Celt_Man

Hotel Kilmore Senior Football Championship Group 3

Ballinagh  1-7 1-7 Ramor United 
Lavey  0-6 1-13 Cavan Gaels 

Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Football Championship Group 1

Knockbride  1-15 1-7 Drung  Cootehill Round 1
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Any word on the Drumlane Ballymachugh game?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

sheelinside

drumlane won by 1-10 to 0-07.  ballymachugh winning by 0-05 to 0-04 at half time.

The Konica

Quote from: sheelinside on July 24, 2010, 03:40:49 AM
drumlane won by 1-10 to 0-07.  ballymachugh winning by 0-05 to 0-04 at half time.
03.40?

That game ended late!
Extra Time?

BallyhaiseMan

Lads ive figured it out
The Konica  is Pete McGrath,who is posting on here to find out about football in the county,be nice to him and he might take the job  ;D

Seen the Gaels against Lavey last night,very small crowd,less than a hundred in the stand where i was.
Gaels 1-13 Lavey 0-6,Gaels never got out of second gear.
Laveys Fergal Smith done well on Seanie,
Niall Smith and Niall Murrary were outstanding for the Gaels, as were Dominic and Sean Reily at Centre field who destroyed Sean Maguire and Karl Duke. Eamon Reily,Karl Crotty and Gearoid Collins were very good in the half back line,its good especially to see Gearoid back playing,super footballer.
The Gaels have some strength in depth

Terry Coyle will no doubt correct me, but they were without the following from what i could see
Pauric Smith,John Gurhy,Gavin Duffy and Cormac Neiligan didnt start,
Darren Rabbitte,Nicholas Walsh was missing
Daniel Graham,Conor McClarey and Robert Maloney Derham,are in the States i believe.

Lavey from last year were missing Conor Martin(Goalkeeper), Damien Smith(midfielder) and Shane Tierney, Mark Brady. Kevin Brady didnt start,they missed 4/5 scoreable chances in the first half,and their goalkeepers kickouts which barely passed the 45 killed them.
They will put it up to Ballinagh and Ramor though.

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 24, 2010, 04:25:58 PM
Lads ive figured it out
The Konica  is Pete McGrath,who is posting on here to find out about football in the county,be nice to him and he might take the job  ;D

BH Man I think you mean he's on here to tell us how football should be run in the county. That man, whoever he is, knows more about Cavan, Ulster and football in general than most of us.
I'm guessing the Konica will disappear into cyberspace before Xmas. He will have got a job with some county by then I'd say!!

BallyhaiseMan

Ballyhaise 1-16 BBridge 2-10
Poor stuff from our lads,only played good football in patches.
Any other results???

beer baron

Gowna and Denn drew,not sure on score,about Denn 1-09 to Gowna 0-12.

boojangles

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on July 25, 2010, 12:30:10 AM
Kill 1-08 Drumalee 1-06

thats a bit of a shocker,what happened yas boojangles?

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 25, 2010, 12:34:14 AM
Quote from: boojangles on July 25, 2010, 12:30:10 AM
Kill 1-08 Drumalee 1-06

thats a bit of a shocker,what happened yas boojangles?

Didnt kill (excuse the pun) them off. 3points up in 2nd half and they dominated the last 10. Getting an equaliser with 3 minutes to go,then a free and a penalty which they pointed. We never make it easy for ourselves.

The Konica

Quote from: boojangles on July 24, 2010, 04:56:10 PM
Lads ive figured it out

BH Man I think you mean he's on here to tell us how football should be run in the county. That man, whoever he is, knows more about Cavan, Ulster and football in general than most of us.
I'm guessing the Konica will disappear into cyberspace before Xmas. He will have got a job with some county by then I'd say!!
:D  :D  :D  :D

Ha ha! I'm not so sure about any of that boys.

I expected Monaghan to put it up to Kildare and Louth to at least compete with Dublin - so shows what I know!

I'm interested in Cavan for the following reasons -
- You've a unique strong tradition. Down, Kerry, Dublin, Meath and only one or two others can boast that kind of legacy. Never underestimate it's value.
- Fanatical Fans - will go everywhere and anywhere & hungry for success
- No competing Hurling to fight with for players
- Close enogh to Dublin that players can come home for training on week nights if need be, same for the West
- Wealthy 'enough' county, in other words can afford to run a county team (if someone knew how to!)
- Good footballers - well no better and no worse than anywhere else, so that should be enough if they were prepared properly
- It's about time Cavan gave someone a run for their money, tired looking at Tyrone, Armagh and Monaghan flying Ulsters flag

I'm convinced that of all the counties around you could turn things around and get a proper steam up and running if the attitude was right and the right people were in charge.

The 2 biggest problems appear to be
(1) the club scene - Cavan Gaels domination is no good for Cavan - or them! They get no proper competition in the county and when they get to Ulster they get embarrassed.
(2) the quality of people running the County set up (No offense meant). Well if you can look at that county team set up for 2 years you have to ask questions don't you?

Well that's the view from the outside ... I could be wrong.

Hopefully McGrath or whoever will come in and change those things for the better - or you'll have the same problem. To get things running you need to address the club thing first. McGrath would do worse than look at McHughs approach when he came in as I think it would be successful (initially) in getting things rolling.
It would get Cavan to the stage Monaghan are at now, but that'd be it, to progress beyond that you'd need to change the approach. But initially getting going, that approach would be good.

... neh ... what do I know!

Terry Coyle

The Gaels have some strength in depth

Terry Coyle will no doubt correct me, but they were without the following from what i could see
Pauric Smith,John Gurhy,Gavin Duffy and Cormac Neiligan didnt start,
Darren Rabbitte,Nicholas Walsh was missing
Daniel Graham,Conor McClarey and Robert Maloney Derham,are in the States i believe.

You can add Micheal Lyng, Martin Dunne, Kevin Meehan, Declan Meehan and Mark Leddy to that list. Not a bad second team to have if they were about.

We did what we had to - if Lavey had have taken some of the easy chances they had in the first half then it could have been a draw or close enough at half time. Goal killed the game off in second half.

Good points by Konica except one. I know we have never won in Ulster but to say we embarrass ourselves is over the top. Not too many teams took St. Galls to extra time with 4 sent off (that was embarrassing). And any other game we have lost has been close enough.

Cucus bet Kingscourt by a point was a bit of a shock as well. Expected Kingscourt to go far enough this year. Mullahoran Belturbet tonight should be an interesting one. Mullahoran by a point! Very close game.

boojangles

Cootehill beat Killinkere by 1 point with 13 men.
Killygarry beat Crosserlough by 1 point.
Mullahoran and Belturbet drew.
Redhills beat Blackwater by 2 goals.
Swad bet Shannon Gaels by 3 points.