Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Castlerahan bet Killygarry
Drumlane bet Knockbride
Drumalee bet Laragh

Who needs the Arva website when ya have Boo

cavanmaniac

King and Hyland? Two wrongs won't make a right.

It amazes me how the manager carries the can and gets short shrift in Cavan all the time yet the cosy confederacy of dunces that appoint them in the first place, ill-considered appointment after ill-considered appointment, never have to answer to anyone.

Monkeys appointing clowns to run a circus and expecting to get a football team.

If they instal this duo, it'll be more of the same, according to all available informed knowledge and opinion both inside the confines of this board and without.

Ach do you know what? I just couldn't give a boillix any more.

Celt_Man

We drew with Bailieboro - sp we're through to the quarters now
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Swadman

Quote from: cavanmaniac on July 31, 2010, 10:09:35 PM
King and Hyland? Two wrongs won't make a right.

It amazes me how the manager carries the can and gets short shrift in Cavan all the time yet the cosy confederacy of dunces that appoint them in the first place, ill-considered appointment after ill-considered appointment, never have to answer to anyone.

Monkeys appointing clowns to run a circus and expecting to get a football team.

If they instal this duo, it'll be more of the same, according to all available informed knowledge and opinion both inside the confines of this board and without.

Ach do you know what? I just couldn't give a boillix any more.
I HAVE TO DISSAGREE FUNDAMENTALLY WITH YOU THERE, Cavan Maniac.
Its Clowns appointing Monkeys to run the circus !!!

mylestheslasher

Was in Breffni today to see the Leaguers come back from the dead against Ballyhaise. Ballyhaise were on top for large periods in the 1st half and the 3rd quarter dominating in the middle and managing to isolate Tierney inside on an injured colm duffy. Leaguers were in dissarray when they were 8-3 down and had two men sent off (Paddy King straight red and 2 yellows Daniel Luby) But then Cullivan went off injured. Then Thomais Reilly woke up and kicked two magnificent points along with one from Sean McKiernan to put 2 in it. A wonderful ball from Thomais into Shane Murphy resulted in a penalty which was missed 1st time by Cillian Reilly but ref McQuillan ordered it to be retaken as the goalie encroached on the kicker. He scored the 2nd and the teams swapped points at the end but the leaguers held on. Super win for our lads but B'haise will be kicking themselves for not making more when the were dominating. Some exciting prospects on the Killeshandra team especially Bosco Reilly, Cillian Reilly, Thomais Reilly and Damian Higgins. Best for the Haise were Tierney who was very dangerous and Cullivan in the middle. Group now wide open.

Theobald

I was checking up the Intermediate Championship results there and I see cavan Gaels conceded the result to Bailieboro. What's the story there? Did they pull out of the competition altogether?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Theobald on August 01, 2010, 06:33:38 PM
I was checking up the Intermediate Championship results there and I see cavan Gaels conceded the result to Bailieboro. What's the story there? Did they pull out of the competition altogether?

Yes due to some administration c**k up they are out. See earlier in this thread for much discussion.

Terry Coyle

Drew with Ramor today - poor performance from our lads. Ramor were well up for it and could have won it if they took their goal chance in second half. Leaves us on 3 points, Ballinagh on 3 and Ramor on 2. Lavey out. Tight for second now - we nee to beat Ballinagh so on that will go for Ramor to pip second.

full moon

Well I think the hype about Mickey G being the new county manager should be put to bed today. Looks like he won't even get Ballyhaise out of the group this year.

Pathetic, and Killeshandra missing Declan McKiernan. Quite clearly have the best panel of players IMO, he isn't getting the best out of them.

Also shows what an utter waste of time League football is in this county.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: full moon on August 01, 2010, 08:24:58 PM
Well I think the hype about Mickey G being the new county manager should be put to bed today. Looks like he won't even get Ballyhaise out of the group this year.

Pathetic, and Killeshandra missing Declan McKiernan. Quite clearly have the best panel of players IMO, he isn't getting the best out of them.

Cheer up Full Moon. Sure weren't Meath bet so all us not lost. Didn't realise you were from Ballyhaise. Not sure how the leaguers got into the game, I suppose with so many men in front of them when 2 men down they just had to shoot on site and some of the points they got were fantastic. Killeshandras line was poor today and allowed Tierney to be left 1 on 1 with Colm Duffy but even with all the possession they never put enough good balls into him. I still think the Haise can win the last match and force a 3 way tie on 4 pts assuming the Leaguers can beat the Bridge.

full moon

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 01, 2010, 08:36:59 PM
Quote from: full moon on August 01, 2010, 08:24:58 PM

Cheer up Full Moon. Sure weren't Meath bet so all us not lost. Didn't realise you were from Ballyhaise. Not sure how the leaguers got into the game, I suppose with so many men in front of them when 2 men down they just had to shoot on site and some of the points they got were fantastic. Killeshandras line was poor today and allowed Tierney to be left 1 on 1 with Colm Duffy but even with all the possession they never put enough good balls into him. I still think the Haise can win the last match and force a 3 way tie on 4 pts assuming the Leaguers can beat the Bridge.

Suppose the Meath defeat was the only plus point. On the 2 games left, after today I fancy Drumgoon to win against us.

And I have heard that even a win may not be enough, that it goes down to points difference so we need to win by a certain high amount. That is assuming ye beat the Brdige, which may not be too easy either if they are up for it.

If changes aren't made in the last game, it's good night Vienna.

LaurelEye

Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

BallyhaiseMan

dont even want to discuss today,
Fair play to Killeshandra,other teams would have fell apart going down to 13 men.

PS i didnt know full moon was one of us.
i always thought his opinions and posts were on the ball!!!

Swadman

Great result for ye, Myles. Fair play to Killeshandra for battling on and not dropping the heads.
Some teams can be over reliant on one star player and when they are off the field self belief ebbs away. Killeshandra had a couple of weeks to get used to being without Declan McKiernan. We had a month without Gearoid but it takes a couple of games for the rest of the team to realise that THEY have to step up and perform, not sit back and watch the "star" do it for them.
Its unfortunate for ye to loose Declan at this stage in the championship but I hear he a a bad groin injury and might be out for a few months. If everyone else steps up and shows that battling spirit then the loss can be overcome somewhat.

Swadman

Yea, great to see Meath bate, and we turned over the Reds for ye too ;D