Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

After the euphoria has died down a little it will as usual to see what TC does next.
I believe that about 90% of the second half performance was down solely to the players. As Myles mentioned, just because Johnston beat four men doesn't mean it was right not to put a big man up beside him.
Will Thomas Corr still be FB the next day. I would say he shouldn't but then I've been saying that since the McKenna Cup. Sheridan or Hannon isn't the long term answer but it might be in the short term unless he's going to give Eoin Smith a chance.
Who will play CB? I'd be putting McGuigan back and McCutcheon beside him. Who will replace Mulvey? It's not a hard job to replace him but will we see Brennan start there or will Declan McKiernan be introduced. And who will take the full-forward position if Brennan does come out to the middle. As great and as proud a day as it was for the county I think TC has even more questions to answer.

Celt_Man

Highlights coming up now on Sunday Game...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 27, 2010, 10:54:27 PM
I wonder was Mulvey watching.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on June 27, 2010, 11:17:59 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on June 27, 2010, 10:54:27 PM
I wonder was Mulvey watching.

Corr's was never a second yellow

Denn Forever

But know what happened Galvin when he laid hands on the Referee.

As you say he was being fouled but you can't strike out.  Reminiscent of the poor limerick hurler who got straight red last week.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 27, 2010, 11:44:49 PM
But know what happened Galvin when he laid hands on the Referee.

As you say he was being fouled but you can't strike out.  Reminiscent of the poor limerick hurler who got straight red last week.

Ahh I'd find them as completely different.  As I saw it Corr was putting his hand out to fend off the opponent and caught him high - completely accidental ... didn't warrant a foul never mind a second yellow

cavanmaniac

whats my name

cavan vs cork in cork i know we are not going to win this one but if we can play like we played against wicklow and try and keep the score from an absolute mauling ill be happy. it will show there is a bit of fight in us

cavan4sam

Disappointed with the draw lads, we couldn't have got a harder draw. Hopefully the lads can go down and give a good account of themselves.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Worst possible draw and venue. >:(

beer baron

And counihan in Breffni watching the game on Saturday and all.....

Babe Ruth 47

Thats some reward! Will make for a bit of an adventure all the same, a weekend in Cork will be nice.

cavanmaniac

It's about damage limitation. Going from the Fermanagh and Wicklow standard up to Cork standard will expose the team cruelly I think, like was said above, I hope we keep the score down and come out of it with something to build on.

At least we'll be able to say that the eventual All-Ireland finalists had to beat Cavan to get there.

mylestheslasher

Sport can be cruel, that draw is a nightmare. Well I suppose Sligo went to Kerry last year and frightened the shite out of them so maybe we can take some solace from that (I'm trying to be optomistic)

Denn Forever

Not ideal but as myles said its been done before.

It will be a good weekend away.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...