Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 22, 2010, 03:45:16 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on May 22, 2010, 01:43:44 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on May 22, 2010, 01:35:59 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 22, 2010, 12:28:39 PM
An hour and a half til throw-in. What's the odds in the story changing again? ::)

Or after the fact!!

Do u actually care at this stage?

Sure its the Gaels PIU,none of us cared at any stage  ;D
;D i meant it is the 2009 league - who actually cares? put Maghera's name down in the record books. nobody would notice!

Celt_Man

ACFL Division 1

Killeshandra  1-10 0-13 Cuchullains 
Killygarry  1-7 1-8 Lacken 
Denn  0-3 5-20 Ballinagh   
Lavey  2-9 2-10 Crosserlough   
Kingscourt  0-19 1-13 Ramor United 
Belturbet  0-8 1-10 Mullahoran   
Redhills  1-11 1-15 Gowna 

ACFL Reserve Division 1 

Redhills  - - Gowna  Conceded by Redhills 
Denn  1-4 4-12 Ballinagh 
Lavey  0-8 2-10 Crosserlough
Belturbet  1-6 1-8 Mullahoran 

ACFL Division 2

Cootehill  1-4 2-11 Drumlane   
Kill  1-9 1-8 Bailieboro 
Drung  1-10 1-13 Butlersbridge   
Killinkere  0-7 1-11 Drumgoon   
Shercock  1-8 0-11 Cavan Gaels 

ACFL Reserve Division 2 

Cootehill  2-11 1-9 Drumlane 
Kill  0-1 1-13 Bailieboro   
Drung  1-13 0-8 Butlersbridge   
Killinkere  1-8 3-7 Drumgoon 

ACFL Division 3

Corlough  2-9 3-16 Munterconnacht   
Maghera  1-6 1-9 Mountnugent   
Ballymachugh  1-5 0-11 Cornafean   
Kildallan  1-9 1-13 Swanlinbar   
Laragh Utd  4-17 2-4 Killygarry 
Kingscourt  0-11 1-8 Templeport 

ACFL Reserve Division 3 

Killeshandra  1-12 3-6 Ballyhaise   
Kildallan  0-9 0-8 Swanlinbar 
Ballymachugh  - - Cornafean   Conceded by Ballymachugh
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

a few shockers there,
Is that Denn Ballinagh score correct?  :o
Drumlane beating Cootehill  :o and by 10 points,Cootehill are the most promising intermediate team over the last few years for me,but they seem to be faltering,losing league games you wouldnt expect them to.
Kill beating Baileboro.  :o

Dougal/Myles, was over watching your 2nds against our thirds yesterday in Ballinagh,
You've some good young footballers there.
Adie Burns isnt a bad player to have on a junior team.
Young David Doherty at CHB is a good player aswell.
Were you playing Dougal?  ;)

Dougal

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 23, 2010, 12:39:30 PM
a few shockers there,
Drumlane beating Cootehill  :o and by 10 points,Cootehill are the most promising intermediate team over the last few years for me,but they seem to be faltering,losing league games you wouldnt expect them to.

Dougal/Myles, was over watching your 2nds against our thirds yesterday in Ballinagh,

unfortunately i couldnt make either game,got a call at 5 o clock to play a gig in navan at 7.my brother was at both and said that we had a very poor b team out,we had a lad starting corner forward that cant make the minor team,the manager had to play aswell,addie burns is still injured as far as i know,and he said that he still cant kick off his right foot.doherty is a great player,but has a woeful kick on him,when hes going for a score the ball just goes straight in the direction hes running.i might make a return before the end of the season,but il not be making any promises. ;)
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 23, 2010, 12:39:30 PM
a few shockers there,

Yea we were only down by a point at half time 4 points to 3 and we left 2 goals behind us in the first half too.
Then McCutcheon went off injured 30 seconds into the second half and we fell apart, they got in for 2 quick goals and that was that really...

BallyhaiseMan

Results from sunday.

ACFL Division 1

Cavan Gaels  2-11 0-11 Castlerahan  Cavan Gaels

ACFL Division 2 Reserve

Drumalee  0-5 1-18 Ballyhaise  Drumalee Round 7 
ACFL Division 2 

Drumalee  1-13 6-16 Ballyhaise  Drumalee Round 7 

ACFL Reserve Division 3 

Mullahoran  3-11 2-13 Templeport  Mullahoran Round 7 
Bailieboro  3-7 1-4 Munterconnacht  Bailieboro Round 7 
Killinkere  2-8 0-10 Mountnugent  Killinkere Round 7 
Laragh Utd  2-15 0-11 Killygarry  Laragh Utd Round 7

Im sure il be asked about the game,so il go ahead and give my two cents.
Kevin Tierney finished with 5-7 i think it was.
We scored 4 goals in a quick 10/15 minute period which ended the game as a contest in the first half.
I wouldnt read too much into it,Its just one of those fluke results which occur from time to time.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 24, 2010, 03:32:10 PM
Results from sunday.

