Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Tipping down the road tomorrow together with a few other east Cavan exiles. Have to confess has been too long since I've seen the County play so will be interesting. Like most others want no more that every lad gives 100% and there is some element of playing like a team on the day.

Regarding Cork city, nobody ever died of hunger or thirst in that town that I know of so there will be crack to be had. Don't expect too much banter from local GAA heads, de City langers will be much more focused on the Munster Hockey final in Thurles the following day.
Expect crowd to be pretty small.

Travel safely and lets think the unthinkable.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Sickened cos I can't make it today. All the best to the lads, I hope they all play at the top of their game and after that you just never know.

Celt_Man

Aye same myself raging I'm missing it but can't be helped.  Hopefully there is some Cork radio station I can listen to on the net so I can avoid Northern Sound
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

full moon

I'm sure yous are happy you didn't go now.

We thought it couldn't be this bad but it is...

crack

What gave you that impression full moon that we would do something? The sooner people on this tread and other treads realize that the whole game from the bottom to the top is in total disarray and an utter shambles. We need to get a complete new management and development that have the future of the game here in Cavan and the wider arena in mind. It's time the minor management were got rid off, the Under 21 the junior and now this so called senior county team management what a shambles.
I feel sorry for all that have passion about the game and those that had the misfortune of travelling to Clones last Sunday with the minors, the junior team last Friday week in Louth which I did and now this so called senior team get rid of everyone of the management right now this coming week before we become the laughing stock of the country if we are not all ready getting it.
Get people who have fresh ideas who will demand respect and the passion for the jersey those that will put County at a higher pedestal than their club.
The sooner that we here in Cavan realise that its like the blind leading the blind  and listening to people who don't have the county at heart just their own importance.
Come on all genuine supporters of the game be vocal and lets get all this mess sorted very soon before it gets any worse.

BallyhaiseMan

To be honest i was expecting something like 1-20 to 1-10  1-11 or something approaching that,
1-19 to 0-04 is just shocking,Jesus even London or Kilkenny would probably score more than that in 70 minutes!!!!
I didnt listen to it on the radio,so i cant comment,im looking forward to hear about what happened from the lads at the game,AC and co.

There needs to be a major clear out of players from the panel,not going to name names,but their are at least 6/7 on there who are not up to it.
f**k it, we could do worse than apoint Micko,he might at least bring Cavan football alive again,because we are rock bottom and on this form we will be in division 4 before long.

INDIANA

Too many sauce merchants. I'm well connected up there and have relations playing up there. Players were on a 4 day bender after losing to fermanagh. I've seen cavan footballers on the batter on the wednesday before NFL games. One cavan captain I saw on the lash 4 days before a championship match wearing his cavan jersey to hide himself from the crowd. Cavan have some of the most natural footballers in the game but have too many pissheads who have more acquaitance when they hit 18 with Johnny Walkers then an O Neills football.

Celt_Man

Quote from: INDIANA on July 10, 2010, 05:36:50 PM
Too many sauce merchants. I'm well connected up there and have relations playing up there. Players were on a 4 day bender after losing to fermanagh. I've seen cavan footballers on the batter on the wednesday before NFL games. One cavan captain I saw on the lash 4 days before a championship match wearing his cavan jersey to hide himself from the crowd. Cavan have some of the most natural footballers in the game but have too many pissheads who have more acquaitance when they hit 18 with Johnny Walkers then an O Neills football.

I think that is the easiest excuse to use... not near the main problem

crack

Now I feel Cork told us how good Johnston is just a small time player in division 3 and 4 games, people say he would walk onto any County team in the 32 counties well you got your answer here he is just not good enough. I have been saying it on another forum week after week that he is not good enough and off course the usual faces saying what would you know or what are you talking about, Yes time to sort out the problem and the sooner the better. What has come forward from the development squad sweet F all. Get rid of all these people and bring in fresh faces, bring in a man who will take no nonsense from players and another area of the county set up this is the only way or we will be forever living in the 40s and 50s. I hope that the County chairman will finally end Mr Carr's Mr Graham & Mr Hyland and their back room staff tenure and bring in new faces.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: crack on July 10, 2010, 05:51:08 PM
Now I feel Cork told us how good Johnston is just a small time player in division 3 and 4 games, people say he would walk onto any County team in the 32 counties well you got your answer here he is just not good enough. I have been saying it on another forum week after week that he is not good enough and off course the usual faces saying what would you know or what are you talking about, Yes time to sort out the problem and the sooner the better. What has come forward from the development squad sweet F all. Get rid of all these people and bring in fresh faces, bring in a man who will take no nonsense from players and another area of the county set up this is the only way or we will be forever living in the 40s and 50s. I hope that the County chairman will finally end Mr Carr's Mr Graham & Mr Hyland and their back room staff tenure and bring in new faces.

I think you are being harsh on Johnstone. He does have some fantastic ability. What he also has is a bit of an attitude problem. I was hopeful that he has begun to move away from that but I don't know. He is still a class act when he puts his mind to it but certainly he has a long way to go before I would put him up there with the top forwards in the game.

Who would you suggest for the new faces to replace Carr, Hyland and Graham? There ain't too many candidates jumping out in front of me.

INDIANA

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 10, 2010, 05:44:19 PM

It isn't . Most of your best underage prospects end up as pissheads. i could name them.

Celt_Man

Quote from: INDIANA on July 10, 2010, 06:50:36 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on July 10, 2010, 05:44:19 PM

It isn't . Most of your best underage prospects end up as pissheads. i could name them.

And I would disagree but sure anyway....

INDIANA

Quote from: crack on July 10, 2010, 05:51:08 PM

Seanie is welcome in Dublin anytime. Amazing the lack of appreciation for a genius. Playing with the cast of Gazza and Jimmy 5 Bellies must be so frustrating for him.

mylestheslasher

Celt_Man

Aye see that there on Hoganstand

Carr resigns as Cavan boss

Cavan manager Tommy Carr
10 July 2010

Tommy's Carr reign as Cavan manager has come to an end following this afternoon's 1-19 to 0-4 defeat to Cork at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Speculation had been rife over the Tipperary native's future after the Breffni men's home defeat to Fermanagh in the Ulster SFC last month, but a miraculous turn around against Wicklow in the first round of the qualifiers offered his team's season a life-line.

However, when the second round draw threw up a trip to Leeside for Cavan hopes weren't high for the Ulster side and an 18-point mauling was the result, after which he informed the players in the dressing-room that he would be stepping down.

Last year, Carr survived a vote of no confidence from the clubs in Cavan at a specially convened county board meeting in August after defeat to Wicklow saw the team suffer an early exit from the All-Ireland SFC.