Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Dougal on May 01, 2010, 11:46:17 AM
that was pretty stupid on cahills behalf alright.

im going to have to do a list like BH man ,only a list of killeshandra stalkers. ;D
I love a good bandwagon. :D

boojangles

Current Killeshandra stalkers:

No 1: Dougal- Killeshandra and proud
No 2: Lawrence of Knockbride- closet Killeshandra supporter but he's letting the mask slip :D :D  He's the supporter wearing the trench coat, fishermans hat and sunglasses at all Leaguers games.
No 3: Myles the Slasher- would love to be around to stalk his home club but has to rely on updates from home.

Potential Killeshandra stalkers:

BallyhaiseMan - Seriously worried about Killeshandras superb form in Division One and fearing the Intermediate championship may turn into a cake walk for the Leaguers, some serious stalking may have to occur to try and find out the key to this Killeshandra teams success.
Boojangles - Reasons outlined above
Celt Man - Reasons outlined above

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on May 01, 2010, 02:42:01 PM

No 2: Lawrence of Knockbride- closet Killeshandra supporter but he's letting the mask slip :D :D  He's the supporter wearing the trench coat, fishermans hat and sunglasses at all Leaguers games.
No 3: Myles the Slasher- would love to be around to stalk his home club but has to rely on updates from home.

BallyhaiseMan - Seriously worried about Killeshandras superb form in Division One and fearing the Intermediate championship may turn into a cake walk for the Leaguers, some serious stalking may have to occur to try and find out the key to this Killeshandra teams success.

I'll have to change my outfit. I think you're letting Dougal off lightly there. He's a self-confessed Kildallon man. Maybe when "we" move back to our own pitch he'll support his own club. ;D

mylestheslasher

I think the secret to Killeshandras success is Stephen King and the fact that he is now working wonders with Ballymachugh.  ;)

Dougal

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 01, 2010, 06:40:31 PM
I think the secret to Killeshandras success is Stephen King and the fact that he is now working wonders with Ballymachugh.  ;)

another killeshandra man that doesnt rate stephen king??
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

put-it-up

Quote from: Dougal on May 01, 2010, 09:51:44 PM

I'd say the only Killeshandra man that rates King at this stage is himself :D

In fairness though for whatever reason in club GAA, a preacher in his homeland is rarely appreciated.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on May 01, 2010, 02:42:01 PM

Sure im stalking everyone on this board.  ;)
If any of ye are talking to or approached by a Ballyhaise clubman,just remember,it could be me.  :P

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: put-it-up on May 02, 2010, 03:19:50 PM

In fairness though for whatever reason in club GAA, a preacher in his homeland is rarely appreciated.

Put it up,how did our thirds do against your thirds this afternoon do you know?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 02, 2010, 08:25:23 PM

CFL Reserve Division 3
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
Bailieboro    2-8   1-13   Ballyhaise    Bailieboro   Round 4   
Templeport    2-6   2-14   Kildallan    Templeport   Round 4   
Shannon Gaels    1-7   2-4   Killinkere    Shannon Gaels   Round 4   
Killygarry    3-14   3-5   Munterconnacht    Killygarry   Round 4   
Cornafean    1-6   0-6   Killeshandra    Cornafean   Round 4

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 02, 2010, 08:39:08 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 02, 2010, 08:25:23 PM

CFL Reserve Division 3
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
Bailieboro    2-8   1-13   Ballyhaise    Bailieboro   Round 4   
Templeport    2-6   2-14   Kildallan    Templeport   Round 4   
Shannon Gaels    1-7   2-4   Killinkere    Shannon Gaels   Round 4   
Killygarry    3-14   3-5   Munterconnacht    Killygarry   Round 4   
Cornafean    1-6   0-6   Killeshandra    Cornafean   Round 4

Thanks Lawrence,Its much appreciated.

Celt_Man

Anyone know what the story is with the 3G pitch opening tomorrow?  What time the games start at?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on May 01, 2010, 01:04:02 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 01, 2010, 01:02:32 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on April 30, 2010, 09:59:35 PM
The kindest thing may have been to let us be relegated last year.
Where's mousy this year? And who does Martin Cahill think he is? Running onto the field and him not even togged?
What happened there?

Well I was not at the game but this is what I heard happened from a lad who was there. Denn player took a foul shoulder from rory braiden, got up and struck the wrong player in Daniel Luby. Ref comes over to obviously give him a red card but before he gets it out of his pocket on come martin cahill, not even togged out, and starts jumping up and down in the refs face. Ref hands out the red card anyway. Then Thomais Reilly comes over and pushes cahill away and gets 2 boxes from the cahill for his trouble. Cahill goes back to the line and spends much of the match out on the pitch. Never thought Cahill was that stupid but there you go, maybe being county captain has gone to his head. Apart from that I believe the story of the game was that the leaguers destroyed Denn with Declan McKiernan at FF doing serious damage.

Celt_Man

Anyone at the Dublin game today?  Any word on how it went?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Denn Forever

Cavan won by 4 I think but Dublin were quite disappointing.  We thought Cavan were shot shy.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Western Blue

Travelled over from the West to see the match and have a look at the new 3G pitch. It looks to be a fabulous  playing surface to play on and the players seemed to enjoyed it. Could be slippery  if wet ? Anyway Cavan Gaa are leading the way for other counties again! Cavan played well in the first half and took their chances  with plenty of movement and support for the man on the ball. However on at least 4 occasions we were opened up at the back and Dublin could have had 2/3 goals. Paul Brady,Dermot Sheridan,John McCutcheon and Eoin Mc Phillips can be pleased with their performance. Dublin had 2 huge men at midfield in Fennell and McConnell and they were cleaning up early but Cullivan/ Givney never gave up .Givney took a huge hit in the small of his back and had to go off as a precaution .a pity because when on the ball he used it well
Flanagan,Nesty and McKeever worked hard  although I though McKeever ran out of steam in the 2nd half.Mackey was quite but still got on the score sheet.Didn't come out for the 2nd half.Declan Mc Kiernan will have enjoyed experience playing at this level but was ball watching on a couple of occasions...good for the future.Not sure about Phiip Brady . didn't think he was physically fit compared to the other players but then he he has just come in.
Spoke with some the backroom people after the game about Seanie Johnston....seems to be running out of time to be ready for the Fermanagh game.Not fit for any contact training yet..pity. We deserved to win as Dublin players on view were poor. Yet again I suppose we were poor attack wise in the 2nd half running with the ball into heavy traffic/turning over the ball....no long distance shooting