Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

I know we're extremely weak at MF but anyone that was at the Louth match might remember that Sheridan was completely anonomous around the middle. Just to keep the "you're the manager" theme going my team would be:

1. Fintan (with no confidence)
2. McPhilips
3. Corr (with no confidence)
4. Hannon
5. Cahill
6. McGuigan
7. Sheridan (if fit)
8. Galligan
9. Brennan/McKiernan
10.McKeever
11. Nesty
12. Flanagan
13. Johnston
14. Brennan/McKiernan
15. Mackey

I have no idea what the story with McPhilips and McCutcheon is so maybe they're carrying injuries. A lot of lads keeping their place on my team who were poor to average last time but I suppose when we look at what was a strong bench, it now looks weak enough.

Denn Forever

If McPhilips played would that mean he couldn't play in the Leinster final?

Spotted this in Hoganstand.  Made me smile ;D

Roinn D

Perturbed v Denn at 7.30pm
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

PhilsJemmysField

McKeever apparently has a chest injury out for 4 ~ 6 weeks.

Dougal

i hear trev crowe is back in with the juniors,what a beast of a man.anyone heading down to drogheda to see them this day week?i hear the winner will be going to ruislip to play london in the semi final,it would be great for them if they did win.

yes denn forever,he wouldnt be allowed play.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

put-it-up

Lads that Leinster competition is a mickey mouse job and I wouldnt be getting too excited over it - just shows how desperate we are..

With regards to this weeekend  the more I think about it today the more I don't fancy us. When do our lot ever take the qualifiers serious? I hope we dont lose but imagine our championship season ended on the back of two home defeats to Fermanagh and Wicklow. Dare I say it, even under Keoghan I never thought we would get to that..

Lars

Mickey Mouse or not would still be nice to win something...anything!!

I think the lads will come out fighting against Wicklow and grind out the victory. Have to show some pride in the jersey.

Who's reign would you admire PIU?? Seen as ur using somewhat hushed tones over Keoghans

Swadman

Just heard the sad news of the passing of Tommy McGivney form Denn. I got to know him from being at County Board meetings and Conventions a few years ago. I enjoyed his company and his wit at these (boring) events. He was a great character, If ever a man ate, dreamed, lived and loved GAA then he was surely it.
My condolences to his family and the Denn club. He will be missed by all.

cornafean

Quote from: Swadman on June 24, 2010, 01:58:25 PM
Just heard the sad news of the passing of Tommy McGivney form Denn. I got to know him from being at County Board meetings and Conventions a few years ago. I enjoyed his company and his wit at these (boring) events. He was a great character, If ever a man ate, dreamed, lived and loved GAA then he was surely it.
My condolences to his family and the Denn club. He will be missed by all.

Sad to hear that news. Tommy was an absolute gentleman. RIP
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

boojangles

Fintan
Sheridan
Corr
Hannon
Brides
McCutcheon
Clarke
Galligan
Mulvey
Flanagan
Nesty
McGuigan
Mackey
Brennan
Martin Reilly

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on June 25, 2010, 07:18:23 PM
Fintan
Sheridan
Corr
Hannon
Brides
McCutcheon
Clarke
Galligan
Mulvey
Flanagan
Nesty
McGuigan
Mackey
Brennan
Martin Reilly

That confirmed BooJ? Doesnt inspire me with confidence at all. Sheridan has been left in the corner which is just baffling. That centre-back line has a lot to prove and I would imagine Brides will be given the job of picking up Glynn. And McGuigan WF is also a strange one after settling in to 6 all year.

Where has Cahill gone?

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on June 25, 2010, 07:22:38 PM
Quote from: boojangles on June 25, 2010, 07:18:23 PM
Fintan
Sheridan
Corr
Hannon
Brides
McCutcheon
Clarke
Galligan
Mulvey
Flanagan
Nesty
McGuigan
Mackey
Brennan
Martin Reilly

That confirmed BooJ? Doesnt inspire me with confidence at all. Sheridan has been left in the corner which is just baffling. That centre-back line has a lot to prove and I would imagine Brides will be given the job of picking up Glynn. And McGuigan WF is also a strange one after settling in to 6 all year.

Where has Cahill gone?

Cahill has been carrying an injury. I'm glad that they have at least started with fully fit lads and not lads carrying or returning from injuries.
Sheridan is in there to back Corr up,plain and simple. The best game I seen Sheridan play all year he was corner back against Roscommon where he was outstanding. No reason why he can't reproduce that.

put-it-up

Do you reckon the likes of McPhillips, McKiernan and one or two others that would be touch and go are being held back for the juniors? McPhillips must surely be wondering why he isnt getting a chance after playing nearly every league game

mylestheslasher

Is that team confirmed? Unbelievable if it is correct. McGuigan wing forward????? I know he togged at FF for Belturbet against the gaels but what does that mean in inter county. Where has brides sprung from - i'm sorry but he's a player thats on the way down. Martin Reillys inclusion is ridiculous given that Wicklow will pack their defence just like Fermanagh and he'll get muscled out of it yet again. Where is Johnson - he is fit enough to play last time and 2 weeks later he is somehow less fit? Shierdan at corner back is not good (playing good against a woeful Roscommon in that position is hardly a measure of his suitability). I can't understand this unless it is some sort of smokescreen for the real team. Or maybe there is such trouble in the camp that half the players don't want to play for him?

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 25, 2010, 09:33:56 PM
Is that team confirmed? Unbelievable if it is correct. McGuigan wing forward????? I know he togged at FF for Belturbet against the gaels but what does that mean in inter county. Where has brides sprung from - i'm sorry but he's a player thats on the way down. Martin Reillys inclusion is ridiculous given that Wicklow will pack their defence just like Fermanagh and he'll get muscled out of it yet again. Where is Johnson - he is fit enough to play last time and 2 weeks later he is somehow less fit? Shierdan at corner back is not good (playing good against a woeful Roscommon in that position is hardly a measure of his suitability). I can't understand this unless it is some sort of smokescreen for the real team. Or maybe there is such trouble in the camp that half the players don't want to play for him?

Some strange moves alright that may not work but at least wait until you see how the team performs before passing judgement.
Jelly was always going to be touch and go,hopefully he will be fit to come on.
I'd imagine Martin Reilly will be dropping deep to make space for Mackey and Brennan.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on June 25, 2010, 11:14:53 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 25, 2010, 09:33:56 PM

Some strange moves alright that may not work but at least wait until you see how the team performs before passing judgement.
Jelly was always going to be touch and go,hopefully he will be fit to come on.
I'd imagine Martin Reilly will be dropping deep to make space for Mackey and Brennan.

Not passing judgement on the players at all but the if the management play this team in these positions then they have learned very little from the last game.