Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Coyle

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 18, 2010, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on June 18, 2010, 02:59:34 PM
Quote from: full moon on June 18, 2010, 02:52:20 PM
We can't afford to lose players like Cullivan, players like him are what we should be building the future on. I heard rumours that he left the panel because Carr was being dictated to by senior players on who should be playing and what tactics are employed. This is no real suprise, Carr comes across as a weak willed man who has never had much success in any county.

Seanie Johnston was the main name mentioned. In my view it is irrlevent if Johnston is one of our top players or not, there is no way player should be dictating how ball is directed to him or who should play. So many problems, just another to add to the list.

I can't face the embarrassment of  being knocked about Wicklow two years running. They also beat us in the league last year.

I've highlighted the key word in your post there full moon - everything all that and taken with a pinch of salt given that word

The more im hearing about the set up CM,FM is not very far away from the truth..
I dont know about the Johnston dictating bit however however,i didnt hear that.
<b>Noteable players didnt commit this year due to knowing what was going on in the set up.</b>
i dont like throwing people under the bus from behind a username,as its the act of a coward,so im not going to name names.

Hit the nail on the head there

boojangles

Watch the game again and tell me that Nesty was our 2nd best player.Have nothing against the lad but look at the damage Mulrone No.4 did for Fermanagh.He was very influential for Fermanagh. Nesty was good on the ball but in the 2nd half he took an extra solo at times when it should have been delivered.

Terry Coyle

Quote from: boojangles on June 18, 2010, 03:36:41 PM
Watch the game again and tell me that Nesty was our 2nd best player.Have nothing against the lad but look at the damage Mulrone No.4 did for Fermanagh.He was very influential for Fermanagh. Nesty was good on the ball but in the 2nd half he took an extra solo at times when it should have been delivered.

True about the extra solo but definitely think he was our second best player. No one else really stood out.

put-it-up

BooJ, where did you want him to kick it too? We were crying out for a target-man and he never came. Trying to feed Mackey and Jelly you have to give a decent ball in front of them and that area was swamped out.

With regards to all the rumours and that shite, what is the reason why some of the Gaels lads won't go in? Some one PM me because I am sick of listening to the shame shite over and over again without the answer ever actually being said!

This current set-up is not good - I think that is common knowledge at this stage but a few players have consistently failed to perform under several managers. That is what really concerns me!

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: put-it-up on June 18, 2010, 03:58:07 PM

BooJ, where did you want him to kick it too? We were crying out for a target-man and he never came. Trying to feed Mackey and Jelly you have to give a decent ball in front of them and that area was swamped out.

With regards to all the rumours and that shite, what is the reason why some of the Gaels lads won't go in? Some one PM me because I am sick of listening to the shame shite over and over again without the answer ever actually being said!

This current set-up is not good - I think that is common knowledge at this stage but a few players have consistently failed to perform under several managers. That is what really concerns me!

PM sent to you PIU.

Terry Coyle

Would you mind filling me in then?   :o

Terry Coyle

PIU you answered your own question. Current set up is attrocious. Players are not going to commit to a shambles of a setup, putting in all the extra hours of training for that. They expect more. They expect a professional setup with a real belief that they are going somewhere. When you have the trainer of the team stealing/copying drills off a GAA coach in the county then that says it all.

North Longford

QuoteWatch the game again and tell me that Nesty was our 2nd best player.Have nothing against the lad but look at the damage Mulrone No.4 did for Fermanagh.He was very influential for Fermanagh. Nesty was good on the ball but in the 2nd half he took an extra solo at times when it should have been delivered.

I'm glad someone else thinks that cos after the game last Sunday I listened to a lot of Cavan men who thought he was brilliant and I just couldn't see it.
One way to try and beat a packed defense is to try and move the ball quickly...his first thought is always to solo...no wonder there is a pile of men between him and the inside line. He can kick a good dead ball and sometime kicks a good score but also sometimes shoots from impossible positions.
BTW in McKeevers defense I believe he was injured in the first half of the game and could be out for a while.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 18, 2010, 04:08:44 PM

PM sent to you PIU.

If someone could fill me in too...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 18, 2010, 05:17:36 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 18, 2010, 04:08:44 PM

PM sent to you PIU.

If someone could fill me in too...

Basically what I said in my previous post.

NL he was not brilliant just saying he was our second best player - shows how bad we were I suppose.

Dougal

fill me in there while your at it BHman.

nesty wasnt anything great on sat,but he was our second best player.who else was better and why?because i cant think of anyone.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

North Longford

Didn't go back far enough in thread to see debate on where he ranked. More a general comment on how he played. Probably was one of the better ones, but I'd say there were a good few around the same rank i.e. did some good things but did some poor things also. As regards Nesty it would be more the long term I'd be concerned about. He gets on a good bit of ball but doesn't appear to release it very quickly. Johnson and Mackey need it delivered fast before a scatter of lads get back.

mylestheslasher

Think Nesty was def our 2nd best player. He tackled back, made some intercertions, was hungry to get the ball when our half backs had it was kept going to the very end. Kicked almost all his frees, one from play. Jaysus what do you want. Whens the last time Lyng for example did anything like that for Cavan?? You can say he held onto it too long but the movement of Johnson and Mackay was pathetic at times and in the 2nd half when Fermanagh dropped extra men back he would have needed to put the ball through the eye of a needle to find them. Can't believe some are saying he was poor.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 18, 2010, 07:06:01 PM
Think Nesty was def our 2nd best player. He tackled back, made some intercertions, was hungry to get the ball when our half backs had it was kept going to the very end. Kicked almost all his frees, one from play. Jaysus what do you want. Whens the last time Lyng for example did anything like that for Cavan?? You can say he held onto it too long but the movement of Johnson and Mackay was pathetic at times and in the 2nd half when Fermanagh dropped extra men back he would have needed to put the ball through the eye of a needle to find them. Can't believe some are saying he was poor.
I'll pull you up on the tackling back Myles. You're right in that he did make the effort but watch him off the ball. He stands looking until his man moves about 5-10 metres up the field. Then when his man gets it he makes a big energy-sapping, waste of time of a burst back. He's not alone but it is a serious failing in poor teams that they take the easy option and hope that their man doesn't get on the ball. A good manager would spot this of course.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on June 18, 2010, 07:26:42 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 18, 2010, 07:06:01 PM
I'll pull you up on the tackling back Myles. You're right in that he did make the effort but watch him off the ball. He stands looking until his man moves about 5-10 metres up the field. Then when his man gets it he makes a big energy-sapping, waste of time of a burst back. He's not alone but it is a serious failing in poor teams that they take the easy option and hope that their man doesn't get on the ball. A good manager would spot this of course.

Perhaps but I know for a fact he turned them over coming out of defence 3/4 times in the 1st half which is probably more than the rest of the other 5 forwards did in the whole match. Anyway, his primary role is to create and score and I believe he did both very well.