crack

Michael Hannon not good enough
John McCutcheon worth going along with honest lad
Alan Clarke MAYBE but not very sure
Martin Cahill heart heart heart but is he up to intercounty football
Dermot Sheridan playes with passion so maybe a bit further out the field
David Givney yes deffo
Gareth Smith no passion and I feel will move on
Seanie Johnson me me me man disruptive in any dressing room, what a shame he cannot be a team player
Cian Mackey not good enough and now with his pub to many late nights so a non starter for next year
Michael Brennan not good enough
Eoin McGuigan works hard but will be there next year I expect
Ronan Flanagan maybe
Mark McKeever yes have to keep him
along with the other players you mention don't forget young Geroid McKiernon
bring back G. Pierson and I am sure that the gales lads will come on board if a few who are on the panel will be removed

Babe Ruth 47

Just bak in the door from Cork. Today turned out to be a beautiful day, so made the most of it. Absolutely disgusted, a turkey shoot. We looked like a team of U-16s,  Cork have some phenominally physical players. A quick question re Walsh, how has he got so far in his football career without the ability to use his hands? Did he cleanly gather possession once throughout the entire game?

Must have heard at least a dozen Cork people comment about how sad it was to see such a proud county, with such a wonderful tradition be absolutely humiliated.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: crack on July 11, 2010, 11:53:32 PM
Michael Hannon not good enough
John McCutcheon worth going along with honest lad
Alan Clarke MAYBE but not very sure
Martin Cahill heart heart heart but is he up to intercounty football
Dermot Sheridan playes with passion so maybe a bit further out the field
David Givney yes deffo
Gareth Smith no passion and I feel will move on
Seanie Johnson me me me man disruptive in any dressing room, what a shame he cannot be a team player
Cian Mackey not good enough and now with his pub to many late nights so a non starter for next year
Michael Brennan not good enough
Eoin McGuigan works hard but will be there next year I expect
Ronan Flanagan maybe
Mark McKeever yes have to keep him
along with the other players you mention don't forget young Geroid McKiernon
bring back G. Pierson and I am sure that the gales lads will come on board if a few who are on the panel will be removed

Can't agree with you on Gareth Smith. One of the better players we had  this year. Even rte radio said that when was sent of against Cork at least he was showing some sort of passion which his Cavan born team mates didn't. He can kick a free, play a pass and take a score. He may need work being done but you have to remember this was his 1st inter county run too. Also think Mackey has something to offer, he seems like a confidence player and somewhere between league and championship he lost his mojo!

crack

Passing through he will move on like Gallagher, Makey has nothing to offer the Intercounty Scene I am sorry. Time to move on, all these players well most of them before they corrupt the next batch coming through if they are not all ready got at.
Smith is a fine player but he will move on, I hope I am wrong but sadly I don't think he will hang around for more of the same if we keep most of the same panel of players because that is all it is. I hope that the new boss will not set his targts too hight for next year but I do hope that his first aim is to get a team we can respect and then promotion from division three. One step at a time.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Crack, are you from Cavan or Cork?

Denn Forever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 12, 2010, 09:50:34 AM

Doesn't matter as its good to get outside input/analysis.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 12, 2010, 11:52:47 AM

I'm not trying to censor him/her. I'm just bewildered by some of the points made and am wondering how he/she has such knowledge of the Cavan scene.

crack

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 12, 2010, 12:04:00 PM

I'm not trying to censor him/her. I'm just bewildered by some of the points made and am wondering how he/she has such knowledge of the Cavan scene.

Would you say my points are positive or negative???

put-it-up

Quote from: crack on July 12, 2010, 12:21:02 PM

I would say your posts sound like a certain Gentleman's from Hoganstand who is emplyed in Breffni Park  ::)

crack

I am not a member of hoganstand nor employed in Breffni Park either just a peson with a view "opinion". ......................................

Lawrence of Knockbride

Well there'll largely negative but that's not what I meant. I just don't agree with a lot of what you said and I'm wondering how someone from Cork would have such a depth of knowledge to have such strong opinions.

crack

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 12, 2010, 01:43:20 PM

I expect that I have lived in Cavan as long if not longer than you have and your reply is typical as to why the situation is as it is here in Cavan. You I expect like many more cannot see beyond the current bunch of players that are representing Cavan but after the last few weeks don't you think its time you sat back and reviewed the whole structure and players that are currently representing Cavan. I suppose it would be fair to say not one of the current players on the senior team would make an impact on many County teams if any at this moment so the sooner that the powers that be stood back and did some constructive thinking the better it will be for the future of the game here in Cavan.
Point of note I am not an arm chair critic and I am a loyal supporter to my adopted county.

Well there'll largely negative but that's not what I meant. I just don't agree with a lot of what you said and I'm wondering how someone from Cork would have such a depth of knowledge to have such strong opinions.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: crack on July 12, 2010, 03:57:04 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 12, 2010, 01:43:20 PM

I expect that I have lived in Cavan as long if not longer than you have and your reply is typical as to why the situation is as it is here in Cavan. You I expect like many more cannot see beyond the current bunch of players that are representing Cavan but after the last few weeks don’t you think its time you sat back and reviewed the whole structure and players that are currently representing Cavan. I suppose it would be fair to say not one of the current players on the senior team would make an impact on many County teams if any at this moment so the sooner that the powers that be stood back and did some constructive thinking the better it will be for the future of the game here in Cavan.
Point of note I am not an arm chair critic and I am a loyal supporter to my adopted county.

An even more bewildering reply hidden away in the middle of a quote.
I simply asked where you were from as you were posting about Cavan but your profile says Cork. I was curious as to how you might know so much or at least have opinions on so much in a different county to the one you're from. Then I simply said that I disagreed with a lot of what you said and you replied that  "you expect" you've lived in Cavan as long as me ( ??? ??? ???) and that you expect that I can't see beyond the current players on the panel. This is all despite the fact that I didn't offer my opinion on the game at all or that I didn't point out what I disagreed with. I am also not an armchair fan although I'm not sure why you threw that in. I expect that you expected me to think you were ;)
Anyway, by the longest way possible I have at least found out what I wanted to know so thanks for that.

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on July 12, 2010, 12:54:57 PM

I would say your posts sound like a certain Gentleman's from Hoganstand who is emplyed in Breffni Park  ::)

Thought he sounded like that bollox too...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010