Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

Quote from: Dougal on June 30, 2010, 11:10:10 PM
the cork game has been changed to 3.00pm.glad the GAA did this,otherwise i wouldnt be home til all hours.

Its a Saturday night, u wont be home untill all hours anyway I should hope  ;D

Dougal

na,ill more than likely have the younger bro with me,and ill be driving,so i wont be able for any of that craic...till i get home. ;)
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

whats my name

you must of posted your comment as i was writing mine PIU

cavanforever

No Smith was very poor and was eventually taken off. Which got me thinking, with Hyland involved, where is Darren Smith of Lavey?

darren smith hasnt played football at all this year. injured i believe. would be a big help to senior set up

BallyhaiseMan

Im disappointed to hear that Eoin Smith wasnt great wednesday night,id have rated him alongside Darren Smith as the best full backs after Darren Rabbitte in the county.
He was playing great stuff with Killygarry last year,

cavan4sam

One result from last night lads.

Castlerahan 1-14 1-8 Killeshandra

This was a refixed gamed from a couple of weeks ago.

Good result for us considering the amount of the lads that we were missing, probably 8 that will start in the championship. Not a reflection on how good we were though as Killeshandra were very very poor, Myles or Dougal you may be able to tell me how many ye were missing?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4sam on July 02, 2010, 11:08:34 AM
One result from last night lads.

Castlerahan 1-14 1-8 Killeshandra

This was a refixed gamed from a couple of weeks ago.

Good result for us considering the amount of the lads that we were missing, probably 8 that will start in the championship. Not a reflection on how good we were though as Killeshandra were very very poor, Myles or Dougal you may be able to tell me how many ye were missing?

Haven't heard anything to be honest but I think they were missing Colm Duffy, Paddy King and I'm sure a couple others are gone travelling.

Dougal

poor stuff from the lads last night,the worst ive seen them play since 08 id say.missing paddy king,rory braiden,declan mckiernan,colm duffy and our manager.took us at least 15 minutes to score in the second half.scored 1-4 in the last 10 or 15 minutes.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Is that Drung & the 'Bridge down in Division 2? Two county midfielders going down to join Givney?

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 03, 2010, 01:49:27 PM
Is that Drung & the 'Bridge down in Division 2? Two county midfielders going down to join Givney?

No relegation out of Division 2 or Intermediate Championship this year.

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on July 04, 2010, 03:42:09 PM

I knew there is none for the Champo - didn't realise there wasn't any for the league too...

Good point for ye up in Milltown Boojangles
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 04, 2010, 04:08:39 PM

I knew there is none for the Champo - didn't realise there wasn't any for the league too...

No its the same for League also.
Game of 2 halves with the wind being the decisive factor as usual in Milltown. We scored 1 point on 2nd half. Drumlane were missing alot. They will be hard stopped come championship with Mc Connell, Dane O Dowd etc back for them.
Good win for you's CeltMan, who have yas 1st round?

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on July 04, 2010, 04:24:51 PM

Game of 2 halves with the wind being the decisive factor as usual in Milltown. We scored 1 point on 2nd half. Drumlane were missing alot. They will be hard stopped come championship with Mc Connell, Dane O Dowd etc back for them.

Aye that pitch is fierce open and exposed to the wind.

Ahh we were chronic in the first half, six points to no score down after 15 minutes and we had the wind!  Fought back well and have a good few boys to come back in too I suppose.

We've Killinkere in the last league game and in the first round of the champo too.  What about yourselves.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Minors bet by 2 points. Played most of 2nd half a man down. Don't any other details.

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 04, 2010, 04:38:08 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 04, 2010, 04:24:51 PM

Aye that pitch is fierce open and exposed to the wind.

Ahh we were chronic in the first half, six points to no score down after 15 minutes and we had the wind!  Fought back well and have a good few boys to come back in too I suppose.

We've Killinkere in the last league game and in the first round of the champo too.  What about yourselves.

Kill in the 1st round in 3 weeks. They have fairly picked themselves up,beating Drung handy Friday evening. I hear McKenna is playing very well.
Killinkere will be very hard bet,always a tough championship team.

Same old, same old with our Minors. Should have went in 2 or 3 points up at HT but took the wrong option in the forward line twice and went in level. Dewart was on a yellow and not playing well,probably should have been replaced, then went in late after the ball when Cavan were 2 points up in 2nd half,14 men,game over. How our Centre back and Captain ??? was not taken off I'l never know.  In saying that too many lads took the wrong option when under pressure and by my count we won ONE break in the 2nd half which will never win you a game. We still had the winning of the game but sure don't we always.