Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: PhilsJemmysField on June 21, 2010, 11:02:46 AM
Word is that Giveny has broken leg hopefully for the lads sake not true. Would be a serious knock at this stage in football life.
Ah jaysus,someone tell me this isnt true

John Tierney(Injury problems)
Paddy Brady(Injury problems)

Now another great talent at Midfield,picking up a serious injury  >:(
Someone up there doesnt want Cavan, to progress.

Im particularly gutted for Givney himself,not even thinking about football,hopefully he can get himself right and fully healed up and that the leg doesnt give him any future pain or problems.
Get well soon David.

Terry Coyle

Sorry Dougal never replied to you. Yeah he was back then got his jaw broken in Kingscourt game, bad act.

All the best to Givney. The man has midfield position with Cavan for years to come barring injury so hopefully he will recover fuilly from this. We need young players like him.

Dougal

i havent heard for sure if his leg is broken,but i did hear he was walking round on crutches yesterday before he got it checked out.hopefully he'll make a full recovery.we might have had bad luck in the past but look at mckiernan last year,came back where he left off.

TC,i was talking to a lad over the weekend,said he was certain doc was marking jayo?
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

cavan4sam

I was talking to one of boys on the panel earlier and he said that Givney didn't break his leg but that he went over on his ankle, he was at training yesterday on crutches so it doesn't look good, will find out more later. where is salmon of knowledge when you need him???

whats my name

he didnt break his leg. its badly sprained and he is going for a scan tomorrow because they dont know if he has ligament damage or not.

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Dougal on June 21, 2010, 05:54:23 PM
i havent heard for sure if his leg is broken,but i did hear he was walking round on crutches yesterday before he got it checked out.hopefully he'll make a full recovery.we might have had bad luck in the past but look at mckiernan last year,came back where he left off.

TC,i was talking to a lad over the weekend,said he was certain doc was marking jayo?

Well that is definitely good news if it aint broken. Doubtful for Wicklow but if we get through that then hopefully he might be available.

That lad you were talking to must be seeing things Doc definitely wasnt marking him! He wasnt even at the game.

put-it-up

If Givney is gone we are seriously short in there. It means Mulvey could start with Galligan and we will have no cover on the bench.  With what we have to pick from here is what I would go with.

Fintan - Still not convinced but best we got at the minute
Hannon - Definetly deserves another chance after the performances of the two cornerbacks last week
Corr - Would be tempted to try Eoin Smith but TC doesn't fancy him
Cahill - but if he is not fit he shouldn't play
Flanagan - about time he got a proper chance in his natural position. He is better going forward and supporting
McGuigan
McCutcheon - Big fan. Hope he is fit
Sheridan - He is mobile and if he keeps it simple like he did at DCU then he is better than Mulvey
Galligan - Would rather him than Mulvey due to his mobility
McKeever - Not sure if he is fit
Nesty
Martin Reilly - Would have him there and let him swap in and out with Mackey. Reilly is very good inside for Killygarry
Jelly
Declan McK - Bit more strenght in there
Mackey

Lars

Agree with Put it Up think Sheridan should be given a go at midfield. He has himself in serious shape think its worth the gamble. Still think Martin Reilly is just too small for inter county football. Constantly gets outmuscled in games.

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on June 22, 2010, 08:25:08 PM
If Givney is gone we are seriously short in there. It means Mulvey could start with Galligan and we will have no cover on the bench.  With what we have to pick from here is what I would go with.

Hannon - Definetly deserves another chance after the performances of the two cornerbacks last week
Flanagan - about time he got a proper chance in his natural position. He is better going forward and supporting
McGuigan
Sheridan - He is mobile and if he keeps it simple like he did at DCU then he is better than Mulvey
Nesty
Martin Reilly - Would have him there and let him swap in and out with Mackey. Reilly is very good inside for Killygarry
Jelly
Mackey
Not getting on your back but an honest question PIU.
You would leave out arguably the 2nd best forward we had against Fermanagh for what reason?

BallyhaiseMan

Seriously lads
i have nothing against the guy and hes a very skillful footballer,but Martin Reily,is not strong enough or big enough for Senior IC football,ive seen him get pushed around and put on his arse numerous times over the last few years.
I dont know how anyone could have him on the team before the likes of Michael Brennan,who impressed the last day and has the physique to play county football.
Id like to see Brennan at wing forward,Gives mobility and a bit of size to the half forward line and also he will win his fair share of breaks.

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on June 22, 2010, 11:18:51 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on June 22, 2010, 08:25:08 PM

McGuigan
Nesty
Jelly
Mackey
Not getting on your back but an honest question PIU.
You would leave out arguably the 2nd best forward we had against Fermanagh for what reason?

Good question BooJ - he slipped my mind. In fairness I thought was one of our better performers the last day but I just think McKiernan is more of a threat in there with Jelly and Mackey operating off him. Also at 21 I think it is time Declan got some IC action.

However thinking about it again I would have Brennan at WF to give a dig out to our midfield because we are seriouslyy gona struggle there.  BIGTIME

gortnaleck

How is McGuigan looking? I can't remember him doing anything great against Fermanagh but I only watched it on the big screen.I also should be sending back reports on the big Cavan squad playing out on Treasure Island,but I haven't really got a handle on them yet.They have one game played and there is another full round on Sunday.Gearoid seems to be a mobile,big enough guy.

beer baron

Anyone know if Mc Keevers available for the weekend yet?I felt he did ok last time out despite some poor distribution and should def start if fit he's a personal favourite of mine.I agree with some of the previous posts on Flanagan,i think he should definitely be in the half back line along with Mc cutcheon and Mc guigan who did ok for his 1st championship game playing in such a key position.As for Mickey brennan i think he has to be a cert to start somewhere in the forwards or 3rd midfielder,thought he was very good in the 1st half against Fermanagh before fading in second half.'IF' johnston needs all that strapping on his arm he shouldn't be playing in  my opinion because if you're carrying an injury you're never going to go for the ball as wholeheartedly as usual,sometimes you can block the injury out but with that much bandaging you'd never get it out of your mind.I'd chance Sheridan midfield as he is in my book better than walsh and Muvey.As for full back line,i don't know,Corr has to remain full back line as he did decent during the league and who can we put in anyway.Cahill's a player i am usually a fan of but obviously was off the pace after being out injured the last day out,hopefully back to himself saturday.Someone mentioned putting hannon in and i'd agree,i've been critical of him in the past but think he's worth another shot as he looks back to focussing on his speed and fitness rather than previous years where he looked to be spending too much time trying to bulk up in the gym.Hopefully the last game didn't damage Mackeys confidence too much as he really looked like he was going to step up to the level he showed underage during the league. Best of luck to all the lads anyway,must be sickening foor them going out and underperforming after busting their balls training for so long.