Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Lawrence of Knockbride

I blame the referee for the whole lot. :P
Anybody know if the minor semi-final is the same weekend as the back-door?
I couldn't be arsed talking about the game itself. I've been at every competitive match this year and as this one was slipping away it just seemed like I couldn't give a shite. f**k it. Same old I'm afraid. Let the blame game and finger pointing begin.

Lawrence of Knockbride

So this is where it all went wrong................

Cavan manager Tommy Carr said his side "never looked like scoring a goal".

"We had little time to react - the ball broke to them and ended up in the net - those are the small things that decide Championship games," he lamented.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

beer baron

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on June 13, 2010, 01:29:47 PM
I couldn't be arsed talking about the game itself. I've been at every competitive match this year and as this one was slipping away it just seemed like I couldn't give a shite. f**k it. Same old I'm afraid. Let the blame game and finger pointing begin.

I'd say it'll be on before Monaghan v Fermanagh game,but could be wrong

mylestheslasher

Its not about the blame game. Its about identifying why we are being bet in the Ulster championship again. You can say "f**k it" but I would prefer to offer an opinion on what happened.

JMohan

Some serious questions need to be asked about Cavan football and where it's going.

I was speaking to a fairly well connected man who was telling me about the backroom/background/CB and the set up and it's a joke, or at least looks like a joke from the outside.

TC hasn't a clue really when all is said and done. Great fella and wonderful enthusiasm but not the man to drag Cavan up from the bootlaces. The backroom team is nonexistent either and there is no real structure to what is being done. 
In some ways TC had little control over what was going on.

Some people in the County Board have tried to put things in place, but with the mess a network of people they have pulling the strings who know nothing about football it's no surprise what's happening behind the scenes.

Of course some players are just along for the ride, but most are serious and trying hard, just poorly led.
Cavan won't see an Ulster Final for 5 years minimum at the rate they're going, and won't see a Ulster Title for a decade with the current approach and structure they have in place.

The questions Cavan have to ask now is who do they go to next?
Who's the next manager? 
Are they going to persist with the 'muppet masters' outside the team?
What kind of longer term structure will their be?
Who is looking at the long term plan?

Denn Forever

Is the qualifier in Breffni or Aughrim?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 13, 2010, 08:40:20 PM
Is the qualifier in Breffni or Aughrim?

Breffini,thank f**k,its about time we got a home qualifier!!!

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: JMohan on June 13, 2010, 07:38:17 PM
Some serious questions need to be asked about Cavan football and where it's going.

I was speaking to a fairly well connected man who was telling me about the backroom/background/CB and the set up and it's a joke, or at least looks like a joke from the outside.

TC hasn't a clue really when all is said and done. Great fella and wonderful enthusiasm but not the man to drag Cavan up from the bootlaces. The backroom team is nonexistent either and there is no real structure to what is being done. 

Some people in the County Board have tried to put things in place, but with the mess a network of people they have pulling the strings who know nothing about football it's no surprise what's happening behind the scenes.

Of course some players are just along for the ride, but most are serious and trying hard, just poorly led.
Cavan won't see an Ulster Final for 5 years minimum at the rate they're going, and won't see a Ulster Title for a decade with the current approach and structure they have in place.

Who's the next manager? 

Good post JMohan,it echoes what alot of us have been saying.
Their is supposed to be a coaching structure in place,we have 6 full time coaches and a games development manager in Nicholas Walsh,looking after those from under 14 up.
the fruit of that should be coming shortly at minor level we would hope,if not that will have to be looked at.
Hopefully we wont be hiring out the authority of selecting a county manager to another company this time around  :D   :D   :D  :D
(sorry that gets more pathetic everytime i think about it)

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 13, 2010, 05:07:43 PM

Its not about the blame game. Its about identifying why we are being bet in the Ulster championship again. You can say "f**k it" but I would prefer to offer an opinion on what happened.
Really? There seems to be some serious blame being handed out. We won in the Ulster Championship last year against the same team and there was very little in either game between two poor sides. We haven't improved or disimproved on last year so I don't have that much interest in analysing what is becoming too repetitive for me to care at the minute. But I'll be at the next game you can be sure and sure we'll see how we are then. At least we're not favourites this time.

JMohan

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 13, 2010, 08:53:02 PM

Who's the next manager? 

Their is supposed to be a coaching structure in place,we have 6 full time coaches and a games development manager in Nicholas Walsh,looking after those from under 14 up.
the fruit of that should be coming shortly at minor level we would hope,if not that will have to be looked at.
Hopefully we wont be hiring out the authority of selecting a county manager to another company this time around  :D   :D   :D  :D

So why is he involved in having an input in the senior set up?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: JMohan on June 13, 2010, 09:59:31 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 13, 2010, 08:53:02 PM

Who's the next manager? 

So why is he involved in having an input in the senior set up?
He is?first ive heard of it JM,i thought his role was restricted to being a player,if he has any other role,that is just wrong.

mylestheslasher

So we've got a home draw against Wicklow. As good as we could have hoped for really. It is my opinion that player for player we are much better than Wiclow. However, I still think we will probably lose! Micko will weigh up our game plan prior to the match or at least 10 minutes into the match and will take action to neutralise it. Mr Carr will watch on and not even realise what is happening. Then again, I was surprised Wicklow lost to Westmeath so maybe the Micko factor is wearing thin.

Denn Forever

So Terry Hyland for Cavan Manager?  Sounds good I think.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 14, 2010, 11:48:40 AM
So Terry Hyland for Cavan Manager?  Sounds good I think.

Ciaran Brady and Mickey Graham partnership for me. Brady one of the few internal candidates that has won something and Graham is coming to the end of his apprentership and could well entice some of the Cavan Gaels lads back in. No point looking for an outside manager now, only a lunatic would take it and would want a ball of money. Just keep King away from it!