Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Good win for us yesterday - can't believe I saw another 13 man victory over 15!!

One comment for the ref - can't actually believe someone could be that bad.  He was an absloutely scandal - sent off 2 boys for damn all and keep men on the field who should have got the line.  Hope he never gets another game
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 27, 2010, 12:02:00 AM
Good win for us yesterday - can't believe I saw another 13 man victory over 15!!

One comment for the ref - can't actually believe someone could be that bad.  He was an absloutely scandal - sent off 2 boys for damn all and keep men on the field who should have got the line.  Hope he never gets another game

Who was the ref?

PhilsJemmysField

Sheamus O'Connor Meathman from Carnaross refs for Maghera. His second yellow for the second chap from Cootehill was very very soft. Overall he was poor in a very very poor game. Where John McCutch was the best man by a long way

cavan4sam

Lads did ye hear that Cavan Gaels are now entered into the Junior B championship and we (Castlerahan) have to play them as Redhills are unable to field a team. What do the rest of ye think of this?

boojangles

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on July 27, 2010, 12:23:28 PM
Sheamus O'Connor Meathman from Carnaross refs for Maghera. His second yellow for the second chap from Cootehill was very very soft. Overall he was poor in a very very poor game. Where John McCutch was the best man by a long way

Scandalous refereeing. How he is getting championship games is a joke. Sent off 2 corner backs for SFA and didnt send off McCarney.
Mc Cutcheon was the difference. Outstanding game.

boojangles

Quote from: cavan4sam on July 27, 2010, 02:32:06 PM
Lads did ye hear that Cavan Gaels are now entered into the Junior B championship and we (Castlerahan) have to play them as Redhills are unable to field a team. What do the rest of ye think of this?

If your team is as strong as it was last year you's should have no problems. Best B team I'v seen.
Not sure how it was allowed but does it really suprise you. Another back track from the powers that be.

cavanforever

this really amazes me if its true. they cant field a team for intermediate but now all of a sudden they can for jun b, this is just because they were not capable of winning the intermediate and the gaels  as you know have to win. anyway were the gaels 2nd team not playing jun a last year so how could they move up a grade, could someone explain this?

boojangles it was some jun b team that crahan had last year but many of that team will now be unavailable with lads away and a few having played for the seniors

cavan4sam

Not near as strong as last year lads, We have lost a number of lads through emigration so we will actually struggle to get a second 15 out but if the draw had stayed the way it was I would have been confident we could have progressed to the semi final at least.

I don't fully understand the reasons why they had to pull out of the Intermediate, something to do with not regrading players and not that they wouldn't be able to field a 15, if some1 could explain this to me further I would be grateful.

Apparently the CB are keen on giving the managers job to some1 from within the county and not an outside man....

Celt_Man

The ref was an unholy disgrace the other day, I'm sure it wasn't the best of games to watch - probably exciting enough at the end.  McCutcheon had a serious game - kicked an unreal point which turned out to be the winner in the end.  Thought one of our subs had a great game too ended up with 1 - 3 and nearly set up one of the best goals you would of seen in Breffni this year only for one of our wing backs to eh... fluff his lines!!  ;D

Bailieboro will be a totally different animal and if we play like we did in the first half, we'll be more than 3 points behind at half time anyway

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on July 27, 2010, 07:03:00 PM
If the Gaels are in Junior B now that is a fecking joke. It goes to show that they only pulled out because they didn't think they could win.

If they go for an inside man it will be Hyland. Three provincial finals with u21's, Juniors and Lavey in one year and I think he was there under Val Andrews when we last had a bit of success.

And as for O'Connor, I won't comment. Is he still wearing the white boots? Apparently he refs over her because Meath won't give him games - not sure if that is true or not

In fairness to the Gaels I think its a bit different - if they had to play 7 or 8 minors to field a team - completing in the Junior B championship rather than the Intermediate Championship but it is a strange turn of events to be honest....

