put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 12, 2010, 05:54:03 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 12, 2010, 12:54:57 PM
Quote from: crack on July 12, 2010, 12:21:02 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 12, 2010, 12:04:00 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 12, 2010, 11:52:47 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 12, 2010, 09:50:34 AM
Crack, are you from Cavan or Cork?

Doesn't matter as its good to get outside input/analysis.
I'm not trying to censor him/her. I'm just bewildered by some of the points made and am wondering how he/she has such knowledge of the Cavan scene.

Would you say my points are positive or negative???

I would say your posts sound like a certain Gentleman's from Hoganstand who is emplyed in Breffni Park  ::)

Thought he sounded like that bollox too...

His use of Language reminds me of someone anyway! Rambles in posts and you can't make heads nor tails of them at times  ;D Maybe it is myself I am thinking of  8)

I cant believe Tynan said on the radio that your man from Breffni was interested in the job. I mean, come on! You know your in trouble when you tune into the oppositions local radion station instead of your own. When are NS gonna freshen up and get some sense in there?

I wonder if the CB will say something to the Celt this week. The new chairman has a chance now to show he really means business and it would be interesting to hear what he has to say,..

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on July 12, 2010, 07:36:30 PM
I cant believe Tynan said on the radio that your man from Breffni was interested in the job. I mean, come on! You know your in trouble when you tune into the oppositions local radion station instead of your own. When are NS gonna freshen up and get some sense in there?

I actually came very close to bouncing the radio off the wall when I heard that shite on Saturday.  To actually entertain the notion enough to broadcast it on the radio is nothing short of a scandal but not too surprised either
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

JUst retired

Thats a first. Get beaten in a football game and blame the local radio station ! :D

PhilsJemmysField

Mr Hyland will be the front runner as he very definitely wants the job, but would really need a strong back-room team to add a bit of real science to the training. He will be the ultimate County Board pick, cheap and will agree with whatever he is given. Maybe Ciaran Brady will throw his hat into the ring as well, so who was named by Tynan as interested in job. Right now from what I have seen of Div 1 and 2 football this year we are definitely lacking big mobile men to place around the centre diamond  so we need an extremely dedicated bunch in that area to start to compete.

JMohan

Quote from: JUst retired on July 13, 2010, 07:59:35 AM
Thats a first. Get beaten in a football game and blame the local radio station ! :D

Funniest post of the day!

Denn Forever

I know its from Hoganstand but are people thinking this? 
You'l have to change your footer again BHM

A open letter to Donal Keogan...................................................

All those smart asses that hounded you out of office Donal were all wrong.
I know that you have the interest of Cavan football at heart and that you got a raw deal from people that should know better( But the lord says God forgive those that know not what the do)Should you decided to return to us in our hour of need I feel that it will give great satisfaction to your self and to all of us.
On your return clear out that mess of people that the recent incumbert left behind. Place all the clip boards and diet sheets, in the bin and lets get back to good old fashioned football of Cavan style of old. I breaks my heart to see that we as a once great county that was feared by many are now down in the lowest level possible. 
13/07/2010 13:54:13

And he explains why

In reponse to your question, I could quote many reasons for Donals return
No 1 He is home grown.
No 2 He is a Cavan man at heart.
No 3 He is a successful busness man.
No 4 His life/ family are deeply immersed in GAA.
No 5 He was progressive in hi s outlook.
No 6 He is a man that cannot suffer fools.
No 7 Only for a lasy minute goal he would still be in cvharge.
No 8 He was not a clip board man.
Will I go on or will I just say There are none so blind as those that do not wish to see (Old testament ) book of letters .

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Logan

Quote from: put-it-up on July 11, 2010, 01:35:13 AM
Quote from: full moon on July 11, 2010, 01:28:24 AM
Yes he is, unofficially though as the CB didn't want him as a club manager and county minor manager.

But he is the manager, although maybe not in name anymore. He just gives instructions from behind the dug out in Ballyhaise instead of the sideline,
\

Haha, is he Cavan's first Director of Football  ;D
No.

That's Bart McEnroe

cavan4sam

Bart is a Sports Psychologist

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 13, 2010, 03:56:08 PM
I know its from Hoganstand but are people thinking this? 
You'l have to change your footer again BHM

A open letter to Donal Keogan...................................................