ACFL Division 1

ACFL Division 2 Reserve

ACFL Division 2 

ACFL Reserve Division 3 

We scored 4 goals in a quick 10/15 minute period which ended the game as a contest in the first half.
I wouldnt read too much into it,Its just one of those fluke results which occur from time to time.
Jaysus... and I'll leave it at that!

Did anyone hear anything about this Leinster Junior Championship next week?  I haven't heard so much as a single word about it... low key aproach and build up so  ::) ::)

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on May 24, 2010, 11:21:18 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 24, 2010, 03:32:10 PM
Results from sunday.

ACFL Division 1

ACFL Division 2 Reserve

ACFL Division 2 

ACFL Reserve Division 3 

Jaysus... and I'll leave it at that!

Did anyone hear anything about this Leinster Junior Championship next week?  I haven't heard so much as a single word about it... low key aproach and build up so  ::) ::)

Yep,dont even know the panel for it,anyone care to fill us in?

boojangles

Cavan Juniors playing Wexford in Wexford 2mrw evening at 7.30. Mixture of Senior players who didnt play Championship last year and some lads called in lately.

Celt_Man

Hyland reveals selection for Wexford trip
26 May 2010

Cavan junior manager Terry Hyland has revealed his starting 15 for tonight's Leinster JFC showdown with Wexford at Wexford Park (throw-in 7.30pm).

The Lacken man has selected numerous players which featured in Cavan's National Football League campaign, including Eoin McPhilips, Lorcan Mulvey, Ray Galligan and Michael Brennan, while there are also a number of new faces such as Lavey's Stephen Jordan and Adrian Taite of Cuchullains.

While Hyland has them down to start, it is unlikely that Tomas Corr (injured) or Dane O'Dowd (exam commitments) will feature against the Model men.

Meanwhile, Tommy Carr's senior panel will welcome Wexford to the Cuchullains GAA grounds this Sunday for a final challenge game before their Ulster SFC opener against Fermanagh next month.

The match, which throws in at 3.00pm, will mark the opening of the new superb community facilities at Mullagh.

Cavan (Leinster JFC v Wexford): Darren Murphy; Eoin McPhilips, Tomas Corr, Eoin Smith; Alan Clarke, Dane O'Dowd, Mark Johnston; Lorcan Mulvey, Adrian Taite; Darren Costello, Ray Galligan, Stephen Jordan; John McCabe, Michael Brennan, Philip Brady.

Subs: Andrew Smith, Killian Lynch, Padraig Cahill, Niall O'Reilly, Kevin Donohoe, Paul Brady (Castlerahan), Eamonn Reilly (Shannon Gaels), Paddy Bird, Fergal Clarke.

cavan4sam

Quote from: Celt_Man on May 26, 2010, 12:53:43 PM
26 May 2010

Cavan junior manager Terry Hyland has revealed his starting 15 for tonight's Leinster JFC showdown with Wexford at Wexford Park (throw-in 7.30pm).

The Lacken man has selected numerous players which featured in Cavan's National Football League campaign, including Eoin McPhilips, Lorcan Mulvey, Ray Galligan and Michael Brennan, while there are also a number of new faces such as Lavey's Stephen Jordan and Adrian Taite of Cuchullains.

While Hyland has them down to start, it is unlikely that Tomas Corr (injured) or Dane O'Dowd (exam commitments) will feature against the Model men.

Meanwhile, Tommy Carr's senior panel will welcome Wexford to the Cuchullains GAA grounds this Sunday for a final challenge game before their Ulster SFC opener against Fermanagh next month.

The match, which throws in at 3.00pm, will mark the opening of the new superb community facilities at Mullagh.

Cavan (Leinster JFC v Wexford): Darren Murphy; Eoin McPhilips, Tomas Corr, Eoin Smith; Alan Clarke, Dane O'Dowd, Mark Johnston; Lorcan Mulvey, Adrian Taite; Darren Costello, Ray Galligan, Stephen Jordan; John McCabe, Michael Brennan, Philip Brady.

Subs: Andrew Smith, Killian Lynch, Padraig Cahill, Niall O'Reilly, Kevin Donohoe, Paul Brady (Castlerahan), Eamonn Reilly (Shannon Gaels), Paddy Bird, Fergal Clarke.

I see we have a gorum member on the panel!!!  ^^^

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: cavan4sam on May 26, 2010, 02:10:12 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on May 26, 2010, 12:53:43 PM
26 May 2010

I see we have a gorum member on the panel!!!  ^^^
Missed that myself. Must've impressed......................before last weekend :D

BallyhaiseMan

Lawrence,He was one of their best players on the day to be fair.  ;)

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 26, 2010, 03:39:44 PM
Not sure how you meant that  ;) in your post but I'm sure he was. ;) :D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 26, 2010, 05:27:12 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 26, 2010, 03:39:44 PM
Not sure how you meant that  ;) in your post but I'm sure he was. ;) :D

;D  ;D Nah lawrence, i wasnt trying to be smart!!!
i didnt want to say too much more, as it would leave his identity known to those few who still dont know who he is  :D.
He did play well,Linked the attack and defense well,and carried the ball well also.