Heard that about O'Connor not getting games in Meath - if true, you'd think someone would have taken two and a half seconds to wonder why??  With any kuck, he'll not get another game here now either

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on July 27, 2010, 07:14:44 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on July 27, 2010, 07:08:57 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 27, 2010, 07:03:00 PM
If the Gaels are in Junior B now that is a fecking joke. It goes to show that they only pulled out because they didn't think they could win.

If they go for an inside man it will be Hyland. Three provincial finals with u21's, Juniors and Lavey in one year and I think he was there under Val Andrews when we last had a bit of success.

And as for O'Connor, I won't comment. Is he still wearing the white boots? Apparently he refs over her because Meath won't give him games - not sure if that is true or not

In fairness to the Gaels I think its a bit different - if they had to play 7 or 8 minors to field a team - completing in the Junior B championship rather than the Intermediate Championship but it is a strange turn of events to be honest....

Heard that about O'Connor not getting games in Meath - if true, you'd think someone would have taken two and a half seconds to wonder why??  With any kuck, he'll not get another game here now either

If there are 8 minors startign when that championship comes around I will walk down Cootehill main street naked in broad daylight.
They would rather a junior B title on their shelf rather than making up the numbers in the intermediate IMO.

Mindgames aside CM, I think you now have a massive advantage in that your boys have a championship game under their belts

Jaysus PIU, that first half of that post was mind games enough without the second bit!!  ;D

Of course if we win, the championship win under our belts was a massive advantage if ye win it'll be that you were far fresher having not played the week before!!

Terry Coyle

PIU every post recently from you is anti Gaels so get over it. We dont really care what you think or will ever care what you think.

We should not have been in the intermediate championship in the first place, we didnt even win the Junior. We entered the Junior B to give lads football who have been training all year plus a few lads who will be getting calls to come out of retirement. There will be a few names playing who wouldnt even get on the Bailiborough team and thats saying a lot.

Terry Coyle

And cavan4sam, people at a county board meeting had an opportunity to object if they wanted - Now I am assuming there was a Castlerahan rep there and said nothing.

BigMac

Now now Terry, dont turn this into the Hoganstand with your childish "everyone is against us, but we don't care because it's Gaels against the world and we are going to win anyway, get over it" attitude.  ::)
And please just read over your post, acknowledge it was a bit childish, and forget about it. Dont get into a hissy fit, and start a bitching session.

Any predictions for the games at the weekend lads?
Ballinagh v Lavey - Close to call. Go for a Lavey win.
Denn v Belturbet - Belturbet
Castlerahan v Killygarry - Castlerahan
Lacken v Crosserlough - Lacken
Ramor Utd v Cavan Gaels - Gaels
Kingscourt v Blackwater Gaels - Kingscourt
Cuchulainns v Redhills - Cuchulainns
Gowna v Mullahoran - Local derby. Draw.

Terry Coyle

Quote from: BigMac on July 28, 2010, 10:14:20 AM
Now now Terry, dont turn this into the Hoganstand with your childish "everyone is against us, but we don't care because it's Gaels against the world and we are going to win anyway, get over it" attitude.  ::)
And please just read over your post, acknowledge it was a bit childish, and forget about it. Dont get into a hissy fit, and start a bitching session.

Now when did I turn this into a everyone is against us arguement. I mentioned one person. I wont start a bitching session but this a forum so I'm allowed to voice my opinions. Don't tell me what to write or not to write.

I acknowledged in another post that we fu**ed up. I can totally understand why cavan4sam might be pi**ed off but other lad just got to me. I have calmed down now anyway so we'll move on.

BTW that ref from Meath is a shocker. We had him once for a game and I think both sets of players were going to take the head off him which is a bad sign.

Ballinagh v Lavey - Ballinagh
Denn v Belturbet - Belturbet
Castlerahan v Killygarry - Castlerahan
Lacken v Crosserlough - Lacken
Ramor Utd v Cavan Gaels - Gaels
Kingscourt v Blackwater Gaels - Kingscourt
Cuchulainns v Redhills - Cuchulainns
Gowna v Mullahoran - Mullahoran