Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

FFS worst possible draw.

Lets be honest, we are not good enough to win this game.

Celt_Man

Well bollox to that anyway....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

tierworker blue

BallyhaiseMan

f**k sake,it had to be Cork  ::)

Dougal

how long does it take to get to cork,3 and a half hours or so?whats the best way,dublin or portlaois?

couldnt of got a worse draw,but il be more than happy if i come home having seen the same sort of display as saturday night.cork are a massive team,and were quite a small team,will tommy try and introduce a few more big players.will he keep mickey in the forwards,where he's doing alright,or will he bring him out to midfield.will givney be back?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: Dougal on June 28, 2010, 01:30:16 PM
how long does it take to get to cork,3 and a half hours or so?whats the best way,dublin or portlaois?

couldnt of got a worse draw,but il be more than happy if i come home having seen the same sort of display as saturday night.cork are a massive team,and were quite a small team,will tommy try and introduce a few more big players.will he keep mickey in the forwards,where he's doing alright,or will he bring him out to midfield.will givney be back?

We'll probably hit every tolled motorway in the country on the way down.... but sure it'll be worth it

BigMac

From what I hear Givney is going to be out for another eight weeks. Im fairly sure my source is reliable.

mylestheslasher

Cork nearly lost the Munster final last year to Limerick. They obviously were a little complacent and Limerick really got in their faces and stopped them making those famous bursting powerful runs from deep. That is a video that Tommy Carr should look at and base a plan of action around. They say this is the best time to get a team like Cork, its only a pity it is down there. God be with the days when the "weak" county got home advantage until the GAA did away with that rule (remember we lost in extra time to Derry in Derry years ago, well amazingly Derry were supposedly the weak team in that draw against us and so got home draw).
We will need to play a 2 man FF line of Mackey and Johnson, Nesty on the 45 and everyone else behind the ball. Short kick outs and kicks to the wings will be needed cos sticking high ball into Corks midfield diamond will be suicide. f**k it the lads showed some balls last day, the pressure is off and no one expects anything so why not give it a shot, bust a gut and see what happens.

Denn Forever

The worst thing about this draw is the distance. Who would have been a god draw?

The plus point is that we are not playing neighbours (a dogfight) or  a Northern team (familiarity and a dogfight).

If we wanted the players to be motivated how can you not be motivated playing last year's finalist?

It will be a good benchmark for the player to see what level they have to achieve if they want to give it a good rattle next year.

So onward go our destiny!
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

This be in Pairc ui Chaoimh or Pairc i Rinn?

Celt_Man

Saturday 10 July

All-Ireland SFC Qualifiers - round 2

Kildare or Antrim v Leitrim, Newbridge, 7.00pm or Casement Park, 5.00pm

Dublin v Tipperary, Croke Park, 6.00pm - live on TV3

Cork v Cavan, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, 7.00pm

Offaly v Waterford, Tullamore, 5.00pm

Galway or Sligo v Wexford, Pearse Stadium or Markievicz Park, 2.00pm - live on RTE

Down v Longford, Newry, 7.00pm

Westmeath v Derry, Cusack Park, 5.00pm

put-it-up

Jesus talk about David and Goliath and that time is a joke for fans looking to travel. It should have been earlier than that..Unless I make a weekend of it  ;D

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on June 27, 2010, 04:31:34 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on June 27, 2010, 01:05:11 PM
I think this pic sums up the kind of mood Johnston was in

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/437721/

This one made me smile too!

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/437787/

Not out supporting the club today PIU?

I was working in Dublin BooJ. Injuries and old age have caught up with my playing days  :'( I hear the goals were the difference.

beer baron

Quote from: put-it-up on June 28, 2010, 07:12:23 PM
Jesus talk about David and Goliath and that time is a joke for fans looking to travel. It should have been earlier than that..Unless I make a weekend of it  ;D

Thinking along similar lines myself!Supposedly a great spot to go out and the ladies(if thats what you call them) love our accents!

cavanmaniac

Will Pairc Ui Chaoimh hold the crowd I wonder?