by 7 or more to get into the quarter finals??

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 03, 2010, 07:22:17 PM

Can't believe Ballyhaise shot themselves in the foot on Sunday, fair play to Killeshandra at the same time though.  Was at the Goonie - Bridge game on Friday, they had an impressive winning margin without being terribly impressive - if that makes any sense.  Bridge missed 2 - 1 just after the break when they were 4 down, they were never gonna get anything from the game

Am I right in saying that Ballyhaise need to beat Drumgoon by 7 or more to get into the quarter finals??
something like that CM
all 4 teams can actually still qualify for the quarter finals,there could be a 3 way playoff between ourselves,Bridge,Killeshandra,if goonies beat us and bridge beat k'shandra.However if Ballyhaise beat Drumgoon and K'shandra beat B'bridge,B'haise have to win by a certain amount to get through.Thats what i was told tonight at training anyway,im still confused over it  :P.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 04, 2010, 12:52:10 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on August 03, 2010, 07:22:17 PM

something like that CM
all 4 teams can actually still qualify for the quarter finals,there could be a 3 way playoff between ourselves,Bridge,Killeshandra,if goonies beat us and bridge beat k'shandra.However if Ballyhaise beat Drumgoon and K'shandra beat B'bridge,B'haise have to win by a certain amount.Thats what i was told tonight at training anyway.

i.e. it's a clusterfuck... gonna be some calculating done along the sidelines of the two matches...

Swadman

Could Joe Kiernan's name be in the hat now? Just heard he might get gate from Galway tonight.
Do we want him? Too expensive? (not a Cavan man ::))flopped with the tribesmen.

cavanmaniac

Cavan doesn't deserve someone of the stature of Joe Kernan but I'd have him in a flash. Understands the levels required to win a modern All-Ireland - he probably invented a good few of them - and he didn't do too badly with Galway when you consider the length of time he got to impose what was going to be a very different way of doing things there. I'm very surprised he's gone so soon.

I think even our primadonnas would respect him and work for him, and he'd put a regime in place that any unconvinced players would be happy to join, in terms of professionalism.

I'm not saying he's our saviour but we could do an awful lot worse - King, Hyland etc. - at this point in time. Kernan could at least get us competing again and playing to out full potential inside two years.

Denn Forever

Quote from: cavanmaniac on August 04, 2010, 10:51:43 AM
Kernan could at least get us competing again and playing to out full potential inside two years.

I'd love to see him but would he get 2 years?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...