Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Who was our number 6 Boojangles. I don't like being too harsh on young fellas but he was very poor especially tackling his man into the back on the sideline in the second half. I agree with what you say but in fairness Armagh kicked a hell of a lot of wides in the first half and as you say were strong at midfield. With the man less we just didn't look like penetrating and the goal was a killer. Good to see Johnston isn't as injured as Carr is letting on as he was doing the water. But if he's at all injured I don't understand him being out on the pitch at all.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 04, 2010, 10:40:17 PM
Who was our number 6 Boojangles. I don't like being too harsh on young fellas but he was very poor especially tackling his man into the back on the sideline in the second half. I agree with what you say but in fairness Armagh kicked a hell of a lot of wides in the first half and as you say were strong at midfield. With the man less we just didn't look like penetrating and the goal was a killer. Good to see Johnston isn't as injured as Carr is letting on as he was doing the water. But if he's at all injured I don't understand him being out on the pitch at all.

Aaron Smith of Lavey. Maybe he had a bad day but he looked lost out there. We just won no breaks at all,which was very disappointing. We definitely had the beating of them in the 1st half but the sending off changed all that.
Johnston has been helping out with the Minors the last few months.He was only walking the line in fairness, if he's injured its doubtful standing along the line is gonna do much more damage.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Fair enough but there was a rumour (on Hoganstand) that he couldn't even stand on it. So I was relieved to see him jog on it at the start of the game. What I meant was if it was a race against time for him to be fit for Saturday then he'd be better off not standing on it for an hour. Hopefully there's no real problem.

beer baron

Have to agree with the lads about the young lad centre back not being great yesterday,along with that i thought the management have a lot to answer for.2nd half when behind we left Jack brady-outstanding player on his own in the forward line for most of  the game with no support.and kept kicking aimless balls in at him.Midfield we barely won a ball,i lost count of the amount of times both lads went up for the ball rather than 1 up one down,barely won a break all game.I liked the full back,read the game very well i thought and comfortable on the ball.
Ah well now to look forward to the long trip to Cork,think i'm going to go stay in Dublin friday,would i be better off getting the bus or the train from Dublin to Cork Saturday?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: beer baron on July 05, 2010, 10:42:42 AM
Have to agree with the lads about the young lad centre back not being great yesterday,along with that i thought the management have a lot to answer for.2nd half when behind we left Jack brady-outstanding player on his own in the forward line for most of  the game with no support.and kept kicking aimless balls in at him.Midfield we barely won a ball,i lost count of the amount of times both lads went up for the ball rather than 1 up one down,barely won a break all game.I liked the full back,read the game very well i thought and comfortable on the ball.
Ah well now to look forward to the long trip to Cork,think i'm going to go stay in Dublin friday,would i be better off getting the bus or the train from Dublin to Cork Saturday?
Ryanair might be your best option.

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 05, 2010, 10:54:20 AM
Ryanair might be your best option.

I take it you don't have a car.. motorway whole way from Kells to Cork now.

mylestheslasher

Train I would say. Bus probably goes through all the towns on the way.

full moon

Didn't understand why young O'Connor was taken off in the minors. He had the beating of their defense all day long. After that and the sending off, our forward line went to pieces.

tierworker blue

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 05, 2010, 12:29:02 PM

The train seems pretty painless. Service every hour and there's an internet booking deal on at the moment...€10 down (I think it may be €20 back)

Lawrence of Knockbride

Going by Mullingar rather than Kells saves you 4.50 e/w on tolls plus it's shorter.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 05, 2010, 03:05:03 PM

Going by Mullingar rather than Kells saves you 4.50 e/w on tolls plus it's shorter.

Toll on New road - €1.30 x 2 stations e/w
Toll on Mullingar - €2.90 x 1  e/w

Only saving is you avoid M50 Toll going by Mullingar.

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 05, 2010, 03:05:03 PM

Thats the Cavan man response alright - Shorter but not necessarily quicker with some of the towns you have to go through.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I reckon it would be quicker, shorter and cheaper. Myles, the toll you speak of is on the M4. I meant going through Mullingar and on to Tullamore. Terry Coyle, the route planner lists this route as being about 20 minutes shorter. I'm basing this on going from Cavan town of course.

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 05, 2010, 06:28:14 PM
I reckon it would be quicker, shorter and cheaper. Myles, the toll you speak of is on the M4. I meant going through Mullingar and on to Tullamore. Terry Coyle, the route planner lists this route as being about 20 minutes shorter. I'm basing this on going from Cavan town of course.

It bases that on the distance obviously but doesnt take into account going through the various small towns etc on the way. Cruise control on, let it rip, sure the dog will drive down!  ;D

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 05, 2010, 06:28:14 PM

You'd be mad in the head going that way. Cavan Town to M50 is now just over 1 hour. M50 to Jack Lynch tunnel is 2 hours.