Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

If there was any risk , I would sit on the bench and only come on if needed. That way another solid two weeks trainin could be got under the belt before the next day. I would imagine TC will want him out there though with his job on the line!

sams the aim

and everyone involved who wants to see cavan win. Matbe celt man was right with mind games. Im sure all inter county players wud want to play if there was even the slightest chance they could

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: sams the aim on May 21, 2010, 03:24:54 PM
and everyone involved who wants to see cavan win. Matbe celt man was right with mind games. Im sure all inter county players wud want to play if there was even the slightest chance they could
Wouldn't that be wonderul? You a Cavan man STA? There's quite a few inter-county players in the county that haven't wanted to play the last few years.

anglocelt39

I think Sam's the Aim is a Cavan man alright. I also think what he might have meant was that if you have committed to the panel you'd be keen to play in the championship. No doubt we have any amount of lads who will not committ to the panel for whatever reason, most counties have that to a greater or lesser degree. We seem to have a few from our current regular county champions who cannot/will not make the committment but perhaps I should not venture back towards that issue.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 21, 2010, 05:04:53 PM
I think Sam's the Aim is a Cavan man alright. I also think what he might have meant was that if you have committed to the panel you'd be keen to play in the championship. No doubt we have any amount of lads who will not committ to the panel for whatever reason, most counties have that to a greater or lesser degree. We seem to have a few from our current regular county champions who cannot/will not make the committment but perhaps I should not venture back towards that issue.

Jaysus ac39, leave that can of worms closed. No point opening it now - were a few weeks from championship and TC has what he has. No let's just see if he can make the most of it!

anglocelt39

Quote from: put-it-up on May 21, 2010, 05:57:31 PM

Jaysus ac39, leave that can of worms closed. No point opening it now - were a few weeks from championship and TC has what he has. No let's just see if he can make the most of it!

Agreed although in fairness both Phil and Paul the Gunner have come in with fairly late runs, was Phil the lad who was involved with the "Underdogs" on TG4, must have been the guts of 5 years ago now?

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 21, 2010, 06:14:33 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on May 21, 2010, 05:57:31 PM

Agreed although in fairness both Phil and Paul the Gunner have come in with fairly late runs, was Phil the lad who was involved with the "Underdogs" on TG4, must have been the guts of 5 years ago now?

Well Paul is an exception considering the commitment he has given over the years and you know he is coming in in fairly good shape. Philip I think did feature on the underdogs alright - still dont think he is everywhere near up to IC standard! Was he on the county hurlers too?

It's some evenin for a bit of ball  ;D

anglocelt39

Up against Kill tonight PIU? Good win last weekend, needed as well

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 21, 2010, 06:36:53 PM
Up against Kill tonight PIU? Good win last weekend, needed as well

No thats 2moro night. The GAA decided they needed a glamour tie to stop the Champions League final stealing the limelight, so they have sent us to the Galatasaray of Cavan football  ;D

Lawrence of Knockbride

Anyone able to confirm or otherwise that the Gaels v Castlerathan game is now only for this year's points as per the recent post in Hoganstand?

Dougal

gaelic life has a piece on it,and as far as their concerned its only for this years league.i work with a club secretary and he says as far as he knows it's off aswell.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Lawrence of Knockbride

An hour and a half til throw-in. What's the odds in the story changing again? ::)

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 22, 2010, 12:28:39 PM
An hour and a half til throw-in. What's the odds in the story changing again? ::)

Or after the fact!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Quote from: Celt_Man on May 22, 2010, 01:35:59 PM

Or after the fact!!

Do u actually care at this stage?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: put-it-up on May 22, 2010, 01:43:44 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on May 22, 2010, 01:35:59 PM

Or after the fact!!

Do u actually care at this stage?

Sure its the Gaels PIU,none of us cared at any stage  ;D