All those smart asses that hounded you out of office Donal were all wrong.
I know that you have the interest of Cavan football at heart and that you got a raw deal from people that should know better( But the lord says God forgive those that know not what the do)Should you decided to return to us in our hour of need I feel that it will give great satisfaction to your self and to all of us.
On your return clear out that mess of people that the recent incumbert left behind. Place all the clip boards and diet sheets, in the bin and lets get back to good old fashioned football of Cavan style of old. I breaks my heart to see that we as a once great county that was feared by many are now down in the lowest level possible. 
13/07/2010 13:54:13

And he explains why

In reponse to your question, I could quote many reasons for Donals return
No 1 He is home grown.
No 2 He is a Cavan man at heart.
No 3 He is a successful busness man.
No 4 His life/ family are deeply immersed in GAA.
No 5 He was progressive in hi s outlook.
No 6 He is a man that cannot suffer fools.
No 7 Only for a lasy minute goal he would still be in cvharge.
No 8 He was not a clip board man.
Will I go on or will I just say There are none so blind as those that do not wish to see (Old testament ) book of letters .

I don't read HS much but have seen this lad's posts and I am about 95% convinced that he's a piss-taker so I wouldn't pay much attention to it. Now that would be worth at least a brief laugh - Keoghan being reappointed. Does anyone else find it a little odd that Carr gave an interview from the team bus stating that he had not resigned but that he's believed to have told the players he's gone. It's not exactly clear what the position is.

full moon

Donal Keoghan back in charge, oh dear lets let that rubbish stay on hoganstand.
Of course he could bring his Pimp attire that he loved showing off at the hen festival and do a dance on the sideline, it can't get any worse anyway.

mylestheslasher

He is certainly a total piss taker. I remember after one  the league games he wrote this big long ode to Keoghan and it was clocked on his post as being written  minutes before the end of the match. What a joker.

Donal Keoghan, the thought of that fool coming back would drive me to give Carr 3 more years!

As to the real question my feeling is we are going to have to take a punt on an unknown quantity. Ciaran Brady maybe within the county or maybe someone like Peter Canavan looking for a chance to cut his teeth in management. Forget about the mercenaries and so called big names, we need to get a Jason Ryan type that can inspire the players to play to their potential.

anglocelt39

Hard to imagine Canavan wanting to start his inter county managerial career with us. Imagine he might weigh it up and come to the conclusion that there's too high a probability of getting his career off to a poor start. It's the fellas flying below the radar that would be more likely to take us on I would have thought (Jason Ryan/Glen Ryan being recent examples), finding those lads is a whole different issue. Regarding local talent, Terry Hyland was part of TC's team, I think.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mrgaa1

Surely Cavan's problems stem much further than the county team.  When was the last time Cavan won an Ulster minor or U-21 title?  Are there development squads in Cavan at U-15, 16, 17?  When level are coach's at ?  Are clubs now ensuring that their coach's are level 1 and attend coaching courses?  When was the lat time time a Cavan Club won an Ulster title? and when before that?
Other counties are reaping the rewards of better and much improved under-age structure so that players that come through to inter-county level are fitter, stronger, more rounded players who are coached by excellent coachs outside of their club.
Looking in from the outside Cavan have no direction, no rudder.  OF course the county team is the shop window but if the stuff being put in the window is seriously flawed...... 
Cork are an exceptional team and it will take a physical team full of MEN who can play football to beat them.  How Kerry beat them I don't know but it will take some team to beat them to stop them winning Sam this year.
If it was me I wouldn't look outside the county for the manager, but I would look outside for backroom staff.  Remove the dead wood, clear out and start with last years U-21's and build on them because, quite frankly, can it get any worse?

Denn Forever

1996 and no it can't get much worse.  But we'll give it a damn good try.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavanmaniac

If anyone but Keogan had bought themselves the management position in charge of the minor team the year Flanagan, Mackey, Cillian Sheridan etc. was on it, we'd have an All-Ireland minor in the bag I'm convinced of it.

Last-minute choking in the Ulster U21 final and headlessness by Gaynor cost us an U21 under Eamon Coleman and this year, the hare-brained decision by Hyland to leave Rory Dunne one-on-one with Donegal's Michael Murphy probably cost us another.

It's all a bit "if me aunty had balls she'd be me uncle", I know that, but there's players in Cavan can get us competing if we'd only organise ourselves.

Interestingly, heard Carr on Maudlin Sound saying that it's not all down to him, and that "Cavan football needs to look at itself" and ask why there's 8/9 players who don't want to contribute to the county team. Now part of the answer may well be Tommy's poor set up itself but at least he's putting the question out there in the open at last.