Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Mr. Pain on July 06, 2010, 04:11:31 PM
Coming soon......

Greetings from the U.S of A.

A friend and a fellow board member recently told me this would be the best site to keep up to date with the thrills and spills of Cavan Football while I make my way around the US.  How are we set for the weekend anyway? My good friend Paddy Power has us at 8/1  ::)

With regards to the above comment from Mr. Pain, were you having a Tom Hank (w*nk) at the time of writing or something?

put-it-up

Quote from: full moon on July 06, 2010, 12:44:15 PM
I think you hit a nerve with another in the closet Gaels man, put it up. Wouldn't mind, I've rarely seen a player get full on criticism never mind abuse fron anyone here. Bar me, I like to stick the knife in.  So that point is null and void.
For a minute I thought it was Seanie himself. But then I thought to myself, after 6 odd years in DCU, I doubt his writing skills were that bad  ;D ;D ;D ;D

put-it-up

Quote from: Breffni_Yank on July 06, 2010, 07:26:25 PM
Quote from: Mr. Pain on July 06, 2010, 04:11:31 PM
Coming soon......

Greetings from the U.S of A.

A friend and a fellow board member recently told me this would be the best site to keep up to date with the thrills and spills of Cavan Football while I make my way around the US.  How are we set for the weekend anyway? My good friend Paddy Power has us at 8/1  ::)

With regards to the above comment from Mr. Pain, were you having a Tom Hank (w*nk) at the time of writing or something?
Such a first post  ;D

Denn Forever

I think he did accountancy first and is now doing Physiotherapy or PE now.

The jobs market wouldn't be so good and it wouldn't be the first time that someone has stayed in education for as long as possible.

But hopefully reports of his injury are over pessimistic.
means what he says...

put-it-up

He is dead right staying in College - I wouldnt begrudge him that one bit. He is doing PE as far as I know. I think people think I'm anti-Johnston. I am far from it, the chap has so much talent and I know he works hard to constantly try to improve. How many players in the country coulda done what we did against Wicklow?I would say you could count them on one hand.

The more I think about Sunday though the more worried I get...

Dougal

Quote from: put-it-up on July 06, 2010, 10:04:14 PM
He is dead right staying in College - I wouldnt begrudge him that one bit. He is doing PE as far as I know. I think people think I'm anti-Johnston. I am far from it, the chap has so much talent and I know he works hard to constantly try to improve. How many players in the country coulda done what we did against Wicklow?I would say you could count them on one hand.

im more worried about saturday to be honest with you.  ;D
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up on July 06, 2010, 10:04:14 PM

Why Sunday? Are you going to Oxegen and are worried about the rain?  ;D ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Oops  ;D It's just the early start for mass, it has me shaking in my boots ;D

I actually am worried about Sunday too - half our club team will be joining the festivities ;D

Denn Forever

From Hoganstand.

As I said before who wouldn't be up for a tilt at last years AI finalists.

Players 'mad for the challenge', says Carr

Cavan manager Tommy Carr
07 July 2010

Cavan manager Tommy Carr says his players are keen to shape up to Cork this Saturday as they look to pull off what would be the shock of this year's All-Ireland SFC at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

After a epic comeback against Wicklow last month, Carr's team were pitted against the Rebels in the second round of the qualifiers and will look to overcome huge odds of 8/1 when they travel south this weekend.

"We'll give it our best shot and that's basically it," Carr told the Irish News. "You never know, if we can go and do something like Sligo did or Limerick did, we just don't know after that.

"We're very positive going into the game. I have to say the fellas are very good. The attitude is great.

"They're mad for the challenge and to shape up to Cork to see where they are and what it's like to play one of the best teams in the country, if not the best team in the country."

Injuries and suspensions have depleted Carr's squad for the trip to Leeside, but the Tipperary native knows that they have no other choice but to get on with the task at hand.

"Unfortunately we'll be down David Givney still which is very unfortunate as he was shaping up well," he said.

"Mark McKeever is still not training and obviously we'll be without Lorcan Mulvey at midfield.

"Unfortunately, Ray Cullivan cried off the panel. So we'd like to have a fuller hand to work with than we have, but we don't."

There is some good news for the Breffni men, as ace forward Sean Johnston, who inspired the win against Wicklow, is believed to be fit again and Paul Brady is also available after missing the previous clash due to handball commitments in the US.

"Seanie is good. He was carrying an ankle injury there for a while, but hopefully he'll recovery in time," said the Cavan boss.
means what he says...

put-it-up

Yeah but TC always says we are mad for it anyway.

Anyway the team wont be too far away from this I am told:

Fintan
Hannon       Sheridan   Brides
Cahill         McCutcheon   Clarke/Brady
       Gallo McGuigan
Flanagan  Nesty    McKeever
Jelly      Brennan Mackey/Larry ;D

Terry Coyle

Quote from: put-it-up on July 07, 2010, 07:41:52 PM
Yeah but TC always says we are mad for it anyway.

Anyway the team wont be too far away from this I am told:

Fintan
Hannon       Sheridan   Brides
Cahill         McCutcheon   Clarke/Brady
       Gallo McGuigan
Flanagan  Nesty    McKeever
Jelly      Brennan Mackey/Larry ;D

Good team but I heard Charlie Clarke is coming back to help out with the midfield problem! He will be laying it on a plate for Larry and co.!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Any truth that Crowe is now on the senior panel?
Where's Boojangles? He usually has the heads up for us such matters. Or Mr. Pain?

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 08, 2010, 11:14:29 AM
Where's Boojangles? He usually has the heads up for us such matters. Or Mr. Pain?

I'm here man.No,no truth.
I think PIU could be close enough to the team there with maybe a midfielder and one defender changed. I think they are waiting on a few lads with injuries. Hopefully good news with at least one of them.
Best of Luck to all involved, hope they give it a good rattle and show the same spirit as the 2nd half against Wicklow.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on July 08, 2010, 11:52:16 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 08, 2010, 11:14:29 AM

I'm here man.No,no truth.
I think PIU could be close enough to the team there with maybe a midfielder and one defender changed. I think they are waiting on a few lads with injuries. Hopefully good news with at least one of them.
Best of Luck to all involved, hope they give it a good rattle and show the same spirit as the 2nd half against Wicklow.
I've been told by a Lacken man that he is back but I wouldn't know the source that well.
Yeah I'd be thinking that Walsh will start if fit unless Givney makes a miraculous recovery.
So you're saying there's a chance Larry will start? :o